Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 10 May 2008, 22:31 (Ref:2198505)   #1
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Sprint Cup: Dodge Challenger 500

Unless I am missing something really obvious, there is, so far, no race thread for said race that is soon going to be running.

Despite following NASCAR somewhat properly since moving to Canada, I still don't feel remotely knowledgeable enough to present anything here. NASCAR is a lot more complicated, IMHO, than some people give it credit for. I am just providing the spot for people to comment.

I can say that I LOVE this track. It is easily a challenger for my favourite oval. Simply fantastic.
Old 10 May 2008, 23:00 (Ref:2198517)   #2
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Steevp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm on the learning curve too, got my live timing all set up, the TV's on..

Strangely I've been looking forward to this more than the F1 this weekend, just goes to show how dull F1 is getting.
Old 10 May 2008, 23:28 (Ref:2198528)   #3
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bad news, i'm here.

We've got some new names we gotta deal out:

Kurt Busch is now "Chicken Wings"

Casey Mears is uhhh....something to do with White Sauce...hell, lets just call him White Sauce.
Old 10 May 2008, 23:34 (Ref:2198532)   #4
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, one could say it goes to show how respectable a race NASCAR puts on. F1 has been particularly turgid this year, though.

Anyway, I guess the main talking point would be that Darlington has been resurfaced. Going by the Nationwide race, it may be a double-edged sword: it makes for fine racing when it is green, but the risk of yellow is high. I hope we don't get too stupid with yellows, since it is very frustrating, but the racing can be good.

We best just hope people don't go too mental.

My stomach is turning. It is nearly on.
Old 10 May 2008, 23:40 (Ref:2198534)   #5
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Tony and Elliot get together on the opening lap.

Looks like Sadler got loose into Tony. One could argue Tony should've known that it wasn't on to stay put, but to my mind a racing incident.
Old 11 May 2008, 00:10 (Ref:2198545)   #6
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Steevp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JPM fell like a stone to the back.. I'm listening to his radio "They're gonna wreck you.. " "yeah I know.."
Old 11 May 2008, 17:11 (Ref:2199114)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm back...*ducks*

Fantastic stuff, Darlington is great. Except this was Darlington in fast forward!

Horrible result all round, but never mind. I genuinely don't mind because I enjoy the racing.
Old 11 May 2008, 18:27 (Ref:2199160)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
racing was a lot cleaner than everyone thought; after practice(s), "they" expected carnage. pretty descent race.

darlington is AWESOME. saw my first NASCAR race in person there. since resurfacing, it is now very very VERY fast with the normal little (no) room for error. the facilities were horribly outdated and hopefully the recent improvements will bring the 2nd race back. bu that's doubtful.

1/2 the drivers love it and the other 1/2 hate it. most fans, like myself, love it; a piece of history and just plain ole good entertainment.
Old 11 May 2008, 18:47 (Ref:2199172)   #9
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've watched the opening 120 laps. Nothing great. Darlington is still rubbish.
Old 11 May 2008, 19:17 (Ref:2199182)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ooh, you fibber!
Old 12 May 2008, 01:28 (Ref:2199638)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"rubbish since 1950". i think they have that written on the sign above the main entrance.
Old 12 May 2008, 19:27 (Ref:2200401)   #12
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Ooh, you fibber!
I really do hate Darlington. Worst track on the schedule.
Old 14 May 2008, 10:01 (Ref:2201955)   #13
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love it, It's great that they can run right on the wall, and even hit it and still go on, Busch hit it a fair bit, and two of the were pretty hard!

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock