Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 16 Feb 2008, 10:11 (Ref:2130113)   #1
n.kuiper
Rookie

New Zealand
waiuku
n.kuiper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sprint cup -nationwide cup

ive been watching the coverage of daytona and i just wanna know whats the difference i know sprint is the top but thats all i know
Old 16 Feb 2008, 11:51 (Ref:2130165)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
1. NASCAR Sprint Cup
2. NASCAR Nationwide Series
3. NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series
Old 16 Feb 2008, 11:58 (Ref:2130170)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sprint has the longest races, all the top teams and drivers etc...

Nationwide run different cars with less power and more grip, the races are shorter and it is (theoretically) the final step on the ladder to Cup. Some Cup teams run in it with some young prospects or they run their Cup drivers occasionally.
Old 16 Feb 2008, 12:26 (Ref:2130197)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
And Craftsman Truck Series the best racing...
Old 16 Feb 2008, 15:29 (Ref:2130314)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Unless we're talking last night... in which case it was a crap race!
Old 18 Feb 2008, 00:29 (Ref:2131472)   #6
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Generally speaking, though, I would say the trucks offer the best races. When they aren't in caution mode, that is.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 20:58 (Ref:2132852)   #7
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I prefer the race length of Trucks/Nationwide races.
Old 21 Feb 2008, 12:50 (Ref:2134127)   #8
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont like the Trucks. I watch the Cup and Nationwide.
Old 21 Feb 2008, 23:43 (Ref:2134614)   #9
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you remove the wing from the COT, you get a truck race.
Old 22 Feb 2008, 00:52 (Ref:2134645)   #10
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
The main problem with truck races is the rather large portions of caution periods that can occur.
Old 24 Feb 2008, 00:41 (Ref:2136212)   #11
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the trucks look better tho....

Old 24 Feb 2008, 00:48 (Ref:2136215)   #12
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the aesthetics of all three divisions. The Sprint Cup car has a more Gt/touring car look to it, and its more upright design makes it look marginally more like a road car (its certainly challenging to drive given the way it slides around like the cars did 20 years ago).

The Nationwide car looks great, imo they should keep the CoT in the Sprint Cup, but keep usuing the current Nationwide car with the safety parts from the CoT to diffentiate it from the Cup. The Trucks look quite good as well.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 24 Feb 2008, 00:48 (Ref:2136216)   #13
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the aesthetics of all three divisions. The Sprint Cup car has a more Gt/touring car look to it, and its more upright design makes it look marginally more like a road car (its certainly challenging to drive given the way it slides around like the cars did 20 years ago).

The Nationwide car looks great, imo they should keep the CoT in the Sprint Cup, but keep usuing the current Nationwide car with the safety parts from the CoT to diffentiate it from the Cup. The Trucks look quite good as well.

Erm: How do i delete a double post?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 26 Feb 2008, 12:22 (Ref:2138341)   #14
Seoigh
Racer

United States
Florida
Seoigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you remove all of the post 1950 technology from a current road car, you will get something which falls neatly into one of the three NASCAR series.

The tube frame and cages are identical in all.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 00:41 (Ref:2138836)   #15
Jacko44
Racer

Australia
Gelorup WA
Jacko44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally I'd rather Sprint Cup then Nationwide Series then CTS.

The longer the races the better!