Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Apr 2006, 07:02 (Ref:1595965)   #1
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
CAMS National Series - Oran Park May 6-7. Do yourself a favour !!

This one kind of crept up on me.

Next weekend assembles one of the best motorsport packages I have seen in a while.

The program includes :

- Super Trucks
- Saloon Cars
- V8 Utes
- GT Sportscars
- Performance Cars
- Commodore Cup
- Production Cars

The only thing missing would be F3, however its still a mighty bill.

So as the man with the funny hat says, Do yourself a favour and get out to Oran Park on May 6 - 7.
Old 27 Apr 2006, 07:41 (Ref:1595989)   #2
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting (and before anyone tris to jump down my throat - read carefully).

I hadn't picked up before that this round clashed with the AMRS Winton Round. I realise that the two have different participants but I will ask the question - will this affect either series by attracting drivers the other would like?

Are there any other 'clashes' between the two? I haven't checked so an open question.
Old 27 Apr 2006, 07:52 (Ref:1595997)   #3
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now that is what the BIMF should have been!!! A Bit of the old PROCAR, plus a lot more!
Old 27 Apr 2006, 12:47 (Ref:1596203)   #4
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyline

I hadn't picked up before that this round clashed with the AMRS Winton Round. I realise that the two have different participants but I will ask the question - will this affect either series by attracting drivers the other would like?

Are there any other 'clashes' between the two? I haven't checked so an open question.
I think the only real clash in terms of classes would be the Australian Production Car Championship (CAMS) and the Production Touring Car Championship (AMRS). Other than that, I can't really see any crossover between the two series.

The finals for both series are scheduled for the same weekend (Nov 25/26)
AMRS = Wakefield Park
CAMS = Eastern Creek

And to make it worse for me personally is the last supersprint of my racing calendar is on as well at Oran Park GP circuit! I will most likely be at Eastern Creek at this stage.
Old 27 Apr 2006, 12:51 (Ref:1596206)   #5
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, and I think the weekend at Oran Park is going to be fantastic. Aside from the open wheelers being missing, surely any motorsport fan can find something good to watch on that bill?
Old 27 Apr 2006, 20:20 (Ref:1596525)   #6
Peak Revs
Rookie

Peak Revs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like a good bill, particularly with the trucks, this must be their first time out for the year.

Pity about the final round being on the same weekend and both in NSW too, not a good thing, but it will open the debate, "we released our series dates first"
Old 27 Apr 2006, 22:16 (Ref:1596582)   #7
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Given the lead time you would think one of them would be able to change (and, not sticking up for either, but that particulkar weekend has been a Wakefield fixture now for the last 2-3 years hasn't it?)

Especially when you consider, in this case, it isn't just the competitors that will suffer - officials will as well.
Old 27 Apr 2006, 22:46 (Ref:1596592)   #8
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn and blast. I was planning on going to the NSWRRC day/night on the following weekend. Now with this meeting, I might have to choose one or the other.

Thats interesting... last year the Supertrucks were endorsing the AMRS, this year CAMS.

Looking forward to seeing the "GT Sportscars" incarnation for the first time.

Is there a website for the series?
Old 27 Apr 2006, 22:52 (Ref:1596596)   #9
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rotorfan,
You could always go to Eastern creek this weekend for round 2 of the NSW state championships.
Thats where I will be on Sunday

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 27 Apr 2006, 23:10 (Ref:1596599)   #10
SRabbit
Veteran

SRabbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oran Park prices -

Saturday : Adults $15 Children 11-16 $10 10 and under free
Sunday : Adults $35 Children 11-16 ?? (may have been $15 sorry Kim, you spoke too fast!) 10 and under free
Old 28 Apr 2006, 00:39 (Ref:1596628)   #11
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRabbit
Oran Park prices -

Saturday : Adults $15 Children 11-16 $10 10 and under free
Sunday : Adults $35 Children 11-16 ?? (may have been $15 sorry Kim, you spoke too fast!) 10 and under free
Thats expensive! the AMRS was $25 last year, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama
Rotorfan,
You could always go to Eastern creek this weekend for round 2 of the NSW state championships.
Thats where I will be on Sunday
Don't like Eastern Creek for spectating. You can't see much.

I might be able to go to both - i'm going to try!
Old 28 Apr 2006, 00:59 (Ref:1596637)   #12
alfacors
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
Looking forward to seeing the "GT Sportscars" incarnation for the first time.

Is there a website for the series?
www.gtchampionship.com.au - not sure if it's finished yet, last time I checked they were still working on some sections.
Old 28 Apr 2006, 01:45 (Ref:1596652)   #13
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors
www.gtchampionship.com.au - not sure if it's finished yet, last time I checked they were still working on some sections.
Thanks. What about the CAMS series in general?
Old 28 Apr 2006, 02:14 (Ref:1596659)   #14
SRabbit
Veteran

SRabbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
some unfortunate TV scheduling next weekend - you can either go watch them live at Oran Park on sunday the 7th, or stay home and watch the Bathurst round (2) on speedweek 12pm-2pm sunday the 7th
Old 28 Apr 2006, 08:44 (Ref:1596769)   #15
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Maybe you need to contact the organisers of both tracks and Series and ask how hard it is to arrange meetings so nothing clashes. I know from personal experience and from contacts that it is very difficult to get a calendar in place because most circuits are booked up 12 months in advance.
I would hate to be organising race series now that drifting is on as well, takes up alot of weekends all around the country.

I am really looking forward to next weekend at OP it was fantastic last year and although F3's are not on I also agree the categories that are racing will be excellent.
Old 28 Apr 2006, 09:10 (Ref:1596792)   #16
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Kerri - the stupid part is that the track do sit down and talk with each other about things such as this but it is fact that some series are not 'discussed' with the tracks - some are simply given as a feit acompli - IOW the track has no say in it unless there is such an obvious blunder (eg the track was already due for resurfacing or was closed) that the track has to wear the date given to it whether they like it or not.

My understanding is that some of the CAMS dates were handed out this way with very little negotiating power being given to the venue by CAMS.
Old 28 Apr 2006, 09:36 (Ref:1596813)   #17
alfacors
Veteran

Anyway, back to Oran Park....... I think it will be fairly big!
Old 28 Apr 2006, 09:53 (Ref:1596827)   #18
XW GT
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
XW GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Storyline,

I tend to agree with Kerri. I reckon that the only category that can dictate what weekend that they want (and get) is Tony's mob, the rest have to fit in with the particular circuit's commitments to a plethora of weekend track activities that are booked in advance, and are maybe more profitable than a particular race meeting.
We are always going to have (and have had) a clash at some time during the year. Let's not start any conspiracy theories
Old 28 Apr 2006, 10:10 (Ref:1596847)   #19
XW GT
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
XW GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Kerri - the stupid part is that the track do sit down and talk with each other about things such as this but it is fact that some series are not 'discussed' with the tracks - some are simply given as a feit acompli - IOW the track has no say in it unless there is such an obvious blunder (eg the track was already due for resurfacing or was closed) that the track has to wear the date given to it whether they like it or not.

My understanding is that some of the CAMS dates were handed out this way with very little negotiating power being given to the venue by CAMS.
"The track has to wear the date given to it whether they like it or not." "My understanding is that some of the CAMS dates were handed out this way with very little negotiating power being given to the venue by CAMS" What a load of twaddle Storyline. Do you believe that CAMS can tell Mick Ronke etc that they have to put this meeting on at this time?
Old 28 Apr 2006, 21:49 (Ref:1597200)   #20
Peak Revs
Rookie

Peak Revs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by XW GT
"Do you believe that CAMS can tell Mick Ronke etc that they have to put this meeting on at this time?
I can slightly recall a certain series being given the flick coz another "larger" series couldn't go overeas to play.
Old 28 Apr 2006, 22:47 (Ref:1597223)   #21
roger ward
Rookie

roger ward should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cam Series at Oran Park

I know some of you will say who cares who had their calender out first , but CAMS were determined to make life as hard as possible for the AMRS after back door attack last year .The AMR had their dates out first and thats a fact

While the trucks were sechedules to run again with ARMS it is all about money and the trucks have always got away with not paying their fair share . First under the Power Tour (Wish I could forget them ! wallet won't let me ) then last year year at Oran Park . My guess is that Oran Park have encouraged the truck attitude in the past and in some way if I was a promoter I might also give them some grace as they DO bring the CROWDS .Last years racing at Oran Park was super

I think it is great for motor sports to have options for us fans and in the real world everthing is all about competition , as long as it is fair .
Old 28 Apr 2006, 23:02 (Ref:1597226)   #22
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
XW - Posted a reply last night - not sure if it has been removed (if so at least tell the poster) or ten-tenths has a database problem - but.

A number of circuits, over the years, have been put in situations where they have been given a date with little or absolutely no room for manouevering on the allocated date.

The example I gave last night was Round 1 of the CAMS series - my informaiton was that the date was given to Wakefield and they were not particularly happy with either the date OR the fact it was rund 1 - but it was 'take it or leave it'. Now this could have been, as roger alludes to, the fact that this track is also engaged in the AMRS - but that would be inciting a conspiracy theory, wouldn't it?

Also if you go back - Wakefield has been running a meeting in late November fo the past 4 years - since 2003. HSRCA have also and well beyond that 2003 date - so it isn't asif it were already known that cars and officials are already allocated on the final weekend in November each year.

But you will also find that the ARDC have, on a number of occasions, also allocated dates on weekends that clash with other NSW meetings - most noticeably with Wakefield (hmmm ARDC --> CAMS...a pattern is beginning to emerge here - which makes the previous 'rumour' about Eastern Creek wanting to join AASA and AMRS so unbelieveable)
Old 29 Apr 2006, 00:30 (Ref:1597268)   #23
alfacors
Veteran

So back to the topic of ORAN PARK...... who else is coming??
Old 29 Apr 2006, 01:28 (Ref:1597289)   #24
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed alfacors, so tell me what sort of weather are we going to get there from Thursday.
Do I need to pack my winter woolies? The weather was beautiful when we were there last year.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 06:52 (Ref:1597341)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri
Agreed alfacors, so tell me what sort of weather are we going to get there from Thursday.
Do I need to pack my winter woolies? The weather was beautiful when we were there last year.
The days are reasonably warm, you can get sunburned easily (did this last week ) but once the sun goes away the temperatures drop right off and you freeze!!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House