Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Sep 2020, 18:28 (Ref:4001207)   #276
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Chris Rea's 'La Passione'
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
The Road To Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Money for Nothing
Go Your Own Way

this thread really needs to become the Vettee's Ultimate Breakup Jams playlist!
Old 9 Sep 2020, 18:56 (Ref:4001214)   #277
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I heard someone describe it as a buckle?
Ah, makes sense. Some seat belts must have a buckle that releases all of the belts. It is about the same size as a tape measure. Mine release four of the belts, but stay attached to the bottom ones. Good job as I would be forever losing it!
Old 9 Sep 2020, 19:34 (Ref:4001230)   #278
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Not sure whether this is better suited to this thread or the Williams thread but tripped over this well-done piece on Claire Williams' last day at Monza.

Nothing lasts forever and it's certainly the end of an era for a team that has always been a bit special, just pure Racers.

Enjoy the clip and all the best to Claire, Frank and the Williams family.

Last edited by Tourer; 9 Sep 2020 at 19:40.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 19:37 (Ref:4001232)   #279
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Not sure whether this is better suited to this thread or the Williams thread but tripped over this lovely piece on the Formula 1 YouTube channel on Claire Williams' last day at Monza.

Nothing lasts forever and it's certainly the end of an era for a team that has always been a bit special, just pure Racers.

think we just found the real vettee...you linked the james bond theme there which i am assuming is from your breakup playlist!

best rick roll ever!
Old 9 Sep 2020, 19:41 (Ref:4001234)   #280
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
think we just found the real vettee...you linked the james bond theme there which i am assuming is from your breakup playlist!

best rick roll ever!
Dagnabit! Fixed the original link, still in the time-window to do the edit - thanks chilli.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 20:13 (Ref:4001243)   #281
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
To be fair, no one took me up on the question of whether the dnf's were better for ferrari than actually finishing in 12th or 14th or wherever, completing the race
I think finishing the race would not have been too bad.
Just imagine that the accident did not happen to Leclerc but to someone else.
Just by finishing the race a Ferrari could still have ended inside the top 10.

After all, we had a Williams finish 11th and the Ferrari is just slightly better at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Or the cool tifosi storyline of their new driver finishing 2and.
I am quite sure Sainz would have gotten a lot of cheers from the tifosi.
IIRC they did that for Porst too back in 1989 the year before he joined Ferrari.

Let's hope for Carlos that he can get on a real podium soon.
In Brazil last year he didn't even get on the podium, and now there was no-one to celebrate it with him. Poor guy.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 22:10 (Ref:4001285)   #282
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I really feel for Sainz knowing what Ferrari has in store for him next year.
I just hope he doesn't become the new Villeneuve, or Alonso, before even getting one WDC.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 9 Sep 2020 at 22:17.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 23:49 (Ref:4001293)   #283
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Not sure whether this is better suited to this thread or the Williams thread but tripped over this well-done piece on Claire Williams' last day at Monza.

Thanks for sharing. I missed this earlier. A very nice video and send off. Both some tears and some funny moments.

Richard
Old 10 Sep 2020, 05:31 (Ref:4001324)   #284
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
As for Leclerc, iirc it was cold tyres.

Now that is an excuse, after six laps on the new tyres they were cold!
Old 10 Sep 2020, 06:49 (Ref:4001334)   #285
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Thanks for sharing the link, what a lovely tribute but I don't like feeling so emotional at this time of the morning...
Old 10 Sep 2020, 06:58 (Ref:4001335)   #286
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Thanks for sharing the link, what a lovely tribute but I don't like feeling so emotional at this time of the morning...
It was actually (very) early morning here in Oz when I posted it - quite an emotional start for me too!

Too good not to share really.
Old 10 Sep 2020, 07:12 (Ref:4001342)   #287
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
I really feel for Sainz knowing what Ferrari has in store for him next year.
I just hope he doesn't become the new Villeneuve, or Alonso, before even getting one WDC.

I fear he will become the new Alesi;regarded as a very good driver who achieved a lot less than his talent justified.
Old 10 Sep 2020, 12:00 (Ref:4001408)   #288
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Now that is an excuse, after six laps on the new tyres they were cold!
Weren't most of those six laps behind the SC?
Old 10 Sep 2020, 16:14 (Ref:4001462)   #289
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Thanks very much for the share, much appreciated.
Old 10 Sep 2020, 18:05 (Ref:4001511)   #290
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
I fear he will become the new Alesi;regarded as a very good driver who achieved a lot less than his talent justified.

I think Leclerc could be like Alesi, unless Ferrari improve or he finds a better team