Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 29 Aug 2004, 15:07 (Ref:1080633)   #1
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So which is the best PC F1 game

Seeing that I'm a bit outdated and Grand Prix 4 is no longer considered the best, I have to ask, which is the best F1 game (foe PC) around?
Old 29 Aug 2004, 16:13 (Ref:1080665)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Game? I guess I'd personally say F1C - but only because of all of the lovely mods.

As I say - game.

But then again, if you want a real live and kicking F1 sim - where have you been for the last 6 years? Do yourself a favour and buy a copy of GPL.......
Old 29 Aug 2004, 16:33 (Ref:1080679)   #3
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've already played GPL for quite some time now. But what I want now is a "current" F1 game (or sim for that matter) that is an improvement over GP4.
Old 29 Aug 2004, 17:13 (Ref:1080723)   #4
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
F1C with out doubt
Old 30 Aug 2004, 20:28 (Ref:1081857)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't stand GPL it's encredibly hard to drive and graphics are poor well to be fair it is old. I played F1 2002 and found GP4 more realistic so I bought it. Wasn't there a game called F1 championship with seasons 1999-2002. In fact that reminds me. There should be an f1 game could GPL2 with races from every era just amagine racing against senna in his Lotus at monaco, those where the days...
Old 31 Aug 2004, 09:40 (Ref:1082415)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by luke
I can't stand GPL it's encredibly hard to drive and graphics are poor well to be fair it is old.

Oh my goodness, you are behind the times, aren't you......?

Yes, it is hard to master, but the graphics on GPL are probably now superior to any other game/sim you could care to mention. For the last 6 years the gaming fraternity has been constantly improving GPL so you wouldn't recognise the difference between the graphics when it came out in 1998 and what is available now. Just go and have a look through the "screenshots" thread and you'll see what I mean. For goodness sake, don't be put off the greatest race sim ever invented by man in the mistaken belief that the graphics aren't up to the latest EA or Crammond release.......
Old 31 Aug 2004, 09:41 (Ref:1082418)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by luke
....just amagine racing against senna in his Lotus at monaco, those where the days...

You can.

Buy yourself a cheap copy of EA Sports Fi Challenge 99-02 - then download the Turbo Mod and you can race with or against the greatest F1 driver of all time to your heart's content........
Old 31 Aug 2004, 17:59 (Ref:1082944)   #8
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How do you race GPL on ten tenths then.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 20:23 (Ref:1083101)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
We race online in the Ten Tenths Friendly Racing League. GPL supports a very strong onlikne racing community. We're just one very small facet of it.... See the TTFRL thread.
Old 1 Sep 2004, 13:15 (Ref:1083776)   #10
MacMan
Racer

Australia
Perth
MacMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
best pc F1 game............ well GPL, F1 2002 and F1 C all have their good points and bad points but I love them all. The last GP I played was GP2 back in 96/97 and that was also ok. As for the most realistic I have no idea cos I haven't ever driven any of these cars and I am most likely never to do so but they r still all bloody enjoyable, I think that is the case for most people on this board. I tend to use the Turbo mod more than any cos i just love the JPS Lotus so much. Looks bloody fantastic!! Saying that though there is no better feeling than getting Spa spot on in GPL and the graphics in GPL with all the upgrades are 2nd to none
Old 1 Sep 2004, 13:55 (Ref:1083810)   #11
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would say F1 Challenge 99-02 still does it for me. It may not win the best F1 simulation award but the sheer numbers of mods/updates available made up for it and keep me happy.

I couldn't comment on other titles because I have never played them. If F1 is what you want, I think the recently released RH2004 season mod plus F1 Challenge is a nice combination, for me anyway.

Last edited by TerryC; 1 Sep 2004 at 13:55.
Old 4 Sep 2004, 01:50 (Ref:1086492)   #12
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gotta to say F1C, mainly because of the awesome mods.

GPL is superb, N2003 is great from a simulation point of view, but F1C, you can race Sportscars, F1 (obviously!), other single seaters, touring cars, well just about anything really! And it's hard to master aswell.