Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 21 Aug 2005, 11:02 (Ref:1387358)   #26
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah they had a lead of over 30 seconds- I think that could have got them a win. And yeah- you talk about Enriques experience, he HIMSELF actually managed to mess up a Super Nova pit-stop for Pantano in Imola- he walked in front of the car as Pantano was pulling away! Giorgio had to brake and stop before Enrique Scaliwotever got out of the way!
Old 21 Aug 2005, 11:28 (Ref:1387367)   #27
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excellent 2nd race, great win for Kovalinen and a thoroughly deserved 2nd place for Adam Carroll, talk about bad luck, Carroll has it in bucket loads! Still a great 2nd race and a great weekend overall for GP2. IMO. I just hope Monza can live up to the spectacle Instabul has given us this weekend, Im not betting against it as Monza has given us some fantastic racing over the recent years. IMO.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1387496)   #28
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A great weekend's racing - and so much better for having Martin Haven at the mic rather than C*****n K***y

Oh, and Pla did get the F/L points today - the tyre change restriction does not apply to wet/dry switches.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 15:09 (Ref:1387514)   #29
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Oh, and Pla did get the F/L points today - the tyre change restriction does not apply to wet/dry switches.
ahhh
Old 21 Aug 2005, 15:26 (Ref:1387525)   #30
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible-flyer
carlton? we had haven and gareth back together at last this time! made it easily more watchable despite some mistakes still creeping through!
Quote:
A great weekend's racing - and so much better for having Martin Haven at the mic rather than C*****n K***y.
Agreed, Martin's return made it infinitely more enjoyable. He clearly didn't see that Nurburgring race though, as he kept going on about these two being the best races since the Imola. Two fantastic races, and a great new circuit. It's just a shame the F1 support race didn't quite live up to GP2, but what's new?
Old 21 Aug 2005, 15:26 (Ref:1387526)   #31
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
according to autosport, pla, monfardini and artam have all had 25 seconds added to their race times for some reason only given to those who subscribe!

i wonder if the artam one is for waving the turkish flag? i know thats illegal in f1 these days.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 15:31 (Ref:1387530)   #32
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's because their cars didn't have any wheels on at the 5 minute signal before the start.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 15:44 (Ref:1387539)   #33
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to say, martin did make some glaring mistakes today - but still infinitley better than CK
Old 21 Aug 2005, 15:51 (Ref:1387544)   #34
Kicking-back
Veteran

Martin's mistakes come through enthusiasm - Carlton's mistakes come through total cluelessness.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 15:57 (Ref:1387551)   #35
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Better, yes, but he talks too much and scarcely lets Gareth Rees get a word in edgeways!

Good to see that Arden are still pretty smart on reading a race situation, even if their car set-up isn't quite on a par with ART's at the moment.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 17:07 (Ref:1387595)   #36
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the main reason is one of them comes on this forum and posts whilst the other doesn't foxy mole.........
Old 21 Aug 2005, 17:44 (Ref:1387616)   #37
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw
Yeah they had a lead of over 30 seconds- I think that could have got them a win. And yeah- you talk about Enriques experience, he HIMSELF actually managed to mess up a Super Nova pit-stop for Pantano in Imola- he walked in front of the car as Pantano was pulling away! Giorgio had to brake and stop before Enrique Scaliwotever got out of the way!
Is Enrique Scalabroni - the same man who designed the Williams FW11-Honda in 1986, and the Ferrari F1-90 641 in 1990...
Old 21 Aug 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1387644)   #38
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
yep.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 18:49 (Ref:1387678)   #39
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As has been said, much better having Haven and Rees back than Kirby Kirby/Rees. Ive got nothing against Kirby, hes a ok commentator in other series such as the DTM but when it comes to GP2 he appears to be guessing a lot of the time. Haven and Rees are by no means perfect but they are the best on offer IMO.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1387711)   #40
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would never classify Kirby as an OK commentator, as long as he's commentating on motorsport!
Old 21 Aug 2005, 19:23 (Ref:1387723)   #41
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
What can I say, in GP2 he sucks as a commentator I would agree. In DTM though he does a ok job. IMO.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 19:37 (Ref:1387738)   #42
Kicking-back
Veteran

The only semi-decent commentary I've ever heard from him was on water-polo
Old 21 Aug 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1387746)   #43
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Ever tried watching the DTM on a regular basis KB? IMO he really isnt that bad. But that topic is for another forum.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 19:49 (Ref:1387757)   #44
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
i also agree he isnt bad on a knowledge perspective in dtm but he still has heart attacks when nothing happens and confusion when somehting is happening. in gp2 however its a case of knowing nothing at all. haven and rees know their stuff though. its clear they have been watching gp2 even when they were not commentating. i bet kirby has not seen a gp2 race unless he has been commentating on it. haven and rees also do enough research to able to identify cars and drivers. again i dont think kirby can be arsed with that!
Old 21 Aug 2005, 20:46 (Ref:1387791)   #45
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The only semi-decent commentary I've ever heard from him was on water-polo
Agreed, his water polo commentary was quite good
Old 21 Aug 2005, 20:56 (Ref:1387798)   #46
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I say I think if Mr Kirby posted on here like Mr Haven does some of you might have different opinions

I think both are relatively poor commentators in fairness, Haven does know his stuff more than Kirby but both make far too many mistakes and only go to confuse the viewer rather than inform.

Haven just doesn't compare to the commentators they use on Motors for the BTCC/support races
Old 21 Aug 2005, 21:34 (Ref:1387818)   #47
Conrod
Rookie

Ireland
Conrod should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
as soon as the dry line appeared though i knew if there was anybody of the leading drivers going to come in it was heikki.
Pantano was the first man on dry tyres
Old 21 Aug 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1387826)   #48
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
Haven just doesn't compare to the commentators they use on Motors for the BTCC/support races
Thats right, hes better. IMO. Hindaugh is fine, but he is a little too over enthuastastic and tends to veer off of the racing for large chunks during the race and goes into things that are sometimes not very relevent, although topic related, not just in BTCC but the ALMS and LMES too. Ben Edwards IMO is as good as Haven but not better. As for Tim Harvey, well lets just say hes another ex racing driver with a opinion. IMO.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 22:00 (Ref:1387843)   #49
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
As I say I think if Mr Kirby posted on here like Mr Haven does some of you might have different opinions
Well, we (or atleast I) would be nicer in how I put my opinions, I wouldn't change 'em though - but I don't ever mean to offend him when I talk about his commentary - its just my opinion and he does a far better job (I think ) than I could do.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 05:38 (Ref:1387988)   #50
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrod
Pantano was the first man on dry tyres
Quote:
as soon as the dry line appeared though i knew if there was anybody of the leading drivers going to come in it was heikki.
all the early stoppers were in as they had no choice. they were so far back that it wouldnt even have been a gamble. heikki gave up a points position for drys.