Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Aug 2020, 20:24 (Ref:3995623)   #276
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I see the point you make, but Perez, I think, has huge amounts of his own money, and sponsors when VJ cocked it up... Saying that.. Daddy Stroll has a few more coppers/dollars I believe..Vettel against Stroll? I cannot see Dad letting Vettel making a **** of his son...

Ooooo! The first time I've been language censored in 17 years!
Old 15 Aug 2020, 20:46 (Ref:3995630)   #277
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
I see the point you make, but Perez, I think, has huge amounts of his own money, and sponsors when VJ cocked it up... Saying that.. Daddy Stroll has a few more coppers/dollars I believe..Vettel against Stroll? I cannot see Dad letting Vettel making a **** of his son...

Ooooo! The first time I've been language censored in 17 years!
Yeah, so if that happened, vettel may be going the alonso route of one bad decision after another. Because if daddy stroll wanted to, he could have the car designed for his son's liking and make vettel have to adapt (wonder if the mercedes cars are types vettel would be comfortable in?). Then, giving his son all the better bits to help him stay within a couple tenths of an actual f1 driver, making vettel look worse again.

So going to racing point may be a bad move for vettel too, lol.
Old 15 Aug 2020, 20:56 (Ref:3995633)   #278
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Yeah, so if that happened, vettel may be going the alonso route of one bad decision after another. Because if daddy stroll wanted to, he could have the car designed for his son
I know he’s got funds but not sure how he is going to design the 2019 Merc for 2021? It’s already been designed. In 2019...
Old 16 Aug 2020, 01:49 (Ref:3995660)   #279
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I know he’s got funds but not sure how he is going to design the 2019 Merc for 2021? It’s already been designed. In 2019...
You cut off the parentheses that addressed this
Old 16 Aug 2020, 02:38 (Ref:3995667)   #280
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
If the team is run like a clown show, designed a car that is as bad as it is without whatever trick that got banned late last year, then the driver spinning isn't nearly as much down to his talents or skills, imo. Especially when he was viewed as tentative/slow the race one week prior. Almost as if he just showed, "see, this is what happens when you push this crap car".

And yes, leclerc is beating him. Either leclerc is just that good, or the car is designed more for him, or all the focus of development and good bits are being given to his side of the garage, or all of the above.

Because of how awful ferrari has been, I dont think it's a bad idea for a team like racing point to look at vettel and still see an upgrade over hulkenberg or perez. In a decent situation vettel probably has plenty left. Ferrari just ain't the place to prove it or have success right now.

The point to note out of all this is the car that is designed for Leclerc is not competitive! Maybe they should have listened to Vettel.

The strangest bit is that Vettel was doing just fine against Leclerc until they arrived at Silverstone and then in 2 GPs got two clean practice sessions out of six.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 03:26 (Ref:3995671)   #281
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 05:26 (Ref:3995675)   #282
RWill2073
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
The point to note out of all this is the car that is designed for Leclerc is not competitive! Maybe they should have listened to Vettel.

The strangest bit is that Vettel was doing just fine against Leclerc until they arrived at Silverstone and then in 2 GPs got two clean practice sessions out of six.
No, see, I get them designing a car around leclerc. I just dont think ferrari are competent enough to design a good car right now. Unless they find some trick that circumvents the rules that they can keep all year this time....

But I do think it was odd that vettel was getting criticized for the first British gp when he missed like a practice and a half due to issues on his car. Of course he was going to be behind that week.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 12:48 (Ref:3995723)   #283
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think it's odd that he is criticised for spinning. Missed practice or not.

I'm not sure anyone is saying he's in 11th just down to himself. Ferrari are a, relative, shambles. People just expect a four time champion to be the one dragging the car to podiums when it doesn't deserve it. That he doesn't is more Ferrari than him. That he spins is more him than Ferrari.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 13:49 (Ref:3995732)   #284
RWill2073
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I don't think it's odd that he is criticised for spinning. Missed practice or not.

I'm not sure anyone is saying he's in 11th just down to himself. Ferrari are a, relative, shambles. People just expect a four time champion to be the one dragging the car to podiums when it doesn't deserve it. That he doesn't is more Ferrari than him. That he spins is more him than Ferrari.
I'd argue that he was doing that for 3 or so years at ferrari. The only time he has had a ferrari that was decent was when it was doing something that had to be banned midseason. I'm not arguing he hasn't checked out a little mentally this season. But feeling he had to be driver/engineer/crew chief, etc all at once and working through it himself in the car as he second guesses (rightly so) his team's calls and decisions, will also take concentration away and lead to more mistakes. That's the symptom/disease part of it.
Old 16 Aug 2020, 21:45 (Ref:3995845)   #285
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
But feeling he had to be driver/engineer/crew chief, etc all at once and working through it himself in the car as he second guesses (rightly so) his team's calls and decisions, will also take concentration away and lead to more mistakes. That's the symptom/disease part of it.
Never held Alonso back at Renault or Ferrari. Pat Symonds said he was race very good at race strategy calls from the cockpit whether it was warranted or not. Lewis seems to doing that more these days and even Max!

Vettel did well today in difficult conditions.

However he had a title contending car in 17 and 18 and a solid race winning one last year and did not make the most of it.