3 2 2.86%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 Sep 2010, 08:30 (Ref:2759627)   #51
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont be silly, button had a much quicker car than webber in italy.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 09:48 (Ref:2759668)   #52
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Perhaps he bothered to look at the FIA speed trap figures on the straight. I mentioned it elsewhere and linked to the FIA Trap times, but Webber was second fastest car on the track on the main straight, with a top speed of 345.7kph, just 1 kph slower than the fastest car, the STR of Buemi. Neither Ferrari were in the top 10, and Button was 3rd slowest of the finishers.
Perhaps I didn't look at the top speed figures..

So all I can say is Two-Shay. Or however that French word is spelled. And I stand corrected, EB.

However, I do still cling to the bit about it happening on the bend, and the RBR chassis dynamics and superior aero being important too.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 10:21 (Ref:2759682)   #53
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatz the Cow View Post
However, I do still cling to the bit about it happening on the bend, and the RBR chassis dynamics and superior aero being important too.
It also has a better engine; infact it's a better car.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 10:58 (Ref:2759710)   #54
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Usual Brundle insightful comments - "Webber's superior straightline speed.." said after Webber overtook The Hulkster. Only, Webber drafted the Williams round the bend and overtook him while on the bend, using the RBR's superior aerodynamic efficiency and chassis handling, not straightline speed to get past. [Please God, when will Martin retire.]
You'll be moaning when he's gone.

I can't believe someone's asking for him to retire?!

Selby
Old 15 Sep 2010, 11:22 (Ref:2759721)   #55
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been asking for it for years, but nothing has happened.

I knew something was wrong when I started to prefer James Allen's commentary to that of Brundle - it wasn't always that way, I swear.

But Brundle is just too cynical, Anglo-centric, regularly wrong now, that his best is behind him.

I think there are much better guys, a couple from the UK, and a couple from the US who are really balanced informative, and enthusiastic.

To me Brundle has always been living his free lunches off of the Le Mans victory that was gifted to him at the expense of Eliseo Salazar.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 12:34 (Ref:2759763)   #56
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I've been asking for it for years, but nothing has happened.

I knew something was wrong when I started to prefer James Allen's commentary to that of Brundle - it wasn't always that way, I swear.

But Brundle is just too cynical, Anglo-centric, regularly wrong now, that his best is behind him.

I think there are much better guys, a couple from the UK, and a couple from the US who are really balanced informative, and enthusiastic.

To me Brundle has always been living his free lunches off of the Le Mans victory that was gifted to him at the expense of Eliseo Salazar.
Crikey not a fan of Brundle are you?!

I find it difficult to comment on any of that. I know it's your opinion and we should all have those but.....
Old 15 Sep 2010, 15:16 (Ref:2759846)   #57
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
He won't be the first driver whose been 'gifted' a victory, he won Daytona on his own merit. Anyway, I think he's good, he's informative as a former driver and he may not always get it right but neither did Murray Walker.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 09:12 (Ref:2760247)   #58
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
Dont be silly, button had a much quicker car than webber in italy.
Not according to the speed trap figures.

Which goes to show how useless the speed trap figures actually are.

The fastest car is the one that wins, the second fastest car is the one with the fastest lap time. Sometimes, just sometimes, the two coincide.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 10:40 (Ref:2760272)   #59
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Not according to the speed trap figures.

Which goes to show how useless the speed trap figures actually are.

The fastest car is the one that wins, the second fastest car is the one with the fastest lap time. Sometimes, just sometimes, the two coincide.
Yeah exactly, my point was that being fast = high top speed, being quick = low laptimes
Old 16 Sep 2010, 19:16 (Ref:2760536)   #60
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
an average race so gave it a 5
Old 17 Sep 2010, 04:42 (Ref:2760696)   #61
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Perhaps I didn't look at the top speed figures..

So all I can say is Two-Shay. Or however that French word is spelled. And I stand corrected, EB.

Hehehehe no worries. I actually agree with your last comment too.

All we have to work on now is your anti Brundle stance.. Heaven forbid, someone from ONE (for non Aussies our F1 broadcaster) might read it, and we might get lumped with (C)rusty or someone equally awful.