Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Jul 2003, 14:31 (Ref:663951)   #1
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
special liveries

I know in NASCAR and INDY and CART on occaision has a special event livery to support things, like 'make-a-wish foundation' and Movies like the HULK
but read this I thought F1 couldn't have different liverie other than the 2 car official?? of course Arnie can do anything he want, he even advertised on the spaceshuttle once.

Arnold Schwarzenegger gets the British GP into action !
A special promotion for the release of his new movie [17/07/03 - 14:11]

Pitchforth is honoured
to host Schwarzenegger

ne of the world’s biggest movie stars comes together with one of the world’s biggest sporting events this Sunday, July 20th, when Arnold Schwarzenegger makes an unprecedented appearance at the British Grand Prix as a guest of Jaguar Racing, promoting his latest blockbuster release Terminator 3: rise of the machines.

In a unique partnership between Columbia TriStar Films UK and Jaguar Racing, Arnold Schwarzenegger will be the guest of honour at this event where the home team's F1 cars will race in front of a global audience of millions carrying a specially designed Terminator 3 livery. The team’s pit-lane garage will also boast the unique livery that has been designed as a one-off for the British Grand Prix. To coincide with the movie’s premiere on Monday 21st July, Mark Webber will drive the Jaguar R4 through London’s Leicester Square and co-star Kristanna Loken will arrive in an all aluminium polished Jaguar XJ – the only one of it’s kind in the world.

Following a photo call in the pitlane at 11.45AM with co-star Kristanna Loken and the Jaguar Racing drivers Mark Webber and Antonio Pizzonia, Arnold and Kristanna will walk the grid before the start of the 2003 British Grand Prix. Schwarzenegger, a huge sports fan, stated : “I am very excited to be returning to London to attend the UK premiere of Terminator 3: rise of the machines. I am also delighted to attend the British Grand Prix as a guest of Jaguar Racing which, like the film itself promises to be pure action !”

After opening #1 in the U.S. on July 2, Terminator 3: rise of the machines, has gone on to break records and post number-one openings in 13 international markets, with many yet to come over the next few weeks.

The T3-branded Jaguars will hit the Silverstone track for the first time at 0830am on Friday this week for the two-hour free testing session. “We are honoured and delighted to be hosting Arnold and Kristanna at our home event and one which will take on a very different look this year with our uniquely branded T3 racing cars,” said David Pitchforth, Managing Director, Jaguar Racing. “The first two Terminator movies have amassed a huge global following and like Formula One, I’m sure the third Terminator installment from Arnold will pack a big punch when it comes to action, glamour and global adulation. We are very excited indeed about having such an iconic figure in our presence this weekend and running our F1 car through Leicester Square the following night takes the excitement to a whole new audience.” added Dave.

Latest 15 stories, here...Zanardi back behind the...BAR gears up for chinaRaikkonen as good as Michael...Tiger Telematics to sponsor...Arnold Schwarzenegger gets the...Silverstone set for season's...Fernando visits EnstoneBudweiser sponsors BMW...A lap of the Silverstone...Pioneer races to support...Aiming for pointsFerrari will fight backHome territory for JordanBritish Grand Prix is at the...Michelin looking for another...
Press release
Jaguar Racing

By the way I haven't seen any Pictures of this yet, anyone have one?
Old 17 Jul 2003, 14:34 (Ref:663956)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Where did you get the story from so i can get to see the other headlines?
Old 17 Jul 2003, 14:41 (Ref:663962)   #3
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess the 2 cars have to have the same livery... they just can't differ from each other.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 14:48 (Ref:663974)   #4
gttouring
Veteran

the story is on the Jaguar f1 page
www.JaguarRacing.com
and also on www.f1-live.com
Old 17 Jul 2003, 15:48 (Ref:664048)   #5
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaguar already had that pink, diamond-eyed logo on the Monaco race.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 17 Jul 2003, 16:50 (Ref:664101)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great...

Arnold "Terminator" and Jaguar - who could imagine this ?
Old 17 Jul 2003, 19:48 (Ref:664277)   #7
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't wait to see this!

Do you reckon the radio will just keep saying things like:

"I'll be back! " as it leaves the pits?!?
Old 17 Jul 2003, 20:10 (Ref:664293)   #8
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Waitaminute! What's that little sportsracer on Jag's webpage?!
Old 17 Jul 2003, 20:26 (Ref:664312)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, Paulzinho... they have similar mottos !

Arnold : "I'll be back !"

Jaguar : "I'll be at the back... of the grid !"
Old 17 Jul 2003, 20:55 (Ref:664359)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.

Ditch Arnie and go back to Le Mans, where you belong.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 21:15 (Ref:664377)   #11
gttouring
Veteran

hasn't anyone seen the Jag Sportscar? I saw a larger picture of it somewhere on the web (dammmit) i don't know if it was serious or not or even what configuration it was supposed to be (i.e. engine size, and LM900 or Lm675)
I believ it was LM900 size however from the other pic if i recall
Old 17 Jul 2003, 21:50 (Ref:664413)   #12
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isn't it just a track day car on the website, doesn't do international sportscar racing thats for sure.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 21:53 (Ref:664416)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My guess from gttourings description would be the Palmer track day car powered by the 3l V6 that runs on LPG (surprised it's not the diesel )

Last edited by Adam43; 17 Jul 2003 at 21:55.
Old 17 Jul 2003, 21:53 (Ref:664417)   #14
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
Here's more:

Palmer Jaguar JP1 has X-TYPE power

A thrilling new Jaguar sports car, created to deliver the ultimate circuit driving experience, has made its track debut. The 180 mph Palmer Jaguar JP1 uses a modified version of the 3.0-litre V6 engine from the Jaguar X-TYPE and has been tuned to run on liquefied petroleum gas (LPG).

Designed in the spirit of a Le Mans-style race car, the distinctive JP1 has joined Jonathan Palmer’s ‘Motorsport Sensation’ programme, the UK’s premier track driving facility established by the former Formula One driver at the Bedford Autodrome in England.

The JP1 weighs barely 650kg and is powered by a 245 bhp version of the proven 3.0-litre AJ-V6 engine from the all-wheel drive Jaguar X-TYPE. Cosworth Racing has adapted the power unit to suit the mid-engined layout. The rear wheels are driven through a race specification six-speed ‘sequential’ shift gearbox, that allows rapid upward gearchanges with a short, sharp pull-back of the lever without even lifting off the accelerator.

The characteristics of the 24 valve, 3.0-litre V6 from the Jaguar X-TYPE make it well-suited to the JP1. Its all-aluminium construction ensures a low mass and even in standard tune the engine produces a healthy 231 bhp. Cosworth Racing has increased this to 245 bhp, boosted the torque using a bespoke engine management system and improved responsiveness by fitting a lightened flywheel and revising the inlet and exhaust systems.

The JP1 has a power-to-weight ratio approaching 370 bhp/tonne – more than twice that of the standard 3.0-litre Jaguar X-TYPE road car – which ensures fantastic acceleration. From a standing start, the JP1 reaches 60 mph in just 3.6 seconds and 100 mph in a further 3.2 seconds. A maximum speed of 180 mph is anticipated.

Formula One driver Justin Wilson will drive the new two-seater sports racer at the Goodwood festival of speed the weekend before the British Grand Prix.

© Jaguar Racing/www.jaguar-racing.com
Old 17 Jul 2003, 22:00 (Ref:664418)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Palmer said "Incidentally, the exhaust note is sensational – to me it’s reminiscent of a V12 Jaguar Le Mans car!"

I have never heard it so I might be surprised, but I doubt that!

http://jaguarracing.wz.cz/Racingcars/jp1.htm

Can anyone remember what the chassis is?
Old 17 Jul 2003, 23:48 (Ref:664476)   #16
gttouring
Veteran

so it is 675 sized then
Old 18 Jul 2003, 02:54 (Ref:664525)   #17
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3.0L V6 from the X-type... Oh, no, NOT from the Mondeo! It has _nothing_ to do with such a common car.

Good lord, how can they sleep at night calling that a Jaguar?

On the original subject, if this becomes a trend, it could work out well for Minardi, picking up different sponsors as they go through the season. As well, teams with tobacco sponsorship could pick up other sponsorship for non-tobacco races.

Last edited by Lee Janotta; 18 Jul 2003 at 02:56.
Old 18 Jul 2003, 07:20 (Ref:664607)   #18
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Images taken from f1racing.net
http://www.f1racing.net/photo/upload2/YpljdURfoNtJb.jpg
http://www.f1racing.net/photo/upload2/HHCwSUPeKAhHb.jpg
http://www.f1racing.net/photo/upload2/spErJRSBXqsCb.jpg

All too big

Last edited by Adam43; 18 Jul 2003 at 07:22.
Old 18 Jul 2003, 07:29 (Ref:664613)   #19
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It makes little sense to me....why would Jaguar bother taking their large Symbol off the airbox, to replace it with the T3 thing. Certainly not because they feel like being nice, so, what sort of links does a movie have to do with Jaguar cars?!

Is there a Jaguar or a Ford car in the T3 film, or if there is a new one, will a Jaguar or a Ford car be starring in that one?
Old 18 Jul 2003, 08:23 (Ref:664642)   #20
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
not what I you do . But it looks ok
Old 18 Jul 2003, 09:28 (Ref:664689)   #21
Big Mac
Racer

Big Mac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Twig i'm with you, it makes little sense having Jag get behind T3. I saw T3 on Wed (thanks to my mates in the film industry!!) and noticed that TOYOTA was a "partner" in the film as high lighted in the preview ads. Toyota pick ups are used as are Lexus sports cars in the films itself. Therefor if anyone was to hop on the bandwagon it would logically be Toyota, not Jag. Go figure!!
Old 18 Jul 2003, 09:47 (Ref:664702)   #22
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by twig
It makes little sense to me....why would Jaguar bother taking their large Symbol off the airbox, to replace it with the T3 thing. Certainly not because they feel like being nice, so, what sort of links does a movie have to do with Jaguar cars?!

At a rough guess, they're probably being paid to do it by the film company......
Old 18 Jul 2003, 10:01 (Ref:664716)   #23
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In order to get more publicity and get 'everyone' into T3 fever?
Old 18 Jul 2003, 13:30 (Ref:664898)   #24
gttouring
Veteran

i saw the movie and it wasn't bad, not nearly as tense and innovative as the first and secong, but the firetruck/crane chase scene is absolutley inspired. and the TX girl terminator-ooowaahh she has one face on her...
Old 18 Jul 2003, 15:19 (Ref:665012)   #25
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone see that clip on the news where Arnie was giving the U.S troops in Iraq a post Iraq war 2 "stand up show"?

(In a thick Austrian accent) " I say Asta La Vista Saddam Hussian!, HA HA HAHA!

oh i ****ed my pants!