Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: How do you rate the Italian Grand Prix?
10 14 34.15%
9 10 24.39%
8 10 24.39%
7 4 9.76%
6 1 2.44%
5 0 0%
4 1 2.44%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:01 (Ref:4000460)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Italian Grand Prix 2020

How do you rate the Italian Grand Prix?
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:01 (Ref:4000492)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The first truly exciting race I've seen in years. 9/10
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:02 (Ref:4000494)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:03 (Ref:4000496)   #4
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
10, without a doubt. Epic.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:12 (Ref:4000506)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The red flag certainly mixed things up and for once it wasn't a predictable race. 8.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:24 (Ref:4000514)   #6
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10. That was special.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 15:28 (Ref:4000518)   #7
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Another boring opening set of laps, yawn for another Mercedes walk over.

Wait wha?
Old 6 Sep 2020, 16:26 (Ref:4000545)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
10!
Old 6 Sep 2020, 16:30 (Ref:4000548)   #9
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Overall worth watching for the various battles but it all felt a bit artificial, in some respect. I do feel there is an argument for reverse grid races, though
Old 6 Sep 2020, 18:08 (Ref:4000565)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Best race for ages, gave it 9, would have been 10 if Williams had scored a point
Old 6 Sep 2020, 19:22 (Ref:4000593)   #11
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I don't think i've ever given an F1 race a 10!!

But hard to argue it could be rated anything less.

Perhaps i'm not quite as cynical as I thought.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 19:31 (Ref:4000595)   #12
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
9,5 it was great. I don't mind the boring races making bulk of the seasons as long as we get bizarre gems like these every once in a while, it only makes them stand out more. And even the boring races, at least they come out fairly naturally and not scripted, so it's fine
Old 6 Sep 2020, 20:45 (Ref:4000608)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!

I never give a 10.

11 then.

What a fantastic race for us the viewers and for F1 itself. Although I feel a smidge of sympathy for Hamilton, it is quickly buried by Gasly's joyous win and celebrations. Truly heartwarming.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 21:04 (Ref:4000618)   #14
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
9. Awesome. We knew that questionable pit lane signage combined could create such fun?
Old 6 Sep 2020, 21:06 (Ref:4000619)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well it appears i was not the only one to enjoy that race, not sure i have ever seen a rate this race with universal high scores, there is hope for F1
Old 6 Sep 2020, 21:46 (Ref:4000623)   #16
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
7. That’s 9 for the race, -1 for the safety car and -1 for pushing the car 200m down the pitlane instead of 10m back behind the barrier.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 22:01 (Ref:4000631)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
7. That’s 9 for the race, -1 for the safety car and -1 for pushing the car 200m down the pitlane instead of 10m back behind the barrier.
🤣🤣🤣
Like that!!
Old 6 Sep 2020, 22:03 (Ref:4000632)   #18
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Gave it a 9, due to the red flag and MB mistake being the root cause of the fantastic 2nd half but it feels like I was a little harsh too.

Sensational, simply sensational.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 22:11 (Ref:4000636)   #19
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Il give it a 9.....10 in terms of the result, but I deduct a point because apart from Hamilton’s climb through the field there wasn’t much overtaking.....
Old 6 Sep 2020, 22:14 (Ref:4000639)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Il give it a 9.....10 in terms of the result, but I deduct a point because apart from Hamilton’s climb through the field there wasn’t much overtaking.....
Yeah funny that...

Sainz, Norris, Ricciardo, Leclerc heck even little Lance were at it today! All of them pulled some top moves.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 22:17 (Ref:4000642)   #21
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Yeah funny that...

Sainz, Norris, Ricciardo, Leclerc heck even little Lance were at it today! All of them pulled some top moves.
...but one big DRS train. First few laps there was some good moves, but in terms of a Monza race there wasn’t as much as usual

Still, can hardly complain
Old 6 Sep 2020, 23:28 (Ref:4000649)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well it appears i was not the only one to enjoy that race, not sure i have ever seen a rate this race with universal high scores, there is hope for F1
But most of the things that make F1 terrible were still there. It seems a surprise race result after something that artificially mixes it up is all we need.

Perhaps we should all watch wrestling?

Old 7 Sep 2020, 02:28 (Ref:4000657)   #23
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I gave it a 7. The mixing up of results was good but I thought the red flag rules made it lose a couple of points.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 03:02 (Ref:4000661)   #24
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to give it a 10. Damn great race. Very enjoyable, even enjoyed Lewis carving through the field after his penalty.
Old 7 Sep 2020, 05:12 (Ref:4000669)   #25
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The only thing stopping a 10 was the runaway at the front before the red flag.Fantastic race.