Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 23 May 2007, 21:23 (Ref:1919900)   #1
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Spotters Guides : BTCC, WTCC, SCC and DTM (DTM added)

With the race season well underway, Ten-Tenths.com, SEATCupra.net and Andy Blackmore Design have updated and improved the 2007 Spotters Guide series.

Following feedback, we have split the BTCC and SCC Spotters Guides into separate pdf's which will help with print out clarity.

Each guide is available as a free downloadable PDF. While the guide is supplied in an A4 format, the PDF is designed so that you will be able to print it at A3 size or lager with little or no loss of quality.

The guide shows side views of each car with the main livery design, Driver, Team and Car details. Small logos (and small changes throughout the year) have been omitted to keep the file size manageable. We will update significant changes throughout the season as drivers and teams change, so make sure you bookmark this page and check for an update before you set off to the track...or your armchair!!

The guides are around 4Mb each, but we need to keep the quality. You will need Adobe Acrobat to view these guides.

We currently have the following Spotters Guides:-

BTCC Spotters Guide,
Last update May 23rd, in time for Croft. SEAT Cupra Championship has now been moved to a seperate sheet, so the BTCC cars are now bigger and more legible.

WTCC Spotters Guide,
Last Update, May 23rd, ready for the French round of the WTCC. The next update for this will probably be prior to Brands Hatch. NOTE: The entry list changes round by round due to 'National entries' so I've made a "Best guess" at this - As used by Sir Martin Haven of Eurosport

SEAT Cupra Championship(UK) Spotters Guide,
Last Update, May 23rd, in time for Croft. This is now on a seperate sheet to aid clarity.This will only be updated if a significant entry joins the series.

The BTCC, WTCC and SCC Spotters Guides are hosted by SEATCupra.net and are downloable HERE

DTM Spotters Guide
This will be ready for Brands and is currently Work in progress. These have come out very well, so make sure you grab a copy. This will be hosted by Fourtitude.com and as with the others, in conjunction with Ten-Tenths.

For the next day or so, its available on my site, HERE

(It will then be up on Fourtitude.com, so the link will change, although the content will not).

Any (major) errors, please drop me an email or PM, things like a small logo missing on the sill of a car doesnt count- I needed to keep the file size down!

Thanks to everyone who has helped with these. Credits appear on each guide. It is very much appreciated.

Lastly, remember, this is a free resource for Ten-Tenth and SEAT Cupra.net members. Don't abuse it by selling it on, using the images for anything else and anything marketing wise.

If you a team, driver or sponsor and want to use it (or a customised version) please send me an email. I don't bite.

Last edited by Hazard; 6 Jun 2007 at 21:07.
Old 23 May 2007, 22:26 (Ref:1919932)   #2
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great work as always Andy - thanks Splitting out the BTCC and SCC stuff has just made it better!
Old 24 May 2007, 00:46 (Ref:1919983)   #3
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
yes, we ended up cramming too much onto one sheet, with the additional entries to both series compared to 2006. This wasn't a problem on A3 or higher-end printers, but I would suspect most people would use home printers and clarity went AWOL then
Old 24 May 2007, 16:42 (Ref:1920402)   #4
Captain VXR
Racer

European Union
Bath
Captain VXR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTW I don't have acrobat but can view the BTCC one but not the WTCC one.
Can there be a JPG version of the WTCC guide please
Old 24 May 2007, 17:27 (Ref:1920447)   #5
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain VXR
BTW I don't have acrobat but can view the BTCC one but not the WTCC one.
Can there be a JPG version of the WTCC guide please
umm, so you dont have acrobat, but can view the BTCC one (and not WTCC - which works, just checked). Thats weird. Its password protected so teams dont nick my art (sadly I've seen three or four sponsorship proposals including a Manufacture, where people have extracted the line art).

If there is interest, I might do a JPEG version. Anyone else?
Old 24 May 2007, 17:50 (Ref:1920459)   #6
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Andy, didn't you do a temp jpg of the first version of this year's BTCC guide? Maybe Capt VXR is looking at that.

Capt, why not just install Acrobat reader, it's a free download.
Old 24 May 2007, 18:18 (Ref:1920478)   #7
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
try Foxit Reader .. for me it's much better than Acrobat Reader ..

Foxit Reader 2.0 is a free PDF document viewer and printer, with incredible small size (only 1.5 M download size), breezing-fast launch speed and amazingly rich feature set. Foxit Reader 2.0 supports Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/2003/Vista. Its core function is compatible with PDF Standard 1.6.
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

Ciao Marco
Old 25 May 2007, 16:10 (Ref:1921127)   #8
Captain VXR
Racer

European Union
Bath
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Andy, didn't you do a temp jpg of the first version of this year's BTCC guide? Maybe Capt VXR is looking at that.

Capt, why not just install Acrobat reader, it's a free download.
I have acrobat reader and I've seen both the first and latest ones of the BTCC

Last edited by Captain VXR; 25 May 2007 at 16:13.
Old 25 May 2007, 16:17 (Ref:1921130)   #9
Captain VXR
Racer

European Union
Bath
Works in Foxit
Old 31 May 2007, 09:09 (Ref:1925275)   #10
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
OK Guys and girls an update (here, not on the Spotters Guides!)

BTCC - Rick Kerry is missing Oulton Park. The livery of the Black Lexi(!) will change as Monty's Millions did a runner!!! No idea if it will revert to the original scheme (which I believe is underneath the Black sticker) or stay with Black.

FYI: DTM is ready, just waiitng for Fouritude.com to get back to me
Old 2 Jun 2007, 14:37 (Ref:1926895)   #11
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Do you mean Croft with Rick Kerry, says he'll be back at Oulton.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 13:04 (Ref:1930236)   #12
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Dtm Guide Now Available As Download

NEW

DTM Spotters Guide
This will be ready for Brands and is currently Work in progress. These have come out very well, so make sure you grab a copy. This will be hosted by Fourtitude.com and as with the others, in conjunction with Ten-Tenths.

For the next day or so, its available on my site, HERE

(It will then be up on Fourtitude.com, so the link will change, although the content will not).

Thanks to everyone who has helped with these. Credits appear on each guide. It is very much appreciated.

Lastly, remember, this is a free resource for Ten-Tenth and SEAT Cupra.net members. Don't abuse it by selling it on, using the images for anything else and anything marketing wise.

If you a team, driver or sponsor and want to use it (or a customised version) please send me an email. I don't bite.

Last edited by andy_b; 6 Jun 2007 at 13:12.
Old 7 Jun 2007, 12:34 (Ref:1931173)   #13
Julio
Racer

United Kingdom
Julio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow thanks again Andy. Your hard work is much appreciated. I love this kind of stuff. Any other series in the pipeline by the way?
Old 7 Jun 2007, 17:26 (Ref:1931400)   #14
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
not sure. I was planning on a champ car one, but havent really got around to it and now its June, so probably give that a miss. These take quite a while to complete, so have to juggle work a little now and then.

For those who need a JPEG version of the Spotters Guides, then I have placed them here http://andyblackmoredesign.deviantart.com/ Please note, these will not be updated during the season (unless I remember). This may help those will lower quality printers (as the minimum stroke of a line on a pdf can be a little thick)
Old 7 Jun 2007, 18:37 (Ref:1931445)   #15
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
not sure. I was planning on a champ car one, but havent really got around to it and now its June, so probably give that a miss. These take quite a while to complete, so have to juggle work a little now and then.

For those who need a JPEG version of the Spotters Guides, then I have placed them here http://andyblackmoredesign.deviantart.com/ Please note, these will not be updated during the season (unless I remember). This may help those will lower quality printers (as the minimum stroke of a line on a pdf can be a little thick)
I'd think a GT3 guide would be ideal. Same cars over and over, 3 car teams that have to have the same livery so only coloured strips etc. seperate, and 40+ cars making it hard enough to spot anyone!
Old 26 Jun 2007, 23:39 (Ref:1947705)   #16
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Hi all

I havent forgotten about these. I've been very busy with some other projects, but I do plan some updates soon.

Nothing major has changed, other than another livery for the Alfas. Boardman racing in the SCC and a couple of entries come and gone in the WTCC.
Old 6 Jul 2007, 13:08 (Ref:1956151)   #17
Fulvio
Rookie

Italy
Rovigo (Italy)
Fulvio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the Wtcc Spotter Guide there's a mistake in Nicola Larini's name... you're missing an "i"

Great work, by the way

EDIT: Maurizio Ceresoli's name is bad spelled too...

Last edited by Fulvio; 6 Jul 2007 at 13:13.
Old 26 Jul 2007, 15:26 (Ref:1974092)   #18
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Hi Guys n Girls

Just wanted to apologise for the lack of updates with these recently. I have a couple of big freelance projects, my own day job is eating up hours and I'm about to move house.

Rest assured, that as soon as I get time, in August, I will do an update. All the sheets need small changes including the errors Fulvio noted .

rant on
Lastly, please dont try and use my imagery for your own gain. I have been made aware of two drivers and at least one sponsorship proposal who have used and modify my art (badly!) for their own sponsorship proposals/marketing using the these sheets. Its not big and its not clever. This is a free resource as a Spotters Guide for 10-10thers. Dont put it at risk. As you can imagine, each one has taken hours to do.

If you want to use an image, then just email me (as a few have done) and I can help you out. I dont bite.
rant over

Last edited by andy_b; 26 Jul 2007 at 15:28.
Old 10 Oct 2007, 18:37 (Ref:2037082)   #19
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I take it there will not be a final BTCC version for Thruxton?
Old 10 Oct 2007, 19:53 (Ref:2037176)   #20
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
i am afraid not. Sorry, paying work has taken priority and hopefully, fingers and toes crossed, you'll see why next year

Spotters Guides will return for 2008. BTCC and WTCC for sure. Not so sure about the SEAT Cupra's or DTM. They take quite a long time to create