Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 May 2004, 12:19 (Ref:977638)   #1
NissanGTP
Rookie

NissanGTP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LeMans computer game

I am running in the Group-C race at LeMans this year and have never driven the circuit before so I'm after a good computer game with the full cicuit on to get some practice. Can anyone recomend a game (prefferably for the PC but will get my hands on a console if needs be) with an accurate track layout??
Old 21 May 2004, 12:23 (Ref:977644)   #2
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course (but no off course... Xcuse just typical bad french play of words), just have to play the "24 heures du Mans" available either on your PC or Playstation.

just look at Eaby or Amazon to find a pre-owned one.

Out of game's subject, have you already arrange your accomodation, hospitality access, scooter rental ? do you come back for Classic in July ?

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 21 May 2004, 12:26 (Ref:977647)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't even think of using any version of the Infogrammes Le Mans game, pc or console. Its utter ****.

Get yourselkf a copy of F1 Challenge (pc) and download the Proto C mod for it, and you can turn laps on the full LM track to your heart's content. (The run down to the Esses remains unchanged though). Go to Armchair Enthusiast and look for the Proto C thread.....
Old 21 May 2004, 12:28 (Ref:977649)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Gilles

Out of game's subject, have you already arrange your accomodation, hospitality access, scooter rental ? do you come back for Classic in July ?

Ease up a little on the hard sell, eh Gilles?
Old 21 May 2004, 12:29 (Ref:977650)   #5
NissanGTP
Rookie

I have tried the Infogrammes game already and agree with Aysedasi and I'm hopeing to find something better. Will try to get F1 challenge, sounds good.

Gilles - I already have accomadation etc sorted. I have no plans for the Classic, no car of the correct era I'm afraid.
Old 21 May 2004, 13:20 (Ref:977698)   #6
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Nissan - where are you based - I have something I could loan you that will do the job admirably
Old 21 May 2004, 13:22 (Ref:977701)   #7
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Duhhh - Henley on Thames I see (open eyes before typing Goodwin!)

If interested (and this is a free loan btw) drop me a pm
Old 21 May 2004, 13:26 (Ref:977708)   #8
NissanGTP
Rookie

Graham - you have mail...
Old 21 May 2004, 14:14 (Ref:977757)   #9
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i totally agree with Aysedasi. go get F1 challenge, and go to:

www.racesimcentral.com go to their forums, click on the "EA F1 Series Mods" and go to the "VirtuaLM" sub-forum and check out their Proto C mod, its got the cars you'll be racing and you can take to LM on that course... car physics are incredible, great visuals, and the LM track is great. there might also be the post 2002 LM track available too, i dunno though
Old 21 May 2004, 14:18 (Ref:977761)   #10
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
I'll get the mail this evening so will be in touch this evening
Old 21 May 2004, 22:18 (Ref:978155)   #11
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Chris,

Get the F1CC mod, Prototype-C. You'll be able to drive a Nissan P35 (and soon a NPT90)! I was involved with the car physics, researching aero. figures for all the cars.
Old 21 May 2004, 22:19 (Ref:978157)   #12
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Go here for the Prototype-C mod:

http://www.virtua-lm.com/
Old 22 May 2004, 06:43 (Ref:978401)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Re: LeMans computer game

Quote:
Originally posted by NissanGTP
I am running in the Group-C race at LeMans
Which one, NissanGTP ? (well, a Nissan, I assume , but have you more details to give, to allow us to cheer you from the side ?)
Old 22 May 2004, 11:37 (Ref:978642)   #14
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
Not to speak for Chris, but he's in the Nissan NPT90...
Old 22 May 2004, 15:31 (Ref:978910)   #15
Hauptmann6
Rookie

Hauptmann6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah PTC is great... It's the 3.5 liter era... Can't wait for the 85 cars though...

BTW For those of you who do play it, do you race on F1rst2.com? And if so under what username? I am the same everywhere...
Old 22 May 2004, 16:03 (Ref:978927)   #16
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.gtplanet.net/~gtplanet/gallery/gt4cars

For those interested in Group C cars, Gran Turismo 4 will have all the major Group C, LMP900, GTS etc. cars.

Check the above link for a few of the confirmed cars. Another 200+ will be anounced later.

The full 'old' Nurburgring is also included.

Last edited by JAG; 22 May 2004 at 16:09.
Old 22 May 2004, 16:54 (Ref:978962)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by MulsanneMike
Not to speak for Chris, but he's in the Nissan NPT90...
Thank you Mike !
Old 22 May 2004, 18:22 (Ref:979003)   #18
tblincoe
Veteran

i havent been racing online since i got to school in september, but i am involved in making the FIA-GT 1997 Mod among other things
Old 22 May 2004, 19:44 (Ref:979041)   #19
Cadete
Racer

Cadete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'm glad to see that people here play the mods and, more importantly, develop them!

how is the FIA-GT 1997 mod going, tblincoe?
Old 22 May 2004, 21:34 (Ref:979108)   #20
tblincoe
Veteran

slowly but surely we're moving along... right now the physics are being worked on as well as tweaking the models of the cars (right now the focus is the 911-GT1)
Old 22 May 2004, 23:15 (Ref:979162)   #21
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you, like me, are using apple computers then Racer is a great sim. It's available for free at http://www.racer.nl and tons of cars and tracks - including Le Mans (it's a bit bumpy but ok) - are available.