Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 14 Mar 2009, 11:38 (Ref:2415434)   #1
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WSS to Moto2 instead of WSB?

How many do you think will go from WSS to Moto2 or whatever the new 600cc 250 replacement class is called might be better than the jump to WSB? For someone like Sofoglu it might be a very good move - and for teams looking to develop a bike some old hands like Foret or West might be a good choice for their first seasons on Moto2.

I reckon, especially after today, Laverty will be back on for a return to the Moto GP paddocks too. Classy win, classy dedication after.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 10:46 (Ref:2415898)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I dont think many team will go from WSS as in reality you have toi build your own bikes

It may be the case that the importers who back Yamaha Italia and the like may wish to go with the GP2 teams which would be a loss for WSS,

THis would be bad coz WSS is perhaps the best 4 stroke racing in the world right now.

Simply put, using a bespoke chasss is a hard thing so most teams are gonn stay coz they simply havent got the ability and werewithal to build and develop their own chassis!
Old 23 Mar 2009, 11:56 (Ref:2422645)   #3
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is moto2 in effect this year?
Old 23 Mar 2009, 12:36 (Ref:2422685)   #4
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No next, 250 swansong year.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 12:53 (Ref:2422704)   #5
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm gonna miss the 250 Aprilia .. although Honda and Yamaha had their years .. for the last 15 years it was the 250 bike

Ciao Marco
Old 23 Mar 2009, 13:27 (Ref:2422729)   #6
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I had money to burn, I'd have an Aprilia 125 and an Aprilia 250 GP replica inside my house. I can almost feel my future self telling me to do it. I even had an Aprilia 125 once. WORK OF ART.

They will be missed.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 13:44 (Ref:2422749)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is a shame yes

But you have to move with the times and no one buys 2 stroke sports bikes anymore!!

It makes financial and environmental sense to go 4 stroke

More peopel could get involved costs are not chassis and engine!

And 4 strokes are inherently easier to go green, something we HAVE to thnk about now
Old 23 Mar 2009, 14:26 (Ref:2422794)   #8
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
would be interesting if Aprilia will get involved in the new class .. nowdays they have far more 4 stroke bikes than 10 years ago or even when they raced the Cube

Ciao Marco
Old 22 Jun 2009, 08:05 (Ref:2488084)   #9
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

They've taken 40 odd entries and it was oversubscribed by 50%!! Amazing...