Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 7 Mar 2019, 09:27 (Ref:3888869)   #326
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well said that man
Old 7 Mar 2019, 10:42 (Ref:3888881)   #327
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really hope these new group can cause a return to a stronger content of European rounds of this so called World Championship. Except for some rounds in the USA I don't see the benefits...
Old 7 Mar 2019, 11:19 (Ref:3888886)   #328
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Goons

People who support something regardless of what it means. Not a word against people personally

Fair play they have scraped together a series, but they had to or IMG would pull the plug, they can't televise a series and try and sell tickets to this without 4 or 5 names, and these guys are not top names, they are the supporting cast. The tracks would be struggling to sell tickets for what was released, the tv would be awful, so they had to do something and I would think IMG greased the pole for most of these deals.

They were top names years ago, but not anymore, it's all that is left.

You all know my feelings, and they are, that if you support anything IMG do you are partly responsible for the ruination of rallycross.

That will never change. So why complain about me, f the sport was great I would be too, but we all know it isn't. Just you all try and see the positive in everything
Old 7 Mar 2019, 11:38 (Ref:3888894)   #329
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think it’s time you put that spade away. Or at least try and fix that broken record
Old 7 Mar 2019, 11:57 (Ref:3888899)   #330
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's wrong with trying to see the positive in something? I've been vocal on the WRX Facebook page with the direction it's headed in (as have numerous others), especially with regards ticket price and dull circuits. Who knows, maybe that helped them sell Silverstone tickets at 50% the price as last year.

The point is that people are welcome to spend their money on what they want without fear of being treated as 'scabs' on here. You ought to have a look at yourself and how your comments could be taken as it is tantamount to bullying at times.

So, with that (and depending on a decent ERX entry), I'll be going to Silverstone to watch some racing. Even though the circuit is rubbish. And I'll be going to Loheac too, which is an epic event with WRX, ERX, s1600 and RX2. It's also at an old school circuit. I daresay even you could see at least one positive there.
Old 7 Mar 2019, 22:33 (Ref:3889013)   #331
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would think the reason they drooped the price was because no-one was buying them, the perceived hype was non existent. And what turned out was the same stuff you could find at half the price at shows over the winter.

You call yourself whatever you want to, sorry but I will never purchase tickets for any IMG promoted event again. They don't listen, don't care.

All they care about is making, money, your money. If you are happy with that, so be it. You CAN do this decently, with respect, but they have not. And happily it has bitten them on the arse, hilariously.

Just don't expect people like me who can see what they are doing, are not happy with it, and can see the damage they are doing long term to be happy about about it.

You can wave your flags, cheer on your Brits like you always do, I do the same at sports that mean to me now what rallycross used to mean before it was ruined in this country by Stott and now by people like Whittington and IMG in Europe.

I simply cannot back that or support it in any way, but I am not going to hide behind a smiley face, and a union jack with names on it and pretend everything is OK.

Ever tried emailing IMG, you can't, funny that.
Old 7 Mar 2019, 22:50 (Ref:3889018)   #332
S griffin
Veteran

Why can’t some people just make their point then move on? Going on and on about your hate for something does no favours
Old 8 Mar 2019, 10:48 (Ref:3889112)   #333
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Its a thread about the sport I loved and would still if things were not the way they are, constant love ins is just as dull in my eyes, sorry.
Old 8 Mar 2019, 11:53 (Ref:3889130)   #334
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two cars from Hedström in ERX, drivers TBA.

https://www.facebook.com/Hedstromsmo...&theater&ifg=1
Old 8 Mar 2019, 12:19 (Ref:3889136)   #335
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The deadline for permanent entries in ERX supercar and s1600 was last night, so expect some more announcements and the list to be published soon. Will be interesting to see if more or less than last year.
Old 8 Mar 2019, 13:30 (Ref:3889148)   #336
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bakkerud has confirmed that the Cartel cars are going to be run by EKS, so I assume that him, Liam and Monster (plus whatever other sponsors) have basically stumped up the cash to hire cars owned by EKS?
Old 8 Mar 2019, 14:30 (Ref:3889167)   #337
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Bakkerud has confirmed that the Cartel cars are going to be run by EKS, so I assume that him, Liam and Monster (plus whatever other sponsors) have basically stumped up the cash to hire cars owned by EKS?
Assuming that they will be 2018 cars (and, if the numbers quoted here before are right, at least one of them must be) than Bakkerud just became my top tip for 2019.

With familiar mechanics running those cars and Bakkerud already having the measure of the S1 he should be fast from the outset.
Old 8 Mar 2019, 17:21 (Ref:3889196)   #338
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think there could be a very intriguing Bakkerud/Hansen battle for sure.
Old 8 Mar 2019, 19:54 (Ref:3889219)   #339
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
ES Motorsport are building a Skoda Fabia Supercar to run in the World Championship in 2019:

https://www.autosport.com/wrx/news/1...y-for-world-rx

To be driven by a “world famous racing driver”.
First post in this topic: so 19-year-old Lithuanian Rokas Bacisuka is for shure is a good driver, calling him a "world famous racing driver"...
Could he be second choise?
Old 8 Mar 2019, 20:30 (Ref:3889221)   #340
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mivec View Post
First post in this topic: so 19-year-old Lithuanian Rokas Bacisuka is for shure is a good driver, calling him a "world famous racing driver"...
Could he be second choise?
The one he was referring to was probably Nasser Al-Attiyah since he tested the car and the article wasn't about who was going to compete in it.

I saw a comment on Facebook by the way where Al-Attiyah apparently had told some Dakar radio channel that he didn't like the car and that he wasn't going to compete in WRX.
Old 8 Mar 2019, 23:14 (Ref:3889249)   #341
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
So Pucher is the new sugar uncle of the Hansen brothers.

Quote:
=SnoodyMcFlude;3889148]Bakkerud has confirmed that the Cartel cars are going to be run by EKS, so I assume that him, Liam and Monster (plus whatever other sponsors) have basically stumped up the cash to hire cars owned by EKS?
Ekstrom himself has no longer (personal) backing from Red Bull??? Otherwise RB supported team boss running Monster team.
Old 12 Mar 2019, 11:03 (Ref:3889859)   #342
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry list up for Abu Dhabi:

Old 12 Mar 2019, 14:19 (Ref:3889894)   #343
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
So no Kristofferson, Ekström, Solberg or Loeb. That's depressing.
Old 12 Mar 2019, 14:30 (Ref:3889898)   #344
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
So no Kristofferson, Ekström, Solberg or Loeb. That's depressing.
It's a shame not to see the "big" names in action but, in terms of racing, this year should be a lot more unpredictable...

...my biggest gripe is the circuits they will be racing on.
Old 12 Mar 2019, 14:30 (Ref:3889899)   #345
S griffin
Veteran

Well they've all gone on to do other things. Don't know if it will be as close. We'll see how this form of Rallycross goes
Old 12 Mar 2019, 17:31 (Ref:3889936)   #346
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
From Petter's social media the other day I'd be surprised if we don't see him out for at least Hell and Holjes.
Old 12 Mar 2019, 18:05 (Ref:3889944)   #347
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Its exactly the same as the last year just with no factory cars. In many ways what it should have always been from the start

the tracks are the same, the people running it are the same.
Old 12 Mar 2019, 19:53 (Ref:3889968)   #348
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should just seize the opportunity and run the ERC with the WRX boys when it’s at the same round. They are going to have 40 plus supercars and it wouod be be like previous years wheee the local/underdog drivers could gain some fame in reaching a final
Old 12 Mar 2019, 20:46 (Ref:3889983)   #349
S griffin
Veteran

Well WRX is a different form of Rallycross. So you can’t make comparisons
Old 12 Mar 2019, 22:14 (Ref:3890008)   #350
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well WRX is a different form of Rallycross. So you can’t make comparisons
ERX has same format as WRX, only problem you need a special ECU for WRX, which is allowed in ERX but not mandatory.