Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 29 Mar 2002, 15:05 (Ref:246589)   #1
CA Racetramp
Racer

CA Racetramp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who's Got The Scoop On Jeffie-poo

I've been out of the loop for awhile. I want to know what happened between Jeffie-poo and Brookie. Was he cheating? No, not in his car. That's a proven fact. If you can post the dirt, do it. Otherwise eMail me with a link.
Old 30 Mar 2002, 05:11 (Ref:247131)   #2
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Ax Slinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here ya go...
Old 30 Mar 2002, 15:20 (Ref:247398)   #3
CA Racetramp
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim B
Here ya go...
OK, I'm waiting Tim. Send me the juice. I gotta pass it on to Mrs. Racetramp. She might dump him if the rumors I am hearing are true. Need to know before the CA 500. One less Jeffy-poo fan sitting by me would be just great.:confused:
Old 30 Mar 2002, 15:22 (Ref:247402)   #4
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
RaceFanStan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brooke called it quits

The gordon's are requesting privacy and aren't talking.
People are speculating but that is all it is.
Gossip and Rumors are all we hear or see.
I don't want to repeat either, I like "Just the Facts".
The fact is Brooke filed for divorce and that is all we know.
I read an article but I can't find it now, it showed how much jeff loved brooke.
We don't know all the facts, maybe jeff was cheating, maybe brooke is cold as ice.
We just don't know and may never know.

Last edited by Stan_MarlinMan; 30 Mar 2002 at 15:28.
Old 30 Mar 2002, 15:38 (Ref:247411)   #5
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
I found the article

It won't have the answers you want Racetramp, a good article anyway.

http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/2898978.htm

Last edited by Stan_MarlinMan; 30 Mar 2002 at 15:40.
Old 31 Mar 2002, 01:59 (Ref:247765)   #6
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
I take it you didn't get the joke then, Tramp. That "Here ya go..." and nothing else was supposed to signify that there is nothing to tell. As Stan said, nobody really knows what this is all about except them, and the Gordons ain't talking. All anyone can do is speculate.

Under Florida Family Law, "Marital Misconduct" can mean just about anything. It has been reported that "marital misconduct is defined legally as any conduct that undermines the marital relationship or behavior that forces one spouse to assume extra burdens in a marriage" (That's Racin').

Which could simply mean Jeff is never home, or that when he is home he's too tired from his hectic schedule to spend any "quality time" with her, or maybe Brooke is tired of living in a $250,000.00 RV instead of one of those multi-million dollar homes they have. She could have given Jeff a choice, her or NASCAR, and he chose NASCAR. But as Stan pointed out, we just don't know, and most likely never will since it is a private matter that nobody is talking about.

Now I know you want some dirt on Jeffie, and I hate to burst yer bubble, but there just isn't anything to tell until the divorce is final, and then only if the divorce decree is made public. And I wouldn't count on that either. So you'll just have to keep on disliking him because he's successful like all of his other non-fans.
Old 31 Mar 2002, 02:22 (Ref:247784)   #7
The Beer Baron
Veteran

The Beer Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i thought I read somewhere it was his womanising that got him in trouble!
Old 31 Mar 2002, 03:51 (Ref:247813)   #8
CA Racetramp
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by The Beer Baron
i thought I read somewhere it was his womanising that got him in trouble!
Oh yea, this is the kind of dirt I'm looking for.I need links.................ROFL
Old 31 Mar 2002, 03:58 (Ref:247817)   #9
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
"Marital Misconduct" may not mean cheating by Florida's definition.
Tim explained it in his post.
There is no dirt to be found.
I know because I looked real hard.
The gordons are keeping the facts to themselves and aren't talking.
Old 31 Mar 2002, 04:16 (Ref:247825)   #10
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
Here's a link

If you want to see Brooke's divorce papers that she filed in Florida,
click the link :
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/gordondiv1.shtml
Old 31 Mar 2002, 04:53 (Ref:247834)   #11
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
Lars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow...her 1st name is really Jennifer...never knew that? See, we're all learning already.
Old 31 Mar 2002, 13:56 (Ref:248044)   #12
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
If anyone is interested, here is a link to a page about the Florida Divorce Law. Florida is a "No Fault Dissolution" state, which means you don't have to specifiy anything other than residency, desired (or agreed upon) property distribution, and that the marriage is toast. But there are two ways to go about it. A simplified dissolution of marriage, and a regular dissolution of marriage. Both require going to court, but in different ways. The simplified way requires a simple "hearing", the other an actual "trial".

In a simplified dissolution of marriage, there is no trial, no appeal once it's finalized, both parties agree to the distribution of property, and neither spouse can request alimony or support from the other spouse, regardless of how much income one person has and how much the other person may need support. No alimony is allowed in a simplified dissolution of marriage because the court generally makes a determination as to the need and ability to pay alimony. The main difference between the simplified dissolution of marriage and the regular dissolution of marriage is that the petition for a simplified dissolution of marriage is a joint petition. If there is no agreement about property and other matters, the judge will conduct a trial.

They could have decided that he gets this, and she gets that. But if that were the case the petition would be filled out differently, and all the Judge would have to do is review the case, and if everyone is in agreement, sign it to make it all legal. If that link that Stan posted is legit, and those are copies of the real court documents, it would appear that Brooke is requesting a court trial and Judges decision, because the way the petition is worded implies that there is no agreement, and she has to go to court to get what she wants.

Even though she is a college graduate, and was a working model when they met, Jeff made nearly all of the money in their marriage, and with a house full of servants, she doesn't sound like much of a "homemaker", because the (day and evening) staff do everything for her. So Brooke may have a hard time with some of the laws pertaining to distribution of their property. While Florida is an equitable distribution state, if Jeff can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he is entitled to more than 50% of their holdings, he may just get it. He had already won $2.5 million by the time they got married, and I'm reasonably sure he got half of that. 50% is a pretty standard deal for drivers. Not to mention, a year after they got married he won his first Championship, and probably made about $3 million that year, and I have my serious doubts that Brooke ever made that kind of money being a model. Or that she ever will for that matter.

I find it interesting that the website I linked to says "marital misconduct is not specified as a factor in any division of property" but "adultery is a factor in the award" for alimony. This implies that "Marital Misconduct" and "Adultery" are not necessarily the same thing. Of course, we all know what adultery means...

But I think the reason Brooke has filed for a regular dissolution of marriage and subsequent court trial is because of the substantial sum of money and property involved, which I would imagine Jeff will not give up without a fight. Otherwise they would have filed a joint petition.
Old 31 Mar 2002, 14:16 (Ref:248050)   #13
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
The courts appear to lean to the women in divorce matters.

It seems that the courts want the women to have the lifestyle to which they are accustomed even after divorce.

Lets hope that jeff "used" brooke a bunch because I fear that it is really going to cost him a lot of money.

jeff made the money, the staff did all the work, all brooke could offer was companionship and sex, jeff would have been better off to have hired a prostitute, hmmmmmmmmmm, maybe he did, I doubt if he got his money's worth.
Old 31 Mar 2002, 14:25 (Ref:248058)   #14
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
The courts used to lean to the women, but not so much any more. Men can get alimony now days, if the wife makes more money than the husband. The "Mr. Mom the homemaker" types have been fairing quite well (specially in California) divorces lately.
Old 31 Mar 2002, 14:39 (Ref:248075)   #15
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
COOL !!! I'm glad to hear it Tim.

I can't help but feel that brooke wants too much, I don't like jeff but I hope he gets a break in court, brooke doesn't deserve what she is demanding. JMO
Old 31 Mar 2002, 15:18 (Ref:248102)   #16
Roselady3
Veteran

Roselady3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree Stan- I think that Brooke wants & has too much. I'm NOT a Jeffie fan either----but I feel sorry for him- as he is going to loose alot. Brooke wants her day & night staff? Whats the matter- she can't make her own coffee, or wash her own clothes? Get real Brooke- Ya can't have it all. Ya don't want Jeffie- But ya want all that his money bought for you? Come on GET REAL.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 01:07 (Ref:248558)   #17
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Yeah, we all should have it so bad, huh? Pretty soon my day and evening staff will be headed off to college... Whatever will I do then?