Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Dec 2005, 09:09 (Ref:1482143)   #1
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pictures of the Zakspeed Saleen

A friend of project-lemans.de takes these shots of the Zakspeed Saleen last weekend in Oschersleben
Old 12 Dec 2005, 09:16 (Ref:1482149)   #2
PRF
Racer

PRF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slow on the heads up. What are Zakspeeds plans for 2006?
Old 12 Dec 2005, 11:06 (Ref:1482209)   #3
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
nice livery . i like it .

Ciao Marco
Old 12 Dec 2005, 11:39 (Ref:1482215)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, very nice livery indeed. As for Zakspeed's plans, im not 100% sure but I beleive it was said a few weeks ago that Zakspeed was entering the 2006 FIA GT championship.
Old 12 Dec 2005, 11:40 (Ref:1482218)   #5
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Nothin confirmed yet.
Old 12 Dec 2005, 13:50 (Ref:1482306)   #6
RobertPrange
Racer

Germany
Germany
RobertPrange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am quite surprised that Marc Basseng was one of the drivers. A nice opportunity for the Nürburgring Porsche ace
Old 16 Dec 2005, 20:36 (Ref:1485516)   #7
PRF
Racer

PRF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Wow, very nice livery indeed. As for Zakspeed's plans, im not 100% sure but I beleive it was said a few weeks ago that Zakspeed was entering the 2006 FIA GT championship.
Good news for all Saleen fans. I hear Shaun Balffe will also be entering an S7R in FIA GT Championship.
Old 17 Dec 2005, 07:35 (Ref:1485649)   #8
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was news about Balfe a little while ago - I think the Zakspeed livery is great - also would like to see what Balfe come up with!

There's something about a largely white Saleen that just seems to suit it...
Old 17 Dec 2005, 12:02 (Ref:1485723)   #9
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Actually, I've always thought that a Saleen would look good in Zakspeed's old dark green livery with the red and white striped roof, like the Porsche 911 GT1-98.

Seem to recall a suggestion that Alzen might drive for Zakspeed?

And what's Zakspeed Sportswear?
Old 17 Dec 2005, 12:29 (Ref:1485736)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
Actually, I've always thought that a Saleen would look good in Zakspeed's old dark green livery with the red and white striped roof, like the Porsche 911 GT1-98.
They used that livery because of Jever sponsorship.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 00:16 (Ref:1485918)   #11
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
They used that livery because of Jever sponsorship.
..and they'll use it again if Jever pays them! Which is unlikely.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 13:57 (Ref:1486083)   #12
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jever is a Dr. Oetker company now. Think marketing and so one will go up to jever soon or the move is already done.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 17:08 (Ref:1486134)   #13
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80
Jever is a Dr. Oetker company now. Think marketing and so one will go up to jever soon or the move is already done.
The Radeberger Group of Dr. Oetker is involved in FIA-GT with Corona and currently i see no reason why Jever should be involved in motorsport
Old 18 Dec 2005, 18:00 (Ref:1486158)   #14
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by panoz.lmp1
The Radeberger Group of Dr. Oetker is involved in FIA-GT with Corona and currently i see no reason why Jever should be involved in motorsport
This is precisely the reason why fans should stick to talking about cars, drivers and trams and not mention who should or shouldn't be sponsoring cars and teams.

If marketing men thought like that, there would be very little in the way of motorsport sponsorship full stop. Leave the marketing strategies to the teams and marketing men in the companies.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 18:03 (Ref:1486159)   #15
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi R8R
This is precisely the reason why fans should stick to talking about cars, drivers and trams and not mention who should or shouldn't be sponsoring cars and teams.

If marketing men thought like that, there would be very little in the way of motorsport sponsorship full stop. Leave the marketing strategies to the teams and marketing men in the companies.
This is a motorsport "discussion forum" Audi R8R that means every aspect of the sport can and probably will be discussed at one time or another, whether it be peoples opinions on Teams sponsorship, driver performance or team performance or anything else you may wish to mention. The people above have every right to air their own personal views on a public discussion forum, just as you do.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 19:17 (Ref:1486181)   #16
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
This is a motorsport "discussion forum" Audi R8R that means every aspect of the sport can and probably will be discussed at one time or another, whether it be peoples opinions on Teams sponsorship, driver performance or team performance or anything else you may wish to mention. The people above have every right to air their own personal views on a public discussion forum, just as you do.
I didn't say that people weren't allowed to do it Saleen, I said they shouldn't, there's a difference.

Which would you prefer, lots of racing cars with lots of professional drivers giving great racing.

Or a handful of outdated sheds being thrashed around three or four times a year because no one can afford to run at the front?

Sorry, but a fans opinion as to whether a certain brand or company should actively be involved in supporting a team isn't warranted, in my opinion (see, that's where the discussion forum part comes in! ) Does a team owner ask all the fans whether they should sign a multi million dollar sponsorship deal? No, but a marketing man might read it and think twice about being associated with motorsport because of it, which could drive money away from a part of motorsport which is still in desperate need of it.

But then, I suppose in this day and age anything and everything is open to public ridicule and disection. So why should that be any diferent?!
Old 18 Dec 2005, 20:28 (Ref:1486213)   #17
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What the hell is wrong with dreaming about old liveries on modern cars? It's not like people here are trying to tell Zakspeed where to get their money from...
Old 19 Dec 2005, 10:56 (Ref:1486535)   #18
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
nice too see a few more Saleens around . one ofthe nicest GT1 cars around in my opinion , and sounds the biz too .
Old 19 Dec 2005, 16:55 (Ref:1486797)   #19
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The sound is just... ohh beautiful! I don't see a problem about dreaming of such car liveries - they're dream cars and they've gotta paint them some day! If it was such an issue then they shouldn't make the car so damn stunning to look at!
Old 19 Dec 2005, 19:39 (Ref:1486894)   #20
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
nice livery . i like it .
Yeah ..... but it needs blue wheels
Old 19 Dec 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1486899)   #21
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
The sound is just... ohh beautiful! I don't see a problem about dreaming of such car liveries
Imagine a Jagermeister Saleen or a BASF sponsored one . Beuatiful is right bob . For me , i like to see painted wheels , but thats just my preferance . It sets the car off imo . Even the black and white GNM Saleen with the black wheels looked great ..... I certainly hope to see a couple of Saleens at Le Mans next year ..... especially the Acemco one