Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Sep 2020, 16:40 (Ref:4006869)   #101
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I think Adams post was tongue firmly in cheek
I’m never quite sure HAHAHAHA....smileys help!
Old 27 Sep 2020, 16:40 (Ref:4006871)   #102
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Well it is a bit ridiculous when track limits, speed limits, restart areas etc etc are defined to the mm or kph that the race directors notes don’t specify an exact area do do the starts...

...I’m not defending Hamilton, rule broken got a penalty which is fair enough
They do paint a single grid slot there. And every other car did it there. And Lewis did question it, so he knew.

If this was Perez or Albon nobody would care. But because it's Lewis it'll be a 45 page conspiracy theory. People who claim the rules are not written well enough and how could Lewis possibly have known arguing with people who think Lewis is scum and not any good and should dress better about it until the end of time.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 16:43 (Ref:4006873)   #103
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I think Adams post was tongue firmly in cheek
Apart from the bit about Pedro.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 16:51 (Ref:4006883)   #104
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
They do paint a single grid slot there. And every other car did it there. And Lewis did question it, so he knew.

If this was Perez or Albon nobody would care. But because it's Lewis it'll be a 45 page conspiracy theory. People who claim the rules are not written well enough and how could Lewis possibly have known arguing with people who think Lewis is scum and not any good and should dress better about it until the end of time.
To be fair, Grosjean doesn’t invoke the same passion in fans for some reason :-p

It’s no different to Max, Vettel or other sports like football....you will always get tinfoil hattery when ‘interesting’ decisions are made by the judiciary.

You say no one has done it, but again, leclerc did it in spa did he not?

Not trying to defend Hamilton here, he deserved the penalty but clearly if you’re going to penilise a driver over something then make the rules crystal clear
Old 27 Sep 2020, 16:52 (Ref:4006884)   #105
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
But because it's Lewis it'll be a 45 page conspiracy theory. People who claim the rules are not written well enough and how could Lewis possibly have known arguing with people who think Lewis is scum and not any good and should dress better about it until the end of time.
Hmmm you might be seeing something I'm not, but I haven't actually seen any such argument this time! The regulations as posted above are a little ambiguous but no-one else seemed to have any problem with it so this just seems to be an example of Merc shooting themselves in the foot.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 17:01 (Ref:4006888)   #106
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
I think this is the right thing to do.

Hamilton has racked up a substantial amount of penalty points that I would deem really quite soft to be honest. Whereas acts of sheer lunacy (Sainz today for example) get nothing or the same amount.

It would be extremely silly if he was to miss a race if you look at his crime sheet so I am glad this has been altered. The penalty in the race was extremely harsh on its own, although it changed the result little as Lewis had shot himself in the foot on Saturday already.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 17:02 (Ref:4006889)   #107
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In this interview with Natalie Pinkham, Lewis says they are trying to stop him.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24...1acZtjXcux8BUo
Old 27 Sep 2020, 17:05 (Ref:4006892)   #108
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post

Yes we’ve already all seen this, and it’s been brought up a few times on this thread already. Pi$$ed off driver says things in the heat of the moment....shock horror!

Won’t be the first, won’t be the last.....it’s not like Max and Vettel haven’t criticised stewards in the past Have they....not sure I saw the same level of criticism from fans for them though ;-)
Old 27 Sep 2020, 17:08 (Ref:4006894)   #109
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tell you what though, I can't wait for the Daily Mail's take on it.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 17:11 (Ref:4006897)   #110
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Tell you what though, I can't wait for the Daily Mail's take on it.
Lmao!!!!!! Ohhhh the knuckledraggers will be our in force.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 17:21 (Ref:4006910)   #111
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yes we’ve already all seen this, and it’s been brought up a few times on this thread already. Pi$$ed off driver says things in the heat of the moment....shock horror!

Won’t be the first, won’t be the last.....it’s not like Max and Vettel haven’t criticised stewards in the past Have they....not sure I saw the same level of criticism from fans for them though ;-)
I'm sorry if everyone has already seen all this. Was that the wrong thing to do? No one had actually posted a link with Lewis saying, they were trying to stop him, so I thought it might be a good idea to see it straight from the horses mouth, so to speak.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 17:25 (Ref:4006911)   #112
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
I'm sorry if everyone has already seen all this. Was that the wrong thing to do? No one had actually posted a link with Lewis saying, they were trying to stop him, so I thought it might be a good idea to see it straight from the horses mouth, so to speak.
Lol you can do what you wish, but since it’s been mentioned several times already I’d have thought people had got the gist by now.

Anyway, I’m out. Time for IMSA :-)
Old 27 Sep 2020, 17:29 (Ref:4006913)   #113
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Lol you can do what you wish, but since you’ve mentioned it several times already I’d have thought people had got the gist by now.

Anyway, I’m out. Time for IMSA :-)
I'm sure everyone has got the gist, I just thought people might be interested in reading Lewis's actual comments.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 18:03 (Ref:4006917)   #114
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm sure everyone has got the gist, I just thought people might be interested in reading Lewis's actual comments.
It's ok, he's not defending Lewis. Thanks for the link.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 18:46 (Ref:4006940)   #115
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Hadn’t seen that

Man he’s got the paranoia.

It seems a normal human response in such situations.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 19:52 (Ref:4006966)   #116
ascarracinguk
Veteran

I don’t quite understand the latest statement from the FIA over removing Hamilton’s penalty points

“The Stewards received information from the team that the driver of car 44 had received a team instruction to perform the practice start in the incorrect place,” read the FIA stewards' statement.

“This was confirmed by the stewards having listened to the audio between the team and the driver.

“Based on this information the stewards replace document 47 with this decision and therefore remove the penalty points imposed.”

Surely they had access to the radio messages just as we did at the start of the race, or are they admitting that they didn’t listen to the audio and didn’t investigate the incident properly? If they did have the audio then why give the points then rescind them?
Old 27 Sep 2020, 20:02 (Ref:4006974)   #117
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
The driver is legally bound to know the rules. Shouldn’t matter what his team told him.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 20:37 (Ref:4006986)   #118
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First time in a long time I've seen Hamilton look so dejected. The penalty seemed harsh and 2 points for another "nothing" crime smacks of another artificial way to spice up the sport. LH is the best driver of his generation and this sort of treatment sucks. Glad the points have been removed at least.
Also Grosjean escapes penalty for saying (on one trip of 3) sod the run off rules, I don't trust my driving enough to get through that gap, I'll just smash the polystyrene. Yet Ricciardo gets spanked for being punted off by his team-mate? Makes me want to see Perez with Ocon at Renault next year just to see the punch ups!
Old 27 Sep 2020, 21:14 (Ref:4006999)   #119
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
The driver is legally bound to know the rules. Shouldn’t matter what his team told him.
Legally bound!

I agree the driver should know the rules. However if the team tell you to do something, as there are more of them and they are in a less pressure situation and it's their job to know it even more, you do what they say.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 21:16 (Ref:4007000)   #120
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
I don’t quite understand the latest statement from the FIA over removing Hamilton’s penalty points

“The Stewards received information from the team that the driver of car 44 had received a team instruction to perform the practice start in the incorrect place,” read the FIA stewards' statement.

“This was confirmed by the stewards having listened to the audio between the team and the driver.

“Based on this information the stewards replace document 47 with this decision and therefore remove the penalty points imposed.”

Surely they had access to the radio messages just as we did at the start of the race, or are they admitting that they didn’t listen to the audio and didn’t investigate the incident properly? If they did have the audio then why give the points then rescind them?
Well you could argue that it is still right to give him the penalty in the race as it doesn't matter if it is the team or driver, but it is harsh to give penalty points on the driver licence if instructed by the team.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 21:22 (Ref:4007004)   #121
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Well you could argue that it is still right to give him the penalty in the race as it doesn't matter if it is the team or driver, but it is harsh to give penalty points on the driver licence if instructed by the team.
I think it's harsh and I'm pleased to see they have recinded the points and fined the team €25,000 instead.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 21:41 (Ref:4007009)   #122
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Oh I agree with the penalty, I’m just trying to work out how the stewards removed the penalty points. Their ‘excuse’ is that when they listened to the radio message they basically laid some blame on the team.....so why didn’t they come to that conclusion in the first place.....we’d all heard the message live, so they must have had the audio too. Either they didn’t investigate properly or ignored the audio. Just find it bizarre
Old 27 Sep 2020, 21:50 (Ref:4007017)   #123
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Oh I agree with the penalty, I’m just trying to work out how the stewards removed the penalty points. Their ‘excuse’ is that when they listened to the radio message they basically laid some blame on the team.....so why didn’t they come to that conclusion in the first place.....we’d all heard the message live, so they must have had the audio too. Either they didn’t investigate properly or ignored the audio. Just find it bizarre
I would suggest that they ignored the audio on making the decision, either that or reconsidered it after receiving a message from the team. With the race starting / about to start, they'd want to look at key evidence (which wouldn't include the radio convo as that doesn't alter whether or not the practice starts were done and from where) and make their decision in a timely manner.

Time penalties impact the team (not just the driver, who is part of the team) but the licence points impact just the driver so seems fair to me that given the radio instructions, the stewards made a change.
Old 27 Sep 2020, 21:58 (Ref:4007023)   #124
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
I would suggest that they ignored the audio on making the decision, either that or reconsidered it after receiving a message from the team. With the race starting / about to start, they'd want to look at key evidence (which wouldn't include the radio convo as that doesn't alter whether or not the practice starts were done and from where) and make their decision in a timely manner.

Time penalties impact the team (not just the driver, who is part of the team) but the licence points impact just the driver so seems fair to me that given the radio instructions, the stewards made a change.
But surely if you’re applying a penalty then they should look at all the evidence before dishing it out. Given we all heard the audio before the race started and The team argued the penalty at the time, the penalty was given several laps into the race so surely they’d have found time to listen to 10 seconds of audio. I find it very bizarre.

It’s not the first time over the last 12 months either, and not just for Lewis. Hate to say it but strange decisions have been made since Charlie’s passing
Old 27 Sep 2020, 22:07 (Ref:4007025)   #125
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
That’s not what I was getting at. They didn’t need to listen to the team radio to decide if it was a penalty for the race. Who decided to do it is irrelevant for the 5s penalties. However if the driver gets penalty points on their license it is.