Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Aug 2001, 13:10 (Ref:136460)   #1
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Those pesky Mulsanne chicanes

Will they ever go?

I hope so. They should at lest remove the second one to partially restore the kink.

However i feel as though it would have been done by now if ever and it seems as though we will never again see the real thrill of motor racing... speed.

I for one would like to see the 'hump' restored as well as the dunlop and mulsanne chicanes removed. This would distinguish the men from the boys.
Old 27 Aug 2001, 15:08 (Ref:136528)   #2
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would love to see them gone as well- but I don't think it will ever happen, can you imagine what kind of speeds the cars would be doing before the braking zone, it would require the removal of a large roundabout and a few buildings to create the required run-off area!
The best place at Le Mans to see the cars at speed is the straight between Mulsanne Corner and Indianapolis- the road to the corner viewpoint takes you alongside this bit- great in the small hours of Sunday morning, although I still love the view from the windows of the Chinese!
Old 28 Aug 2001, 04:55 (Ref:136888)   #3
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If i had my way the chicanes on mulsane would be gone, the hump would be high again and the chicane before the Dunlop bridge would be discarded, and at Bathurst the Caltex Chase would be eliminated, and the old Brno used again, and the old Nurburgring used more often, but unfortunatly the safetyosts for the circuit are too high. I do feel though that if cars in the 1970s could race down the whole straight, then in 2000 with safety in the cars the way it is we should be able to do it no problem, unless you drive a Mercedes Benz CLR