Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 8 Jun 2005, 11:30 (Ref:1323102)   #26
Andrew Palmer
Veteran

England
Peterborough
Andrew Palmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stephen that's the guy, Mr Plato the Marshals freind. I'll let you guess where SRB wanted to place a broom so he could sweep his own track between laps.

A photograph of you sweeping the track that must be a first
Old 8 Jun 2005, 11:35 (Ref:1323107)   #27
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Oi watchit!
Old 8 Jun 2005, 12:15 (Ref:1323140)   #28
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was in the bar the other night discussing trucks going on the grass with a C of C. He said he remembered a years ago where one driver (amongst many others) kept going on the grass in his truck. When he was asked to see the C of C, he said it was difficult driving at 100+ miles an hour in a truck keeping off the grass. When asked wasn't he an ex F1 driver who used to drive at over 180+ miles an hour, he looked very sheepish and left the C of C quickly after apologising.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 12:23 (Ref:1323150)   #29
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Ahhh that must have been Slim Borgood?
Old 8 Jun 2005, 16:12 (Ref:1323298)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sponsored by ABBA.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:42 (Ref:1326607)   #31
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
You know this has always bugged me for as long as I can remember, race cars cutting corners and going onto the curbs, I know people who even set their cars up for the express purpose of riding the curbs better. I have seen footage of BTCC cars with all four wheels over the kerbs.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 20:42 (Ref:1329821)   #32
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What, like Paddock at Brands.

Look at the footage of racing at the BTCC meeting. The "line" runs over the kerbs on the outsite of paddock. Every lap, over that kerb.

Non-BTCC meeting, and you get a black/white flag once, black flag second time.

Rules are rules. So I thought.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 20:45 (Ref:1329829)   #33
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just read some of the previous posts, and it's all been said before.

But one other point. One of the BTCC CofC's has been seen to ******* people at BRSCC meetings for going onto the old circuit at Paddock.

As I said.

Rules are rules.

I must say, I was most upset when they rebuilt the kerbs at the bottom of the mountain at Cadwell. They not nice anymore.

Rob.
Old 15 Jun 2005, 21:49 (Ref:1329918)   #34
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rob
It's very clear that the BTCC runs to an entirely different set of rules, seemingly more akin to demolition derbys. Just a pity that the MSA doesn't publicly acknowledge it.

Agree with your Cadwell observation, they should have flattened them and covered them in tarmac!