Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Jul 2020, 16:10 (Ref:3984932)   #26
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
After going on the Thruxton website I used the chat facility and was told they are still awaiting clarification from the authorities (?) before offering to sell tickets.

I can wait......
Same experience here
Old 3 Jul 2020, 14:22 (Ref:3985310)   #27
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I am sure you will get tickets and come along. I have now been invited to co drive in MGB in 90 min race. Happy days. Will see how the funds are going might still bring the Westminster.
Old 3 Jul 2020, 18:16 (Ref:3985374)   #28
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't bear the thought of the Westminster through church, watching the lurching at St Marys was bad enough - very brave!

Last edited by justracing; 3 Jul 2020 at 18:23.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 17:52 (Ref:3988784)   #29
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tickets available on their website now.
Old 17 Jul 2020, 10:30 (Ref:3988929)   #30
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's great news. Should be an excellent weekend on a great circuit. I am delighted to be back watching racing but not being able to stroll round what will be a fabulous paddock is a sad loss. Unless we get a vaccine I can't see anything else changing much next year either
Old 17 Jul 2020, 10:41 (Ref:3988931)   #31
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Ouch! £33 for the weekend, comes at a bit of a sting when as an MSV season ticket holder I go pretty much everywhere I want throughout the year. I'll have to raid the piggy bank! Well done to the organisers.

Last edited by justracing; 17 Jul 2020 at 10:57.
Old 17 Jul 2020, 12:46 (Ref:3989000)   #32
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Really? That's £16.50 per day and an absolute bargain to my eyes. Much cheaper than even a low grade footy match. And half the price of Autosport International with the added bonus if seeing the cars actually racing!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 17 Jul 2020, 14:53 (Ref:3989042)   #33
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
You're right, I'm just a grumpy old git. Ticket purchased today
Old 17 Jul 2020, 16:02 (Ref:3989058)   #34
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Ouch! £33 for the weekend, comes at a bit of a sting when as an MSV season ticket holder I go pretty much everywhere I want throughout the year. I'll have to raid the piggy bank! Well done to the organisers.
You should try £495 race entry at Oulton Gold cup meeting. 55 min. track time less red flags.
Old 17 Jul 2020, 16:05 (Ref:3989060)   #35
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pity about there being no paddock access for spectators.
Old 17 Jul 2020, 16:08 (Ref:3989062)   #36
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought £33 was expensive until I looked at Castle Combe's Autumn Classic which I believe is £20 a day or £38 for the weekend. However both are an absolute bargain compared to another historic meeting not far from Thruxton.Only shame is as has been mentioned there is no paddock entry.
Old 17 Jul 2020, 17:21 (Ref:3989074)   #37
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Pre War Sports car race
MRL first time we have been there
Going to be a bit quick round the back
Could be interesting
Old 17 Jul 2020, 18:52 (Ref:3989092)   #38
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am sure I remember a VSCC meeting at Thruxton in the mid seventies. More recently, in about 2003, the AMOC organised a meeting featuring a Pre War Sportscar race which included Rudolf Ernst in his gorgeous little Aston Martin GP car. (Admittedly not an MRL organised race).
Old 17 Jul 2020, 19:10 (Ref:3989099)   #39
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5 MRL, 3 HRDC and the GTSCC races make it good value to me.
Given I had written off the rest of the season I now can't wait to see and maybe photograph some excellent tin whizzing around the circuit.
Old 17 Jul 2020, 19:20 (Ref:3989103)   #40
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
AGD A105/6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I can't bear the thought of the Westminster through church, watching the lurching at St Marys was bad enough - very brave!
Go for it Iain, set up one of my best overtakes through Church!
Just the teensy problem of stopping it before Club.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSXIxtJLfrc
Old 20 Jul 2020, 16:55 (Ref:3989809)   #41
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Couldn't find anyone to share the MGB so I've just entered the HRDC All Stars race. See you there Iain.
Old 20 Jul 2020, 21:06 (Ref:3989837)   #42
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
I'll give you wave from the complex hill
Old 20 Jul 2020, 21:07 (Ref:3989838)   #43
Mike_Powell
Rookie

Mike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
I am sure I remember a VSCC meeting at Thruxton in the mid seventies. More recently, in about 2003, the AMOC organised a meeting featuring a Pre War Sportscar race which included Rudolf Ernst in his gorgeous little Aston Martin GP car. (Admittedly not an MRL organised race).
I don't think it was a VSCC meeting, but the BARC used to put on The Brooklands Raceday which was all historic racing including vintage, veteran and even Edwardian cars, as well as big banger sportscars. Ted Williams, the ex hillclimber raced a big March, either a 707 or 717 there and I'm also pretty sure it was his first time going round instead of up.
Old 28 Jul 2020, 05:59 (Ref:3991161)   #44
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ticket purchased for Sunday on the Car Club deal so a nice discount.

FYI - the Hawk Conservancy just up the road is recommended for any family members who are not motorsport enthusiasts. Advance tickets required and still available as of yesterday.
Old 28 Jul 2020, 06:19 (Ref:3991164)   #45
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
New timetable produced yesterday
Old 28 Jul 2020, 12:09 (Ref:3991224)   #46
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD A105/6 View Post
Go for it Iain, set up one of my best overtakes through Church!
Just the teensy problem of stopping it before Club.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSXIxtJLfrc
Nice driving. Perfect lines. Just entered.
Old 28 Jul 2020, 12:22 (Ref:3991228)   #47
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Nice driving. Perfect lines. Just entered.
Old 28 Jul 2020, 14:57 (Ref:3991253)   #48
brands
Veteran

Timetable version 2 https://barc.blob.core.windows.net/t...-tim-zlt5j.pdf
Old 29 Jul 2020, 16:55 (Ref:3991431)   #49
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Ticket purchased for Sunday on the Car Club deal so a nice discount.
... and arrived in the post today. Excellent service, Thruxton !
Old 31 Jul 2020, 17:30 (Ref:3991920)   #50
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Just wondering with the new clampdown on spectators at sport venues - eg Goodwood horse racing spectators being banned - how long we're going to get away with spectators (sorry, day visitors) beng allowed....eg for Festival Italia....