Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Nov 2013, 01:08 (Ref:3328283)   #26
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Crasher comes good. There's hope for Maldonado, yet.
Old 7 Nov 2013, 01:42 (Ref:3328286)   #27
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Is that right....
Old 7 Nov 2013, 16:14 (Ref:3328495)   #28
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Is that right....
We shall see.
Old 7 Nov 2013, 16:42 (Ref:3328501)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Does no one else think that he might just be far more in favour at Renault now than Kimi?
If he isn't, he should be. IMO.
Old 7 Nov 2013, 16:42 (Ref:3328502)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I love a good belly laugh.....
Old 7 Nov 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3328510)   #31
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Maldonado looked the real deal in qualy last year but hasn't done anything of repute this year. There's no comparing him to Grosjean unless they match up in the same car and then Romain would win out on pace.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 22:49 (Ref:3333343)   #32
Dragger
Racer

Dragger has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Another good drive from Grosjean, he's continuing to mature into a better driver while keeping his pace. It's safe to say I've become a fan and look fwd to seeing him as Lotus' #1 driver next year. I think he has what it takes to be a World Champ.

Favorite Cars: Aston Martin Vantage, Ford GT40, Porsche Cayman, and anything not FWD ;)
Old 20 Nov 2013, 11:28 (Ref:3334198)   #33
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[itoldyouso]Don't say it/itoldyouso]

I was surprised people had such a downer on his potential before. He was quick a lot of last year too, but people really thought he was a lost cause. I felt many of those accidents weren't as drastically his fault as was sometimes implied, such as the Suzuka one.
Old 20 Nov 2013, 11:44 (Ref:3334206)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I totally agree.
Old 20 Nov 2013, 15:37 (Ref:3334332)   #35
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
[itoldyouso]Don't say it/itoldyouso]

I was surprised people had such a downer on his potential before. He was quick a lot of last year too, but people really thought he was a lost cause. I felt many of those accidents weren't as drastically his fault as was sometimes implied, such as the Suzuka one.
Me too, the bumps were a bit ugly and cringe inducing but surely there was never any doubt about his ultimate talent?

A fair few top liners have gone through similar patches on their learning curve in the past and gone onto to win the WDC.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 00:10 (Ref:3334557)   #36
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Me too, the bumps were a bit ugly and cringe inducing but surely there was never any doubt about his ultimate talent?

A fair few top liners have gone through similar patches on their learning curve in the past and gone onto to win the WDC.

Me three, when he received the suspension penalty, I thought it was an endorsement of how fast he actually was, I still don't think that he deserved to be suspended for what he did!
Old 21 Nov 2013, 07:05 (Ref:3334658)   #37
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Didn't Alonso or Renault say that even in 2009, he was instantly far closer to Alonso's pace than Piquet ever was, even if it didn't look like it? His natural talent is right up there, and he's looked maybe the ultimately quicker of the Lotus drivers when he's got it hooked up right from the start of 2012. One lull at the end of last season when his name was mud and his confidence seemed shot, then this season he's been back big time.

I suspect he's going to appear in a few top three lists this season when the end of year 'top ten drivers' lists appear. Vettel aside, who else has actually impressed more than him this season?

Needs to win a GP soon though, like Hulkenberg.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 11:00 (Ref:3334734)   #38
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m355y View Post
I suspect he's going to appear in a few top three lists this season when the end of year 'top ten drivers' lists appear. Vettel aside, who else has actually impressed more than him this season?
have to agree with that, and thinking about it he'd be number two in mine. marginally ahead of hulkenberg. couldn't tell you who's second in the actual points championship right now, the rest of the field have been that anonymous.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 19:24 (Ref:3334894)   #39
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, Alonso, Webber, Raikkonen, Button, Hamilton....none of them have had vintage seasons so you're going to be looking at Grosjean, Hulkenberg and maybe Rosberg as the drivers behind Vettel who have caught the eye, Romain the most or me. He's had a great year.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3334930)   #40
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
have to agree with that, and thinking about it he'd be number two in mine. marginally ahead of hulkenberg. couldn't tell you who's second in the actual points championship right now, the rest of the field have been that anonymous.
There's been the odd flashes of excitement from other drivers too, the odd performance where someone has done more than their car has hitherto promised.

For example, Bottas last weekend, Perez in Bahrain and Monaco (until he smashed his car to pieces!) Vergne in Canada (a great drive) Massa at Silverstone until his puncture, oh, and Alonso must've done at least a couple of sit up and take notice drives and normally I can think of at least 3, but not right now!

But your right, it has been an anonymous season hasn't it?
Old 20 May 2014, 16:16 (Ref:3408283)   #41
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Enstone team is worried that they may loose Grosjean to a rival team next year but who?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114030
Old 20 May 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3408416)   #42
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
The Enstone team is worried that they may loose Grosjean to a rival team next year but who?

McLaren?
Old 20 May 2014, 23:09 (Ref:3408429)   #43
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
McLaren?
I suspect McLaren would want a real topliner alongside Magnussen if Button leaves/retires. The only one who might go there is Alonso, but Ron is back in charge. On the other hand Button had strong links with Honda and might suit for the first year or two of the new engines.
Old 20 May 2014, 23:20 (Ref:3408430)   #44
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

RBR and Mercedes should be pretty happy with their drivers which only really leaves Ferrari and Macca!

I thought that Ferrari chose the wrong Lotus driver last year!
Old 21 May 2014, 06:41 (Ref:3408495)   #45
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Dont Genii manage him also? Therefore they have the ultimate say.Probably just trying to boost his market value and squeeze a few more quid out of the sponsors.
Old 21 May 2014, 07:02 (Ref:3408500)   #46
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
As long as JB doesn't decide to retire (and judging by his comments last week about "wanting to stop on a high point" it's looking unlikely), I would have thought that McLaren would retain its current pairing for next season.
Button is (apparently) well liked at Honda, Magnussen seems to have good pace (and youth on his side), and both will be well known in the team. That gives consistency to everything else whilst they start to work with the new engine (or should that be Power Unit?) supplier.
Old 21 May 2014, 07:11 (Ref:3408501)   #47
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grosjean - a poster boy for Total and Renault, which team would he fit in?

Ferrari? Shell and Ferrari power. McLaren? Mobile 1 and Honda. Mercedes? PETRONAS and Mercedes. So it cannot possibly be any one of them.

If it's a top ranked team then which other F1 team uses Total products, and Renault power? And has pretty much confirmed one of their drivers for 2015 and beyond? While their other driver attended Dominicali's going away party with Alonso and Raikkonen. The only three current drivers invited.

Just sayin'...
Old 21 May 2014, 07:16 (Ref:3408502)   #48
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Grosjean - a poster boy for Total and Renault, which team would he fit in?

Ferrari? Shell and Ferrari power. McLaren? Mobile 1 and Honda. Mercedes? PETRONAS and Mercedes. So it cannot possibly be any one of them.

If it's a top ranked team then which other F1 team uses Total products, and Renault power? And has pretty much confirmed one of their drivers for 2015 and beyond? While their other driver attended Dominicali's going away party with Alonso and Raikkonen. The only three current drivers invited.

Just sayin'...
We won't mention that driver's tech chief who also seems to be in favour in Italy.
Old 21 May 2014, 07:37 (Ref:3408505)   #49
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We won't mention that driver's tech chief who also seems to be in favour in Italy.
Yeah. Bank balance must be looking very, very healthy down Maranello way...
Old 21 May 2014, 07:44 (Ref:3408509)   #50
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Do I sense a who goes where for 2015 thread coming on?