Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Aug 2019, 13:42 (Ref:3921816)   #1776
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
McLaren are definitely competing at a high level with their fan engagement, that's for sure...

Logan's cardboard box
Old 7 Aug 2019, 14:11 (Ref:3921817)   #1777
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
looks fast!

only a matter of time before Alonso inquires about the availability of this kids cardboard race seat then!
Old 7 Aug 2019, 15:40 (Ref:3921826)   #1778
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
McLaren are definitely competing at a high level with their fan engagement, that's for sure...

Logan's cardboard box

Wonderful. Well done McLaren.
Old 7 Aug 2019, 15:51 (Ref:3921827)   #1779
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Agree. I’ve somehow been a Macca ‘fan’ since they did the ‘Tooned’ animations and IMO their stuff is very good. Only annoying thing is that every time they have a factory visit competition I seem to be away on that date. One day......
Old 7 Aug 2019, 16:11 (Ref:3921830)   #1780
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post

Logan's cardboard box
Looks awesome.
Old 8 Aug 2019, 18:30 (Ref:3921976)   #1781
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Great. Reminds me of when we made a Damon Hill Williams out of cardboard boxes
Old 9 Aug 2019, 01:43 (Ref:3922010)   #1782
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We need a photo of that.
Old 9 Aug 2019, 06:53 (Ref:3922034)   #1783
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Great. Reminds me of when we made a Damon Hill Williams out of cardboard boxes
I know it was said at the time that he lacked the personality of his Father but to say a copy could be made of him out of cardboard...
Old 9 Aug 2019, 07:47 (Ref:3922037)   #1784
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I remember we had a photo of it at the time. Not sure if I still have it
Old 27 Sep 2019, 15:53 (Ref:3930433)   #1785
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It looks like McLaren will go back to using Mercedes engines in 2021.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/146266
Old 27 Sep 2019, 15:59 (Ref:3930435)   #1786
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent news and a great hedge against the possibility of Merc leaving.

Plus i would very much like to see Ham sandwich return to finish out his career with Mclaren. Maybe even take a title or two for them on his way out the door.
Old 27 Sep 2019, 20:35 (Ref:3930475)   #1787
S griffin
Veteran

Coming full circle. However they won’t be the main Mercedes team like the good old days
Old 28 Sep 2019, 02:12 (Ref:3930516)   #1788
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post

Merc building the FOCA voting block for any engine regulation change democracy that might break out?

If the FIA allow this to happen they are going to cause themselves a lot of heartache.

Last edited by wnut; 28 Sep 2019 at 02:22.
Old 28 Sep 2019, 03:27 (Ref:3930520)   #1789
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zak....Alonso's on the phone.
Old 28 Sep 2019, 09:33 (Ref:3930546)   #1790
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Mr Saward broke it early, and the mob wrote it as speculation thereafter

Mercedes, McLaren, Racing Point, Williams... wonder if McLaren will take the Mercedes gearbox?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 29 Sep 2019, 09:12 (Ref:3930719)   #1791
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
To my mind ,the real question to be asked is whether this link with McLaren is a contingency move in case the Daimler-Benz board decides to reduce expenditure and pull out the factory team. It would either keep the same number of engines in circulation with no factory team or increase the proportion of Mercedes powered cars on the grid if they stay.The first leads to a reduction in expediture,beyond that of the cost cap,and the second option costs very little or even makes a small profit.

I do find it a little amusing that they have made the switch at about the same time as Ferrari and Red Bull are threatening the dominant Mercedes position.All it would need now is "Hey Andreas-Fernando's on the phone" to really indicate a dodgy choice.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 10:19 (Ref:3930727)   #1792
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Have there been any hints, that the Mercedes factory team is contemplating leaving F1?
Old 29 Sep 2019, 10:22 (Ref:3930729)   #1793
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Have there been any hints, that the Mercedes factory team is contemplating leaving F1?

I don't believe there have been such hints.Neither have there been guarantees that they will stay after their current contract with FOM expires.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 11:25 (Ref:3930741)   #1794
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Watching the Mclarens mix it up early with the Mercs lends itself to the question of where the Mclarens would be if they had Merc engines this year!
Old 29 Sep 2019, 18:32 (Ref:3930915)   #1795
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Good day for Mclaren looks like they will finish 4th this year a massive improvement over the last few years
Old 3 Oct 2019, 19:58 (Ref:3931776)   #1796
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Wouldn't this be more of a hint that Renault may be doubtful to be around much longer?
Old 3 Oct 2019, 23:32 (Ref:3931803)   #1797
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Wouldn't this be more of a hint that Renault may be doubtful to be around much longer?
I suppose it's possible. They haven't exactly had a stellar time of it, since they returned to F1 as a factory team and now McLaren are giving Renault a good run for their money.
Old 18 Oct 2019, 13:41 (Ref:3935430)   #1798
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
McLaren's 5 year deal with Petrobras is coming to a very sudden end.

https://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/146660
Old 18 Oct 2019, 16:15 (Ref:3935467)   #1799
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
so the Brazilian President gets to make a nice public headline about saving his people money while MClaren will no doubt receive a healthy (but secret) pay out for the early termination.

then they get to use Total (or is it BP now?) for their Renault power plant next year and presumably will have a deal with Petronas to go along with their Merc PU in 2021.

things are coming up Mclaren and i love it!
Old 19 Oct 2019, 09:43 (Ref:3935599)   #1800
S griffin
Veteran

This might be a blessing in disguise for them. They may get someone like Total now