London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't say hate, but he is a prat
Old 23 May 2001, 17:51 (Ref:95610)   #3
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I'd have to say a *******...it's the Ralf loyalty making me say it.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 23 May 2001, 17:54 (Ref:95612)   #4
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Rubens Barrichello

Quote:
Originally posted by LucaBadoer
I hate Rubens. Do you?
NO!
Old 23 May 2001, 18:00 (Ref:95615)   #5
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's a nice guy, a litle too nice, It would be very easy to "suddenly" have radio problems in austria(sorry Jean, I did'nt hear that, what did you say??)
Old 23 May 2001, 18:14 (Ref:95625)   #6
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No... why ?, because Luca stays one more year as a tester ?.

If this is the point..., You have to say:
I hate Montezemolo !!!
Old 23 May 2001, 18:45 (Ref:95641)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens seems to be a kind, good-hearted, simple and honourable man, and how you can say you "hate" him if you've never met him is beyond me.

I don't even hate TGF, although with some encouragement it could happen. All I know about most of them is what I read and see on television.... and what I pick up in Pitlane Gossip of course.
Old 23 May 2001, 19:45 (Ref:95668)   #8
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
What is the title of this thread Liz?

What has TGF got to do with it???????
Old 23 May 2001, 20:04 (Ref:95674)   #9
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There might be some link through the team they drive for, Jersound, although that might be just gossip.
Old 23 May 2001, 20:50 (Ref:95691)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He is only mentioned as an example. Take him out if his presence disturbs you.

Professing "hate" for someone that you don't even know and have never met is a bit disingenuous, don't you think?
Old 23 May 2001, 22:33 (Ref:95730)   #11
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just want to state I put D).
Old 23 May 2001, 23:03 (Ref:95745)   #12
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Guys...The tile of this thread is "Ruben's Barichello" So why are we talking about Michael Schumacher again..Liz mentioned TGF?? Not realy sure why..
Old 24 May 2001, 01:33 (Ref:95772)   #13
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jersound
Guys...The tile of this thread is "Ruben's Barichello" So why are we talking about Michael Schumacher again..??
Because more people profess a hatred of TGF than could ever look crosseyed at Barrichello. Though as Liz says, and I whole heartedly agree, to claim to "hate" some one you have never met and "know" only through what is written about them is disingenuous.

For those of us not well versed in British slang, Qu'est-ce que c'est une "prat"?
Old 24 May 2001, 02:09 (Ref:95780)   #14
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know EERO, Noilly Prat is the best vermouth made. Either that or Prat is Brit for Brat.

If you use the word "HATE" for sports figures that are competitors to your hero, LucaBadoer, what words do you have left for things like Hitler, racism or the E coli bacteria? It seems like you are wasting one of your strongest emotions and misspending your emotional currency.
Old 24 May 2001, 05:18 (Ref:95806)   #15
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, being a Ralf fan, it would be easy for me to hate Rubens because of the incidences with Ralf early on in the season. But, quite honestly, I don't see much point in holding a grudge over a few mistakes that he made, because that's all they were, mistakes, and I think we should all just move on and not condemn the man for life over a couple of incidences(and I don't want to hear a load of **** about how I'm being a hypocrite for forgiving Rubens but disliking TGF for the things he has done. Because there is a difference between INTENTIONALLY ramming someone off the track, and ACCIDENTALLY hitting someone). I'm not saying that these are the reasons you hate him, I'm just giving you my personal point of veiw.

He does seem like a nice person, and he's a decent driver(although not the best), and he does seem very loyal to his team(see Austrian GP). If I were in his position I probably would have told Jean Todt to stuff his team orders where the sun don't shine.

Last edited by Raoul Duke; 24 May 2001 at 05:20.
Old 24 May 2001, 05:26 (Ref:95809)   #16
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz

Professing "hate" for someone that you don't even know and have never met is a bit disingenuous, don't you think?
I fully agree with Liz. Even though I have said that I "hate" TGF, in the past. It's only a figure of speech. I dislike him, maybe. And I certainly disaproove of his tactics. But to say that I hate him(or anyone for that matter) would be a bit farfetched. I really don't see how anyone can justify "hating" someone that they have never met or never spoken to. There's more to a person then the camera shows.
Old 24 May 2001, 09:26 (Ref:95867)   #17
harrap
Rookie

harrap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I ticked a jolly nice chap because I think he is actually a very underrated driver, I think LucaBadoer that you're just jealous of the fact Ferrari obviously prefer Rubino to Badoer and it looks like he is going to stay that way, I can't see Ferrari getting rid of Barrichello either so it looks like Badoer best chance to get a drive at Ferrari will be when Schumi retires
Old 24 May 2001, 09:35 (Ref:95871)   #18
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Hate" Rubinho?

No possible way. He's an excellent driver -- and a good soldier.
Old 24 May 2001, 11:08 (Ref:95906)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well I think he's a prat. (No surprise there then)

Why?

Because he had the gall to suggest he would be treated equally at Ferrari and expect me to believe him. (I think you all know that I didn't)

He burst into tears when he won his first race. (Now there was a discussion).

He promised so much and in my opinion has never delivered.

He's a nice bloke, always smiling and that has done him no good whatsoever. (Bet that surprises you Liz).

He's probably morally right in all he does. He may even be the nicest person one could wish to meet (and I'd certainly like to meet him).

But as a driver, he's still a prat.
Old 24 May 2001, 11:15 (Ref:95914)   #20
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
After the 'Brazil' incident, I must admit to being quite peeved with him. But you can't hate a driver just because the driver you support lacks the talent to get a REAL drive. Thats like an Aussie hating Fisi or Button-nose.

I will admit, however, to lately developing a strong dislike to "Luca's" fans.

LucaBadoer, I noticed your cowardness in not stating your reasons (which will be easily dismissed I suspect) for HATING him.

BTW, IMHO this is a bait thread and should be deleted
Old 24 May 2001, 11:23 (Ref:95918)   #21
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Rubens seems to be a kind, good-hearted, simple and honourable man, and how you can say you "hate" him if you've never met him is beyond me.

But I'd gladdly put a bomb under TGF, although with some encouragement it could happen.
I agree Liz,

Rubens has been a bit slack of late, but otherwise he has been doing us all a public service of ridding the track of the undeserving.
Old 24 May 2001, 11:23 (Ref:95919)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, maybe we could redefine "hate" as dislike. As to a bait thread, I think its just a bit of fun.
Old 24 May 2001, 11:37 (Ref:95932)   #23
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There may be something wrong with my sense of humour, but I fail to see the "fun" aspect here.

I agree with Wrex.
Old 24 May 2001, 11:40 (Ref:95934)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well,

If you are a Rubens fan then maybe you could take offence. But surely this is no different to "dissing" Button, TGF, Mansell (as happened regularly), Hill or anyone else?
Old 24 May 2001, 11:47 (Ref:95939)   #25
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Peter, don't get me wrong, I am FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from being a Rubins fan. But I will defend against any driver TGF, Rubins or anyone who opens a thread with
Quote:
I hate Rubens. Do you?