Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Jan 2010, 05:31 (Ref:2621450)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
V8Supercar Tickled Pink....

Pink to front V8Supercar

All a secret apparently, except its in AA this week
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 Jan 2010, 05:52 (Ref:2621454)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
havent we know this for weeks, reckon its even be said publicly by TC?
Old 29 Jan 2010, 07:11 (Ref:2621468)   #3
Wood-duck
Racer

Wood-duck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in terms of commercial air play in Australia, Pink is #1 by a fair margin.

I am not a 'pink' fan myself, but this has to be a good thing for our sport.

I am thinking a similar impact to Tina Turner did for Rugby League late 80's...
Old 29 Jan 2010, 09:18 (Ref:2621521)   #4
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Correct. AA at it's best.
Old 29 Jan 2010, 09:30 (Ref:2621527)   #5
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
No I reckon months would be closer.
Old 30 Jan 2010, 09:13 (Ref:2622162)   #6
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, it isn't new news.

What will be interesting is to see what localised footage screens for each state and NZ, possibly not the Middle Eastern rounds though.

If this works like it has been hoped, then this will signify the 2nd growth phase of V8 Supercars. If V8SA are a tad cunning, they may have Pink doing a concert on the Saturday night for each headline event for each state.

Now that'd be clever!
Old 30 Jan 2010, 17:56 (Ref:2622341)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
Yep, it isn't new news.

What will be interesting is to see what localised footage screens for each state and NZ, possibly not the Middle Eastern rounds though.

If this works like it has been hoped, then this will signify the 2nd growth phase of V8 Supercars. If V8SA are a tad cunning, they may have Pink doing a concert on the Saturday night for each headline event for each state.

Now that'd be clever!
Is there a significant back catalog of work available to make the shows in each venue a little bit different from one another?
Old 31 Jan 2010, 00:14 (Ref:2622542)   #8
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Australia must be behind the times, Pink hasn't been popular in the States for a good three years or so now, lol.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 00:51 (Ref:2622555)   #9
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Australia must be behind the times, Pink hasn't been popular in the States for a good three years or so now, lol.
But she is hugely popular in Australia.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 02:36 (Ref:2622579)   #10
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfit View Post
But she is hugely popular in Australia.
Exactly, behind the times. :P
Old 31 Jan 2010, 03:18 (Ref:2622595)   #11
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Exactly, behind the times. :P
Jeez Matt, not trolling are you?

Actually, she's been popular down here from the get go - just hasn't waned like in the US, is on record as saying that we "get" her down here. Sold out something like 50 concerts on her tour last year.

Will be interesting to see how it all works with getting the V8 image & her's working together.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 05:50 (Ref:2622619)   #12
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Jeez Matt, not trolling are you?
Not one bit.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 20:13 (Ref:2623144)   #13
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Is there a significant back catalog of work available to make the shows in each venue a little bit different from one another?
How different were the 50 shows she sold out last year?

Does it matter if it is part of the ticket price to see the racing??
Old 2 Feb 2010, 04:01 (Ref:2624180)   #14
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Concerts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
How different were the 50 shows she sold out last year?

Does it matter if it is part of the ticket price to see the racing??
To me it does- why should I have to cough up extra on top of the to see Pink/ Cold Chisel/whoever.

By all means have concerts at rounds- just don't expect me to pay a premium to see an artist that I am not interested in.

Think of the howls if we wanted to see our favourite artist for x dollars a ticket,only to be told " you'll be paying more because we are throwing in a motor race"

Now it it was Beatles reunion- with the the Yardbirds opening for them ..........
Old 2 Feb 2010, 12:07 (Ref:2624339)   #15
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cutting edge concept from the guru's down at V8SA.

Just out of interest, wasn't Diesel with his cover of "you;ve really got me going" theme song back in 2003 going to be the master stroke that would take v8's mainstream?

I am not doubting Pink's popularity in Australia but its a long bow between Pink's demographic of fans and that of "Australia's fastest growing sport"
Old 2 Feb 2010, 13:41 (Ref:2624397)   #16
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Cutting edge concept from the guru's down at V8SA.
Don't know about anywhere else, Rockingham UK Oval used to do something similar for their NASCAR-ish stock car series. Sadly I think a lot of fans did turn up for a concert with race thrown in rather than the other way around.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 06:35 (Ref:2626162)   #17
V8Bobby
Rookie

Australia
V8Bobby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Don't know about anywhere else, Rockingham UK Oval used to do something similar for their NASCAR-ish stock car series. Sadly I think a lot of fans did turn up for a concert with race thrown in rather than the other way around.
Why is that sad? As long as they come, does it matter why? If everyone came just for the racing, there would be no point to the concert.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 06:56 (Ref:2626163)   #18
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Bobby View Post
Why is that sad? As long as they come, does it matter why? If everyone came just for the racing, there would be no point to the concert.
I think what Woolley was getting at was that alot of the fans turned up for the concert afterwards, but didn't show for the racing beforehand
Old 4 Feb 2010, 13:26 (Ref:2626460)   #19
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Bobby View Post
Why is that sad? As long as they come, does it matter why?
Are we not trying to increase race fans? By increasing concerts, side shows etc you are marginalising the motorsport component to the point where you will have 'event' fans as opposed to motorsport fans.

V8SA won't care but its something motorsport in general should consider.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 22:22 (Ref:2626883)   #20
V8Bobby
Rookie

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Are we not trying to increase race fans? By increasing concerts, side shows etc you are marginalising the motorsport component to the point where you will have 'event' fans as opposed to motorsport fans.

V8SA won't care but its something motorsport in general should consider.
Understand what you're saying but if out of 1000 people who came primarily for the concert, 5 of them became motorsport fans as a result and the balance had a great time, spent money at the event that benefits motorsport and would go again the next year, isn't everyone a winner? Better than not getting those 5 extra supporters and the economic benefit from the others.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 22:35 (Ref:2626898)   #21
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What I was intending to suggest was that the racing was pretty good, and it's a pity in what is supposed to be a great motorsport nation that it couldn't raise big enough crowds on its own for whom the concert would have been a bonus. That a number of people came to the concert and were exposed to the racing was a good thing for the sport overall.
Old 5 Feb 2010, 02:15 (Ref:2626998)   #22
V8Bobby
Rookie

Australia
I think people need to see value for money. Let's face it, motorsport isn't the 'premier' sport in many countries - it is cost prohibitive to have the participation rate of soccer, football etc.
Most people attend one motorsport event a year and with the cost of tickets, need to see more value than a few hours of watching cars on the track. I buy my football membership for $350 and get to go to 22 matches for the year with reserved seats. That amount won't go far on motorsport tickets, especially if I wanted a seat.
Old 19 May 2010, 01:12 (Ref:2693703)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Courtney & Whincup Have The Hots for Pink?

Old 21 May 2010, 03:26 (Ref:2695163)   #24
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
SCANDAL!!!!!

Wow. I'm literally blown away! I'm typing this with whats left of my right toe which is being eaten by a pigeon.....