Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 14 Dec 2002, 10:09 (Ref:449693)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
SpeedVision Specials

Just picked this up at Champweb..

...(SpeedVision will) wrap up the season with a pair of shows next week celebrating the achievements and discussing the happenings of the 2002 campaign.

The hour-long CART Year-in-Racing show will premiere on Wednesday, Dec. 18 at 9 p.m. ET and will feature highlights, interviews and analysis of the 2002 CART FedEx Championship Series season. The 30-minute CART round-table discussion show will premier on Friday, Dec. 20 at 7 p.m. and will feature SPEED Channel's CART broadcast team of Bob Varsha, Tommy Kendall, Scott Pruett, Derek Daly and Calvin Fish. The shows will also be rebroadcast at various times throughout the months of December and January...
Old 14 Dec 2002, 13:22 (Ref:449787)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm glad to hear that they're going to a 'round table' format for Champ Cars. I have never really been comfortable with the CFN format (which I guess will continue) and I think people will benefit from the focused discussion of the new drivers and the formula.

The Year in Review programs for ALMS, Trans Am and Speed World Challenge have been excellent. Looking forward to seeing these too!
Old 14 Dec 2002, 18:48 (Ref:449934)   #3
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
...And the season review that was aired on Speed a couple of weeks ago is now available on CART.com's "Speed on Demand" for anybody (such as myself) who missed it.
Old 18 Dec 2002, 09:47 (Ref:452498)   #4
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Just a reminder...
Wednesday night at 9, Friday at 7...
I almost forgot myself!
Old 18 Dec 2002, 11:46 (Ref:452571)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me too! I forgot it's Wednesday.
Old 19 Dec 2002, 12:50 (Ref:453374)   #6
Liz
Veteran

The YIR was interesting and quite upbeat, and the presenters clearly have caught the "pruning the dead wood" mantra and I agree with them. I also think Tommy Kendall has the charisma of a bar of soap. They REALLY need to find somebody else for that job.

One teeny criticism: it's well past time to stop whining about the officiating at Surfers. It's old news, guys. Be thankful no one was injured or killed, and move ON.
Old 19 Dec 2002, 13:32 (Ref:453430)   #7
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here, here! Surfers WAS a PR nightmare, but frankly in the conditions it was either stop the race or keep it going. They chose the latter. Fair enough!!

GET OVER IT!!!

Hell, at least Mario won it!
Old 21 Dec 2002, 12:54 (Ref:454852)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Did anyone remember to watch the Round Table? I thought it was kind of like an 8th grade slumber party -- too much giggling and nudging for me. (It also reminded me why I dislike Tommy Kendall.) However, it was 1,000 times better than the F1 round table, which was made up of the TGF Sycophants' Society and agreed among them that (1) F1 was rigged and (2) Rubens was at fault for exposing the lie to the fans! Oddest of all, they all agreed that the Austria race was rigged before it started, which means that TGF was a baldfaced liar when he said he didn't know unti the last lap -- ditto the USGP, which they all agreed was rigged in advance despite what TGF said, and they passed right over that!
Old 21 Dec 2002, 13:15 (Ref:454862)   #9
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back to Surfers for a sec, it might have been a PR disastor, but I tell you, I've never had anywhere near that much fun at a motorracing event...

It rained so hard everyone went home. Only time I'll ever lean against the fence at the Gold Coast Indy with 10m of no-one either side of me...
Old 21 Dec 2002, 14:54 (Ref:454898)   #10
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, my criticism was all the comments about looking forward to the V10s in 2005. No I say!

I like Liz's idea of a formal proposal from us, the fans, to CART. If I do the work of getting the polls set up and such, who here will agree to sign onto the resulting set of proposals?
Old 21 Dec 2002, 16:31 (Ref:454938)   #11
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
I thought I had the VCR set up for the CART round-table. Either the schedule was wrong, or I messed up, because it only recorded the F1 round-table, in which I had no interest. So I'll have to try to find out when it's on again.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 21:50 (Ref:455058)   #12
Liz
Veteran

The CART one was on at 7 and the F1 at 7:30.