Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 1 Jul 2006, 14:32 (Ref:1645654)   #26
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Avro, i dont know on that score, if you fit the bill you could still be one of a couple trying to get in.

i do believe Rod tried to get split grids but it wasn't on on the grounds of time.

just maybe with a few more entries a bit earlier the coffee would of smelt all the better and time could of been found

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 1 Jul 2006, 14:40 (Ref:1645660)   #27
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How much it costs to hire track time at a meeting is pretty prohibitive on split grids - to fill them both they'd have to be over 60 entries, which is nearly every car that has appeared in DTRC this year, and that's before you have to split 5 classes into 2 grids, getting as near maximum capacity as possible so that the club doesn't lose money.

I don't think booking split grids at meetings (with the exception of Lydden) would have been justified based on the numbers entering last year, good as they were. Next year? Who knows, maybe it's a possibility? Having seen the Brands timetable, I've no idea where the second hour of DTRC could be squeezed in - it looks pretty tightly scheduled as it already is, so probably would have had to have been sorted at the beginning of the year when the calendar was drawn up.

Although it's a shame that not everyone who wants to race will get to, at least there's too many rather than too few.
Old 1 Jul 2006, 16:15 (Ref:1645690)   #28
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't enter because I was unsure whether my new set of pistons would be here in time. I have been assured that I should have them before the end of this next week, so with by bum painted blue, and a set of wings on my back, I'm fairly sure that I could have been ready for it. As has been pointed out, I could have entered, and then cancelled if not ready.

That doesn't help when the event is oversubscribed, and people are turned away as the reserves list is full.

While DTRC has no problem at filling a single grid at most circuits, it doesn't quite have the following for two grids of substantial proportions to make it cost effective to book the time - just like wot Teej said.
Old 1 Jul 2006, 18:42 (Ref:1645777)   #29
avro
Racer

avro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only problem I see with putting in an entry where the car is not ready is that you could end up with a number of cars withdrawing at a late stage and drivers that at this point see there are reserves do not bother to enter
Old 1 Jul 2006, 18:53 (Ref:1645783)   #30
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by avro
The only problem I see with putting in an entry where the car is not ready is that you could end up with a number of cars withdrawing at a late stage and drivers that at this point see there are reserves do not bother to enter

if you come from the world of hillclimbing and sprinting waiting until you know your cars ready is almost a way to guarentee you wont get an entry!

Old 1 Jul 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1645799)   #31
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Teej, you have hit the nail on the head. We did try very hard to get split grids, but the timetable won't allow it and the cost would have been difficult for the Barc to justify.
Old 1 Jul 2006, 20:14 (Ref:1645830)   #32
richard brent
Rookie

richard brent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where can i view the entry list???
Old 1 Jul 2006, 20:29 (Ref:1645840)   #33
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
in the finals....

Old 2 Jul 2006, 06:25 (Ref:1646005)   #34
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Birley
Teej, you have hit the nail on the head. We did try very hard to get split grids, but the timetable won't allow it and the cost would have been difficult for the Barc to justify.
I bet the irony is Rod that at least one of the supporting races will have low grids so one should really ask the question can they afford not to give you split grids. I daresay in all at least 10 drivers (me too?) will be turned away probably more by the closing date and probably more than some of the support races will field.
Old 2 Jul 2006, 07:50 (Ref:1646037)   #35
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
So far 42 entries have been received. The list should be shown in the next day or two.
Old 2 Jul 2006, 08:12 (Ref:1646045)   #36
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
I bet the irony is Rod that at least one of the supporting races will have low grids so one should really ask the question can they afford not to give you split grids. I daresay in all at least 10 drivers (me too?) will be turned away probably more by the closing date and probably more than some of the support races will field.
kinda gotta agree with ya al

Old 2 Jul 2006, 12:46 (Ref:1646177)   #37
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well 'as there is no split grid i'm one who will be confined to a bbq at my daughters, still sooner be doing that than racing at silly old Brands!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 2 Jul 2006, 12:53 (Ref:1646179)   #38
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Bit of a shame all this Eric as I really wanted to show you a clean pair of heels this time after the improvements I've made to the car, never mind some other time eh just think of the money we will save. :-)
Old 2 Jul 2006, 14:24 (Ref:1646247)   #39
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Al, A full gird is Eric's way of saying he's;
A: Not allowed out 2 weeks in a row, racing my D-type the week before.
B: Got no engine as he's given the crank to the slowest grinder in the entire universe, he expects it back by mid July, just not sure of which year.
C: Doesn't want to leave his puppy for an entire day.

Old 2 Jul 2006, 16:05 (Ref:1646317)   #40
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Oh well theres always next year (I hope!).
Old 2 Jul 2006, 19:28 (Ref:1646662)   #41
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You don't have to wait for next year! Round 6 may be full but round 7 is also at Brands so get thy entry in pronto.

Yes, I have already entered R7, and R6 was entered back in March!
Old 2 Jul 2006, 21:24 (Ref:1646808)   #42
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, also there are also entries for the september and november rounds already, some of which were recieved in march also.
Old 3 Jul 2006, 18:17 (Ref:1647500)   #43
Shawn
Racer

England
East Sussex
Shawn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So you are not all kept in suspense for any longer the entry list is now here

Old 3 Jul 2006, 18:28 (Ref:1647509)   #44
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Finally

Good list and the timetable isn't to horrific either! Should be a good meeting, I'm certainly looking forward to it!
Old 3 Jul 2006, 18:48 (Ref:1647519)   #45
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
when are the organisers going to realise how big the DTRC series is now and the support it has? Perhaps we will ALL get the recognition we deserve, from racers to marshals to BARC-SE. We could easily fill 2 grids at Brands, with teh way we are going. Come on BRSCC et all, wake up and smell the coffee. We provide great close racing; What more do you want??
Old 3 Jul 2006, 20:50 (Ref:1647583)   #46
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trim lunchbreak a little bit and hold a consolation race.
Old 3 Jul 2006, 20:59 (Ref:1647588)   #47
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
So whats the score with being a reserve these days, do you get a practice and a full refund if you don't race?
Old 3 Jul 2006, 21:23 (Ref:1647601)   #48
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Maybe do as the 750MC do with the vees and stuff...

Take all the entries...all qualify in two gps, then the slowest grid full go into a heat with the fastest remainder going straight through to the final, the rest of the grid is then filled with the top finishers from the heat.

I'm not sure what the score is Al...
Old 4 Jul 2006, 08:09 (Ref:1647797)   #49
andypipe
Veteran

England
Essex
andypipe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrera
You don't have to wait for next year! Round 6 may be full but round 7 is also at Brands so get thy entry in pronto.

Yes, I have already entered R7, and R6 was entered back in March!
I havent got any more entry forms. Anyone got any they can scan and e-mail to me?
Old 4 Jul 2006, 08:14 (Ref:1647799)   #50
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
Done