Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Sep 2010, 12:05 (Ref:2760307)   #1
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Potential open seat at Force India?

Legard is reporting via twitter that
Quote:
Hearing that Sutil is leading contender to replace Schumacher at season's end IF he leaves Mercedes. Sutil out of contract at Force India
So if Sutil leaves FI, who will take his place? Thoughts? Chandhok maybe?
Old 16 Sep 2010, 12:07 (Ref:2760308)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I'd have thought Di Resta was the obvious choice?
Old 16 Sep 2010, 12:10 (Ref:2760311)   #3
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh it'll surely be di Resta. I'd turf Liuzzi out and stick Chandhok in there. Can we say PR dream?

It'd still be a decent line up, too.

Good on Sutil if he lands this seat. I rekon him and Rosberg would be a fine battle, and quite an even one at that. It's almost a Button/Hamilton.

Selby
Old 16 Sep 2010, 12:12 (Ref:2760314)   #4
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Liuzzi is never going to do anything brilliant with that car. He's a sort of average, Bourdais-level driver.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 14:47 (Ref:2760392)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Liuzzi is that good? In which parallel universe?
Old 16 Sep 2010, 16:04 (Ref:2760416)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hey, he's still thriving on his karting reputation. i'm sure pretty much every sentence involving liuzzi back in f3000 involved "but he must be good, he was excellent in karts".
Old 16 Sep 2010, 17:37 (Ref:2760472)   #7
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the much bigger story here not the possibility of Sutil going to Merc? That I want to see! Whichever way it happens, Liuzzi has got to go.

I'm pretty much just repeating ECW Dan here but I would also like to see a Chandhok/Di Resta partnership at FI.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 21:48 (Ref:2760621)   #8
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
How is Chandcock and different from Liuzzi? Both don't merit a seat in FOne. Give the seat to DiResta and Heidfeld after he is done doing the business at Sauber.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 23:05 (Ref:2760639)   #9
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My original post read 'No more Liuzzi, please', but I edited it, lest it seemed too harsh and unexplained. A fair comment though, I suppose.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 23:09 (Ref:2760641)   #10
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
How is Chandcock and different from Liuzzi? Both don't merit a seat in FOne.
I don't know about that, but therein lies the point. We don't know about Chandhock's ultimate potential because he has done so few raced in a Hispania. He seemed to be a bit better than Senna though.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 00:25 (Ref:2760661)   #11
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
What does that say about Senna? Chandcock wasn't that exceptional after 3 years in GP2. Did he ever win a championship?
Old 17 Sep 2010, 07:46 (Ref:2760750)   #12
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
We all love Chandhok on here, with good reason, but I think Force India will be looking for someone more experienced to partner di Resta in 2011. They're an improving team and fielding two rookies might set them back.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 08:02 (Ref:2760761)   #13
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Although arguably in PR terms having the 'local boy' and F1 fan favourite in the team may well bring in more financial backing and interest in F1 from what is a huge potential market about to host their own GP (if we are to believe the rumour), using his ability and performance as a secondary importance.....

In much the same way as Mercedes have relied on MS, not the fastest or best #2 in the game these days by his performances to date, his prime function seemingly to promote their team to Germany and the world.

Of course Chandhok is likely to improve his performances, whereas with MS his best days are clearly behind him.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 10:35 (Ref:2760830)   #14
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
How is Chandcock and different from Liuzzi? Both don't merit a seat in FOne. Give the seat to DiResta and Heidfeld after he is done doing the business at Sauber.
Chandhok's different from Liuzzi in the sense that:

*Liuzzi's had a couple of seasons to proove himself, and hasn't.
*Their nationalities (this is very important)
*There happens to be an Indian GP next year (which goes back to the bullet point above)

Also, where's the need to refer to him as Chandcock? What has he done to warrant that?

Selby
Old 17 Sep 2010, 10:42 (Ref:2760839)   #15
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
If Chandhok is such a magnet for sponsors you have to wonder how he has managed to lose his seat at HRT to Yamamoto.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 10:56 (Ref:2760843)   #16
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
If Chandhok is such a magnet for sponsors you have to wonder how he has managed to lose his seat at HRT to Yamamoto.
Agreed Super Hans that in the current situation of Chandhok at HRT it seems like a long shot.....

However if you put it in the context of an Indian driver in an Indian Team that lets face it is a bit more promotable and with better prospects than HRT, in one of the markets with a huge growth pattern in F1 interest and as has been mentioned, an up and coming home GP next year.....

If you then take on board facts like India is I think I read somewhere, the country now with the world's largest growth in "High-net-worth investors" (aka multi millionaires), as a package it could be attractive to both said potential new Indian investors and of course Vijay himself to promote the whole Indian package.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 11:10 (Ref:2760847)   #17
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
The Japanese drivers notoriously (more often than not) come with huge backing.

I think it speaks volume that it was obviously enough to oust a Senna out for a race.

Selby