Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Jul 2001, 14:28 (Ref:123027)   #1
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For all you Zonta fans: PANIS IS A ****

Given that there are so many Zonta fans in this forum (WHY??), I have created this topic especially for you lot to have a good old rant about naughty naught Olivier so that the rest of us can talk sense in peace. Thank you!!

Go on, have a good old flame!!
Old 28 Jul 2001, 15:08 (Ref:123048)   #2
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gee...errr thanks, Tristan.

People get blocked on their qualifying laps; it sucks but then again they all wait for the final 30 minutes to do their runs anyway.

In Montreal, Panis was consistently fast all weekend and looked set for a stormer on his final qualifying run as he passed the pit exit, just as a certain German Driver in a Ferrari pulled out of the pits right into Panis' path blowing the Frenchman's entry into the first corner. Schumacher was roundly booed by the fans in the stands at the first turn as he came around on his qualifying and cool down laps.
As Panis had been trading places in the timing sheets with Barrichello throughout the session, there was a lot a lot of speculation in the stands that TGF's move was deliberate.

The point is, this stuff happens and there may be plenty of reasons expressed for why it happened to Zonta, but its just a part of the game.
Old 28 Jul 2001, 15:38 (Ref:123064)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You don't get away with anything in this life. Sooner or later everything comes back to hit you up the bootlid. The best pilots remember that revenge is a dish best served cold.

Anyway, perhaps Trulli will take Panis out this week. Or perhaps Jacques will oblige again?
Old 29 Jul 2001, 14:19 (Ref:123293)   #4
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Trulli had a go on his behalf ('cause Zonta was too far behind) and.......... failed miserably. Ho hum. May be your theory isn't true after all, Liz??
Old 29 Jul 2001, 14:35 (Ref:123308)   #5
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol...that was rather pathetic on Zonta's part... Many more weekends like that and his days in F1 are numbered, period. Not much better from Trulli though. I guess it's poetic justice on Jordan for sacking Frentzen.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 14:48 (Ref:123324)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
love the way he went into denial live on british tv...
i feel sorry for him cause it's not been his fault, but i'm beginning to think he overdrives too easily. much as i like him, i just think he needs to learn how to chill....
Old 29 Jul 2001, 15:14 (Ref:123349)   #7
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Zonta is a #*#**#*#*********#######!!!!!!!

thanks for driving into Jos and killing a points chance for Arrows......
Old 29 Jul 2001, 15:18 (Ref:123353)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
[sarcasm]oh, i'm playing the violins right now.
poor jos. [/sarcasm]
Old 29 Jul 2001, 15:20 (Ref:123354)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speedvision said that Jos "closed the door" on Zonta and forced him into the back of the Arrows, adding quite disprovingly that "You don't close the door on people like that".

Zonta is overdriving because his future is insecure. You'd do the same and so would I.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 15:25 (Ref:123359)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
too right i would.

i hope he does keep his seat. then at least we can either admit defeat, or say a big 'i told you so' to the doubters.

ej should just tell him he's got the rest of this year. who in their right mind would want alesi to drive for them anyway....

*insert flames from alesi fans here*
Old 29 Jul 2001, 15:30 (Ref:123363)   #11
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Jos Verstappen Position 9th
Chassis No A22-06
T-Car Chassis A22-01

"The first start went well for me but I was a bit closer to the accident than I would have liked to have been. The re-start was also good but I had to pit early due to what happened with (Riccardo) Zonta. I locked my front tyres going into the chicane so I got a bad exit. He got a good exit and had moved in for the slipstream. I was over on the right-hand side of the track so it was strange that he tried to pass me on that side where there is no room. He hit me and I had to come in. Still, it's good to get a finish."

Mike Coughlan, Technical Director, OrangeArrows

"That was a good race and I'm happy to say that the cars performed perfectly. Jos' race was spoilt when Zonta hit him as it ruined his rear tyre and upset the car's handling a little. We had a few concerns with tyres but generally they were okay. We all enjoyed seeing Jos and Enrique racing each other at the end but some of those manouevres were a little close for comfort."

Last edited by steve nielsen; 29 Jul 2001 at 15:31.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 15:34 (Ref:123368)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
he who is without sin casts the first stone.

jos has been stupid enough times. it was a racing incident.
Old 30 Jul 2001, 19:45 (Ref:123958)   #13
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well...my vcr shows the orange car leaving its racing line
at about 310kpm......zonta is very lucky wasn't sent into the forest.
Old 30 Jul 2001, 19:51 (Ref:123960)   #14
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
They weren't doing 310, it was just after the chicane.....

and Jos is alowed to leave his line once, plus: the track makes a right turn there...
Old 30 Jul 2001, 22:09 (Ref:124046)   #15
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does no-one else recall Canada, where Ricardo stopped a certain rookie from scoring his first podium finish by driving into the back of him???

Seems Ricardo needs to calm down in the car - but then again, he shouldn't be there in the first place...

Old 30 Jul 2001, 23:01 (Ref:124061)   #16
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Minardi fan
Does no-one else recall Canada, where Ricardo stopped a certain rookie from scoring his first podium finish by driving into the back of him???

Seems Ricardo needs to calm down in the car - but then again, he shouldn't be there in the first place...

Well said MF, summed it all up
Old 31 Jul 2001, 00:56 (Ref:124096)   #17
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
too right i would.

i hope he does keep his seat. then at least we can either admit defeat, or say a big 'i told you so' to the doubters.

ej should just tell him he's got the rest of this year. who in their right mind would want alesi to drive for them anyway....

*insert flames from alesi fans here*
ahem...Alesifan right here...my mind can easily imagine him driving for them...lol.

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/jeanalesifreaks
Old 31 Jul 2001, 02:26 (Ref:124113)   #18
Roy2
Racer

Roy2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Liz.

Zonta is overdriving because his future is insecure. You'd do the same and so would I. [/B]
Your probably right about this. I hope that Eddie gives him a chance for the rest of the season and gives him the necessary support. I think he has lots of potential, but has had very little luck going for him on the track.

Go Ricardo.