Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 5 Jun 2009, 19:32 (Ref:2476147)   #251
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSR Fan View Post
After making his debut in Monaco, John Martin has been confirmed at Comtec for the next two rounds (Hungary and Silverstone)
Martin in for Silverstone?

There's a dark horse if ever I saw one.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 07:36 (Ref:2476783)   #252
Stocky
Rookie

Stocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin will have a grid penalty from Monaco so Silverstone may not be so good.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 21:03 (Ref:2477259)   #253
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yes, of course but a certain Salvador Duran proved last year that a lot of overtaking is possible at Silverstone, and, there's 2 races.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 15:49 (Ref:2478463)   #254
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interwetten.com have also announced today that GP2 racer Michael Herck will be driving for them in three of the next four events (Hungary, Silverstone and Portimao) replacing Mihai Marinescu.
Old 25 Jun 2009, 18:38 (Ref:2490600)   #255
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=23827&cat=5

Here's an interesting little development... Guillaume Moreau returns to the World Series to partner Anton Nebylitskiy at SG Formula. I guess that explains the reason why he recently left the Luc Alphand Aventures team in the FIA GT Championship then.

Of course, he cut short his last foray into the series in 2008 when he left KTR after the ninth race of the year in Hungary when it became apparent he wouldn't be able to challenge for the title.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 08:30 (Ref:2493747)   #256
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If anybody wants / need some tickets drop me a PM and I'll post them on - I have 4, but have now entered my first stage rally so can't be there.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 10:23 (Ref:2493830)   #257
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ditto with me, I have 4 available but now cant go due to work clashes. PM me if you want them and I will get them in the post.
Old 13 Jul 2009, 17:05 (Ref:2500955)   #258
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So who will replace Alguersuari after Le Mans now?
Old 13 Jul 2009, 17:21 (Ref:2500968)   #259
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
logic says ricciardo on the non clashing weekends surely...
Old 13 Jul 2009, 18:21 (Ref:2501014)   #260
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
logic says ricciardo on the non clashing weekends surely...
Maybe Wickens could return but again on non clashing F2 weekend though?
Old 13 Jul 2009, 19:26 (Ref:2501065)   #261
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw
So who will replace Alguersuari after Le Mans now?
Bourdais?

Or maybe we should find a 12 year old to have a go in WSR the speed these drivers are being rushed in these days.

Soon, if you've not won an international karting championship by the time you're five, you can kiss the Formula 1 dream goodbye - you'd be lucky to be in Sportscars for your early twenties, and if you're really old - say 30 - maybe you can race your twilight years in NASCAR!
Old 13 Jul 2009, 20:10 (Ref:2501115)   #262
sauber11
Racer

Russian Federation
sauber11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem for redbull-junior team increased as Hartley will drive in euroF3 instead of WSR this weekend.
Ricciardo for sure will drive at Algavre with Carlin in WSR(2 august) to learn the car and what more important the track ( 13 september BF3 meeting).

But anyway on 19 july and 20 september we have all meetings( euroF3,BF3,F2 and WSR) in the same time so its very interesting how they will manage this.
Old 13 Jul 2009, 20:31 (Ref:2501131)   #263
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't suppose Carlin have to have a Red Bull Junior do they? To be honest I think they should pull the plug on Hartley's F3 season and put him in WSR full time, because he was doing one more year of F3 simply to win the title, yet he is nowhere. So he could do with experience 'higher' up in preparation for a full season of WSR or GP2 in 2010.
Old 14 Jul 2009, 11:24 (Ref:2501486)   #264
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76959

Driver changes for Le Mans this weekend: Edoardo Mortara will join Tech 1 Racing alongside Charles Pic, because of Brendon Hartley's clashing F3 Euroseries round at Zandvoort, and Dani Clos will drive for Epsilon Euskadi. It doesn't say who Clos is replacing, but I fear it is Chris van der Drift as he's been struggling for money all year and, AFAIK, he was even on some sort of race-by-race deal with the team due to his lack of funds.
Old 14 Jul 2009, 11:32 (Ref:2501494)   #265
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSR Fan View Post
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76959

Dani Clos will drive for Epsilon Euskadi. It doesn't say who Clos is replacing, but I fear it is Chris van der Drift as he's been struggling for money all year and, AFAIK, he was even on some sort of race-by-race deal with the team due to his lack of funds.
That would be a shame if that's the case, and Chris had a shocker at Silverstone as well.

I don't suppose there's a Superleague meeting on is there? then it would mean Valles being temporarily replaced
Old 14 Jul 2009, 11:37 (Ref:2501498)   #266
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yes there is a superleague meeting... there's bf3 at donington, f3 euroseries at zandvoort, superleague at zolder and wsr at le mans. it's quite the weekend..!
Old 14 Jul 2009, 12:03 (Ref:2501516)   #267
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
And there's another one - Cristiano Morgado replaces John Martin at Comtec Racing for the Le Mans round, due to Martins' Superleague commitments.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76962
Old 20 Jul 2009, 11:35 (Ref:2504764)   #268
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alguersuari to continue in WSR alongside F1

Curious decision. It'll be interesting to see if it affects his form. Funnily enough, the guy he's replacing tried to balance F1 and sportscar commitments and was believed to be affecting his performances
Old 21 Jul 2009, 08:08 (Ref:2505255)   #269
sauber11
Racer

Russian Federation
Daniel Ricciardo at Portimao for Tech1
http://italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=24181&cat=5

Was right about him - learing track for british f3 round later.
Old 28 Jul 2009, 16:42 (Ref:2510056)   #270
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=24277&cat=5

Alberto Valerio to race for Comtec Racing this weekend in Portimao, obviously to learn the track for the GP2 finale their in September.
Old 29 Jul 2009, 08:07 (Ref:2510519)   #271
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello WSR Fan - Can you still bet with Interwetten on the WSR?

If so, have you had any successes? I seem to remember you had Parente to win the other season.

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 17 Aug 2009, 12:12 (Ref:2522933)   #272
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greg Mansell has left Ultimate with immediate effect

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77726
Old 17 Aug 2009, 15:00 (Ref:2523051)   #273
sauber11
Racer

Russian Federation
http://italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=24472&cat=5
He leaves from Ultimate to Comtec.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 15:08 (Ref:2523054)   #274
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I'm not surprised. Greg is like his father in more ways than one, e.g if you're not winning races it has to be someone else's fault, not your your own.

It's a shame because he does have a small degree of talent
Old 17 Aug 2009, 17:43 (Ref:2523134)   #275
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My impression is the same as yours, Strider. The Mansells don't appear to be a good fit anywhere.

Tags
dallara, formula renault 3.5, world series by renault