Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 1 Sep 2013, 11:09 (Ref:3297027)   #1
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BBC worse thing ever

So, you get a British winner in the Moto2 race

You don't show it on the tv you only show it on the red button and you then leave the feed just before the podium and parc ferme!

What an utter pile of chuff

Great race from Scott, utterly humiliating Espagawaotsit!
Old 1 Sep 2013, 14:10 (Ref:3297076)   #2
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But are you surprised? They treat MotoGP with contempt - while I don't agree with it going to BTSport - they will at least cover it properly.

Red button, BBC3/4, Delayed - just not good enough. Would they treat F1 similarly???
Old 1 Sep 2013, 16:37 (Ref:3297171)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They rarely delay as I recall, but to just move onto the live broadcast without realising that the red button feed was not finished as very poor, especially when a Brit had won the race,

I will never subscribe to BT Sport, I totally disagree with that decision, in particular the decision to not allow ANYONE to have highlights, that is a pathetic decision
Old 1 Sep 2013, 18:49 (Ref:3297314)   #4
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't normally watch any TV but happened to catch some of this today - though not the main live feeds for the races - just endless minutes of talking heads. Did watch the MotoGP3 on the Red button. Good race but .... coverage not really great and commentary so-so, IMHO.

Not something I would wish to pay a lot of money for .... though of course being BBC I do anyway. I'm sure Radio LeMans, with pictures (TV LeMans?) would do it better.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 10:15 (Ref:3297721)   #5
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I will never subscribe to BT Sport, I totally disagree with that decision, in particular the decision to not allow ANYONE to have highlights, that is a pathetic decision
That's a bit strong.

There was obviously some thought behind it and they believe it will work.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 11:32 (Ref:3297746)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Why is it strong?

there isnt a monopoly now, so why has there to be in the future? Surely the more people able to watch the sport the better, but this would probably be part of BT's deal that it would only be shown there as the only reason they want it is to increase their broadband and phone deals, not coz they want bike fans to watch BT.

It is largely not BT s fault, it is Dornas fault for allowing them to have a monopoly. And for 10 million over 3 years to allowonly one company to show it seems shortsighted to me

But we will see
Old 2 Sep 2013, 13:20 (Ref:3297785)   #7
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
if you already have BT broadband or Infinity it's FREE which is a lot better than gazillions a year for Sky. I don't see a problem, I'm an Infinity customer.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 13:50 (Ref:3297794)   #8
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
if you already have BT broadband or Infinity it's FREE which is a lot better than gazillions a year for Sky. I don't see a problem, I'm an Infinity customer.
I don't know what the beef with BT is from so many people in the UK. We all need broadband in this day and age and if you go with BT you get their Sports channel thrown in for free. It gives you premiership matches, rugby and motogp...what's the issue?

At the minute I'm paying 50 quid for broadband and 100 quid for SKY each month. We recently decided to cancel our SKY subscription because, quite frankly, it's crap. It's too expensive for what you get for it and I don't like their F1 coverage and I havent been able to watch enough football matches so we decided to spend 7 quid on Netflix and 16 on Setanta which gives us ESPN, Setanta and BT Sports.

Obviously it's a bit different in the UK than in Ireland but the product is good from BT Sport and seeing as it's free with broadband why is everyone kicking up such a fuss? We'd all love to see MotoGP given prime slots and having loads of money thrown at their coverage on a terestrial broadcaster that would show all three races but it's not going to happen.

The other alternative is to pay 100 for Dorna's online package which gives all sessions and loads of decent content...but you'd need broadband for that too...
Old 2 Sep 2013, 14:01 (Ref:3297797)   #9
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
BY the way I'm not having a go at Chunder with that post, just at Silverstone I was chatting to a load of people at the track and the BT deal kept coming up as something that they were raging about. Personally I would have been more upset about the fiasco of getting out of Silverstone yesterday! Absolute joke, took us the guts of four and a half hours to get to the outskirts of London
Old 2 Sep 2013, 14:46 (Ref:3297818)   #10
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Don't worry, it was the same when the Sky deal was announced for F1. People seemed to regard it as a basic human right to be able to watch it all live on FTA TV.

You pays your money, you take your choice.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 17:24 (Ref:3297919)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
That's just it

Moto GP is hardly front line sport like football, rugby or F1 no is it?

It is hardly going to pull in tens of thousands of customers

And like always the smug people are the ones that already have BT, try talking to those fans that are unable to get it where they live (quite a few allegedly) or who have been with BT before and would never go back!

I can understand some the money and choice statement, (not really a debate) but when the only option you have is choose BT or don't watch something I feel a little annoyed.

You can watch F1 on BBC, you can see football highlights elsewhere as you can with rugby, my beef is with the fact that Ezpeleta didn't offer anyone a highlights deal as far as we know, and why is that you ask?

Coz it costs about 100 quid a year to subscrive to his own channel, motogp.com to listen to the cretinous Nick Harris and Gavin (I am sure there is a problem ) Emmet. And most of the interviews in Spanish

Err I think I would rather watch on some naff p2p site thanks

Oh and give over with the free thing, it is only free for the first year, after that you will ALL pay for BT sport.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 17:40 (Ref:3297929)   #12
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
But are you surprised? They treat MotoGP with contempt - while I don't agree with it going to BTSport - they will at least cover it properly.
Really? Will they show the Free Practice Sessions and Qualifying?
Old 2 Sep 2013, 19:02 (Ref:3297974)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Yes they will apparently

But probably online I bet unless they are short of slots on their channels
Old 2 Sep 2013, 21:38 (Ref:3298077)   #14
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Yes they will apparently

But probably online I bet unless they are short of slots on their channels
what's wrong with online, especially since gizmos to push from PC to TV screen are cheap now.
Do you have an aversion to all change?
Old 3 Sep 2013, 06:17 (Ref:3298189)   #15
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Well lets be serious for a moment, if you are going to watrch BT online it isnt going to be cheap is it if you dont have BT? That is the point, right now I can watch GP on their channel, Eurosport or BBC.

From next year only their channel or BT Sport.

I do like online when it works, but as I reiterate after 15 emails and complaints my Eurosport PLayer still doesnt work despite me paying 30 odd quid up front and ot working until they changed the software, now it doesnt work and they are doing nothing about fixing it!

So I hardly have much faith in this stuff after that experience!
Old 3 Sep 2013, 09:05 (Ref:3298251)   #16
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I do like online when it works, but as I reiterate after 15 emails and complaints my Eurosport PLayer still doesnt work despite me paying 30 odd quid up front and ot working until they changed the software, now it doesnt work and they are doing nothing about fixing it!
Eurosport player works for me, on desktop, netbook & TV! The only problem I have is that I have use Internet Explorer as Silverlight keeps crashing in Firefox.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 11:56 (Ref:3298297)   #17
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Interesting Dave

I had that issue wth the older version, I couldnt use it on Chrome one minute but on Ie, then the other way round

Since they upgraded the software around 2 months back it hasnt worked on any browser, all I get is the little circle waiting icon reading 100% and no picture

I cant count how many times I have emailed them but they never fix it, bit poor considering I ahve paid up for the year and it hasnt worked since June
Old 8 Sep 2013, 08:41 (Ref:3300418)   #18
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Oh and give over with the free thing, it is only free for the first year, after that you will ALL pay for BT sport.
That's not true.
BT Sport will be free for BT broadband customers for as long as they keep renewing their BT broadband contract. The only charge for BT broadband customers will be for HD, which was free if you signed up before the end of July, and is now just £3.

It's not like Eurosport is free: You have to pay Sky at least £27 a month for a package including Eurosport.
Old 8 Sep 2013, 13:45 (Ref:3300485)   #19
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Either way, I wont be buying it and nothing is free! You will end up paying eventually, even if you are a BT customer

Eurosport player costs 30 quid for the year, I don't have a tv so that's the only way I can watch it.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 20:17 (Ref:3317384)   #20
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any ideas on BT Sport commentators next year? Im hoping Cox wont get anywhere near it, obviously cos he is a c**t. Im pretty sure Gavin & Nick will stay with the Moto GP World feed, which is a shame to lose them as they do the M3&M2 red button commentary. Jules on Moto GP is an institution who I would like to see transfer, but personally Id like Steve Day to partner him because his passion is bikes which comes though, and hes not a secret lover of cars like Moody, who failed horribly at BTCC when he got his big chance. Plus I get the feeling Moody actually thinks as himself as part of the show, the attraction and forgets its about the bikes and riders. Jules is more old school, like Murray was in a way, who understands they are just their to guide our interest in the racing motorcycles.
Old 21 Oct 2013, 16:15 (Ref:3321132)   #21
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I found this the other day, video from the changeover from Channel 9 to 10 in Aus at the end of the 1996 season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlNamouIDdQ

I still miss Barry Sheene and I'm not really holding out hope on Gavin/Nick from the world feed coming out with lines like "why can't they build a decent circuit?".
Old 21 Oct 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3321266)   #22
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Sadly I wont be able to watch MotoGP ona decent quality from next year as it is only being shown on BT Sport in the UK.

But if I could vote for a pair it would be Huewen and Ryder, they were quickfire, funny and Keith could see things just as I find myself doing, before the blokes who are being paid to do it!

I would have those two commentating, and Charlie Hiscock in the pits as he is superb, and seems able to put the riders at ease, thereby getting through the PR rubbish and asking very good, intelligent questions. More so than anyone on ITV, eurosport or BBC does or has.

Mamola was good coz he had access and was able to get to the people and ask the best questions, though his vocab was poor, he was a fan and got some good stuff.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 01:47 (Ref:3321973)   #23
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Keith & Julian where great when we used to get them on the wsbk feed. Nick Harris annoys me, bit like Murray Walker used too, always 5 seconds behind what has happened & usually having to be corrected! Same as Jonathan Green...
Old 23 Oct 2013, 09:17 (Ref:3322076)   #24
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Same as Jonathan Green...
Nobody's the same as Jonathan Green . . .

. . . for which we must be eternally grateful!

By far the best commentary team at the moment, in my opinion, is Jack Burnicle & Jamie Whitham, who do the BSB commentary on Eurosport.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 10:24 (Ref:3322095)   #25
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, they are good