Kazuki Nakajima 1 0.60%
Mark Webber 3 1.80%
Other 1 0.60%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Jul 2008, 13:57 (Ref:2245405)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race - Great Britain

Fantastic race ! Rain and skills at the edge...
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:00 (Ref:2245408)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Contenders are:

1. Lewis Hamilton - Mesmerizing drive a special wet weather masterclass
2. Nick Heidfeld - Steady drive with some brave overtaking
3. Rubens Barrichello - A great drive!
4. Felipe Massa - Comedy Value. A lesson in how to spin without crashing.
5. Mark Webber - Because he must be there! Always!

Well this one is easy really. Lewis was stunning. A special drive in the wet. Lapped his team mate and sometimes 2-3 secs quicker than anybody else. DOTR by a mile!
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:02 (Ref:2245416)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lewis, Nick or Rubes? Hmmm.....

Rubes.

Although I'd quite like to give it to Nick for trying to not look so bored in the press conference (and failing).
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:04 (Ref:2245418)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
4. Felipe Massa - Comedy Value. A lesson in how to spin without crashing.
We can add it to the season highlights, together with "Kimi in Monaco" and "Hamilton in Canada" !

No, wait, he didn't crash at all...
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:06 (Ref:2245420)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
No, wait, he didn't crash at all...
Exactly! Kimi and Lewis can learn from Massa there.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:06 (Ref:2245421)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great fun to watch.

Driver of the race? Well done Nick, well done Rubens, but - without a trace Hamilton hysteria, it can only go to Lewis. As illustrated by the size of the contenders list, very few proved themselves to be at the pinnacle of motor racing today.......
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:08 (Ref:2245426)   #7
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lewis Hamilton or Rubens Barichello I think - but I'll go for Hamilton, particularly because of the gap by which he won.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:09 (Ref:2245429)   #8
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I went for Rubens, as his car did not belong anywhere in the top 3.

Great drive from Hamilton though.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:11 (Ref:2245433)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
...very few proved themselves to be at the pinnacle of motor racing today.......
I agree, both teams and drivers by the way...
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:13 (Ref:2245435)   #10
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis was imperious today, but my heart has to give the DoTR to Rubens. Fantastic to see him up there and see him so pleased.

Solid from Nick, and Kimi was a surprising 4th after his dramas. Nakajima put in a pretty good race again too. Disappointed with Heikki and Webber. Massa was Yamamoto-esque
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:14 (Ref:2245438)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lewis did so well to build that lead, and never looked like making a mistake even when he was on difficult tyres. For once, ITV's hyping of him was completely justified.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:17 (Ref:2245441)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Lewis was fantastic, their fans just have to get off his shoulders and let the kid drive... he will be the champion he always been.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:18 (Ref:2245444)   #13
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Massa :rolf:

Flawless drives only really came from Hamilton, Heidfeld, Barichello and Nando... however, I dont see how you could start from 3 slots behind your team-mate, lap him fair and square in race :w00t: and not become the man of the race.

Lewis Hamilton. No question.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:18 (Ref:2245443)   #14
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Its going to be between Lewis and Rubens isnt it.

Lewis faultless... but great to see Rubens on podium again!!

RUBENS!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:19 (Ref:2245445)   #15
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wonderful drive by Nick; terrific overtaking. Almost miraculous drive by Rubens, but it has to be Lewis, surely, even though I'm not his greatest fan.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:24 (Ref:2245453)   #16
hitchcockm00
Racer

England
Exeter
hitchcockm00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens. Lewis was good but as others have said, Rubens didn't belong on the podium in that car so it was his driving that made the difference (combined with good tyre choice obviously)
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:27 (Ref:2245458)   #17
doug911
Racer

United Kingdom
York
doug911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stunning drive from all of the top three but it has to be Lewis....he made everyone else look like they were on slicks!!
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:29 (Ref:2245462)   #18
Hendrik
Racer

MagnetON
Germany
Hendrik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Close thing between Hamilton, Heidfeld and Barrichello. Barrichello strong in heavy rain, Heidfeld showing the best overtaking action (again). But speaking of pure speed, it has to be Hamilton for me.

All three on the podium deserved it so much. What a race!
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:31 (Ref:2245464)   #19
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man I love wet races. You just don’t know what’s going to happen next and sit on the edge of your seat.

I think Lewis can quite comfortably take the role of the rainmister now TGF is not on track. Vote to Lewis

Props to Bubens - good call. Oh I have missed that silly little fall over dance you do on the podium.

Got to say I am absolutely gob smacked we did not have a monumental crash into the side of a spinning car or into the wall. Well done all drivers for providing great entertainment without injury
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:32 (Ref:2245466)   #20
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good drive by Hamilton but still not world champion material taking the season overall at the half way mark.

Barichello sublime today from the back.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:47 (Ref:2245486)   #21
craigd
Racer

United Kingdom
Bristol
craigd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think all 3 could deserve equal dotr: they all drove well and were pretty much the only ones not to make mistakes (think they each had one gravel trip or something).

Lewis: destroyed the others on pace with great discipline and won by a mile, but compared to the other podium guys he did have by far the best car.
Nick: was sublime in the middle part with 2 great double overtakes on the one corner to really 'grab' 2nd place and not just luck into it by driving quietly around while others fell apart.
Rubens: amazing performance, allowing the weather to mask the crapness of the Honda. And surely the only one to make the 'correct' choice with regard to strategy!? (though guess Brawn is to take some of the honours for that)

Overall, has to go to Lewis though. Job Done.

Can I ask though too, why didn't the other teams go with the extreme wets? The other teams just froze still! I mean that tyre was soo much quicker that Rubens earned his pitstop back in 4 laps or so! (Brundle said at one point he was half a minute faster than the others on one lap!!!!) And with all the others flying off that made him even faster, relatively! Afterall, though Rubens drove great, it was the tyre choice that gave him the 3rd! Many other drivers dropped the ball I feel there!

I also think it could transpire that Massa may indeed have had a throttle problem - some of his spins early on were just too incredulous to be down to him being that lame!!! (soz if going off topic)
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:48 (Ref:2245488)   #22
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me it is LH but only just because of sentiment, well played Rubeno
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:53 (Ref:2245495)   #23
EdLeake
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
EdLeake should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's clear Hamilton had the best car on the track and with only one minor error he was superb, but lest we forget his supreme backing too.

Rubens in a clearly average car shone in the wet and should have taken 2nd if it weren't for his fueling rig fiasco, what made it for me is he didn't blame the team or mention anything of it in the press conference after. Very humble, very happy, great to see him on the podium.

Driver of the day? Well Hamilton unlike Rubens didn't have to fight through the whole grid to get to the podium and yes Lewis was stellar but Rubens had a heck of a lot more to do, and pulled it off cleanly. Both were a class above the rest, both in different ways.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:53 (Ref:2245496)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Oh, and Heikki taught Alonso a lesson or two today...

or maybe three !
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:53 (Ref:2245497)   #25
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lewis for one of the greatest drives Silverstone has seen.

Nick did well with some fabulous overtaking manouvres, but he couldn't catch Lewis.

Rubens got where he did because he was on the extreme wets. "Before that he was nothing special". Those were Ross Brawn's words. He had trouble reaching Lewis who was on the wrong tyres for the conditions.

It reminded me of Senna's drive in the wet in Estoril back in the mid 1980s. Utterly stupendous.