Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 12 May 2011, 15:14 (Ref:2879349)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Round 4 - Moto GP 2011, LeMans

Normal service resumed.

The championship goes to the LeMans bugatti circuit, which is an underwhelming track with amazing atmosphere. I have not had a chance to look over the weather forecast, but we have seen all sorts of weather in the past. I suspect this will be a battle between the two Spaniards. Stoner and Simoncelli should also play a part. I am becoming more interested in Rossi. He was more his old self at the last race. Ducati are working overtime, and we are now approaching the time of the season where these changes will start to pay off.

In the lower categories, can Bradl and Terol be knocked off their perches?
Old 13 May 2011, 20:03 (Ref:2880022)   #2
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Honda domination so far. I'm surprised Lorenzo isn't closer quite frankly. I thought the situation would be similar to Estoril. It's only Friday though. The yahoo weather report shows sunny and partly cloudy. No rain, yet...
Old 14 May 2011, 22:54 (Ref:2880429)   #3
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Ah what can you say, when Stoner is on form he's simply brilliant.
Old 15 May 2011, 12:39 (Ref:2880596)   #4
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Stupid penalty for Simoncelli.
Old 15 May 2011, 13:29 (Ref:2880621)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
As they siad on BBC, where's the consistancy? I personally think that Simonchelli should have backed out, but that's irrespective. He goy a penalty when Rossi didn't for taking Stoner out 2 races ago.

Am i the only one seriously concerned for Dani's welfare? How much more damage can he do to his body?
Old 15 May 2011, 15:07 (Ref:2880654)   #6
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ironic that Pedrosa found the spat where Lorenzo was complaining about Sideshow Bobs overtaking style so funny at the last round, and then this happens. Marco has always been wild mind, he was worse in 250 if you recall.
Old 15 May 2011, 16:08 (Ref:2880670)   #7
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
No way should it have been a ride through, fair enough sort it out afterwards.
Agreed he is a "bit mad" I seem to remember when he was in the 250s that he flipped the bike pulling a wheelie on the slowing down lap after winning one race
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 May 2011, 16:47 (Ref:2880691)   #8
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
As they siad on BBC, where's the consistancy? I personally think that Simonchelli should have backed out, but that's irrespective. He goy a penalty when Rossi didn't for taking Stoner out 2 races ago.

Am i the only one seriously concerned for Dani's welfare? How much more damage can he do to his body?
I dont think U can compare those two situations. Rossi made a mistake in Jerez and Stoner was an unfortunate victim. I believe Sic could have left a bit more room for Dani. The ride thru was to harsh in my opinion.

I hope Dani will be able to ride in Barca, as he is the only one being able to make Stoners life difficult.

I was expecting a penalty for Rossi as well, as he outbreaked Dovi under yellow at the scene of Pedrosas fall. Then again what was I thinking, he's Rossi...
Old 15 May 2011, 22:30 (Ref:2880823)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The thing is Simoncelli has a very poor track record. He has been done in 250's, been complained about a few times in GP and the riders have clubbed together to issue an official complaint about his riding.

Comparing that crash to Rossi and Stoner is Jerez is total garbage as Rossi crashed without touching anyone, so forget that. But the one with Lorenzo at Valencia applies as the same thing happened, Sic just roder across the front of another rider and anyone can just ride across the front of another as the bloke behind is always mroe likely to crash.

If you watch, entering the braking zone Simonceli was a bike length behind, Dani brakes is going fo the apex and would not expect MArco to go round the outside, nothing wrong with that, but to then just rol,l across the front end of someone else is very stupid and dangerous.

I don't agree with the ride thru, but the boy who cried wolf thing applies here I am afraid. If he never did it before noone would complain, other riders can get away with more coz they dont have form.

It should not happen that way but I am glad that the officials have taken into account more common sense in that a rider that consistently has trouble with contact with rivals for many years has been done over.
Old 16 May 2011, 08:59 (Ref:2880947)   #10
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was away all weekend, working for and helping out at my fire stations 140th anniversary celebrations. I missed every session and only have caught up now with the results.
I must say I am getting impressed with little Bradl as he finally seems to hold his act together instead of throwing it away. Now that I am done with all the work at fire station I am getting all excited on the NW 200
Old 16 May 2011, 10:09 (Ref:2880977)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post

Comparing that crash to Rossi and Stoner is Jerez is total garbage as Rossi crashed without touching anyone,
Rossi did actually have contact with Stoner, it's just that it happened after Rossi hit the deck, but the same applies in my opinion. Rossi (unintentionally) ruined Stoners race. I'm sure that Marco didn't mean to take Dani out either, although riding across him like that is more likely to do the job.

But my original point remains, if Rossi ruined Stoners race, why shouldn't he be penalised? But as he wasn't is it right to penalise Simonchelli?

I think your right though, he's been penalised because of his past record, the fact that the current World Champion has been on his case too may have something to do with it also? After all, had Rossi, Stoner, Lorenzo done the same thing to Dani yesterday, would they have been punished? I doubt it.

I think that Simonchelli was 100% at fault yesterday (i read on twitter that that's Ben Spies view too and he's more of an expert than me) but we either penalise riders or we don't.
Old 16 May 2011, 16:42 (Ref:2881105)   #12
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I'm on the fence about Simoncelli. We need guys that are not afraid to mix it up. I'm so tired of these robots that trod along setting fast laps at will. I will say though, he could have easily waited a lap or two, and tried again. He was clearly faster than Pedrosa.

With that said, I've seen comments from other riders that say Pedrosa should have tightened his line instead of standing the bike up. The photos show that he had enough room if he would stayed in the corner and leaned the bike over more. Heck, maybe he could have even roughed Simoncelli up and run him wide into the gravel!
Old 16 May 2011, 17:52 (Ref:2881138)   #13
Andy77
Veteran

Still laughable incidents compared to this one in 1998 involving Tetsuya Harada and Loris Capirossi:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki
1998 was a pivotal year for Harada. He battled his Aprilia team-mate, Capirossi for the championship with Harada leading for most of the season when the two riders were involved in a controversial incident at the final race of the year in Argentina.[3] Harada had the world championship within sight, leading the race into the final corner of the final lap when Harada's bike was rammed from behind by Capirossi's machine, sending the Japanese rider off the track. Valentino Rossi passed both riders for the victory while Capirossi claimed second place and the world championship. Harada would finish the season in third place behind Capirossi and Rossi. It was small consolation for Harada when Aprilia showed its displeasure with Capirossi's conduct by releasing him after the season.
Old 16 May 2011, 20:15 (Ref:2881238)   #14
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
no need for wiki .. I remember it well .. just like Senna in 90

Ciao Marco
Old 17 May 2011, 10:28 (Ref:2881551)   #15
Andy77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
no need for wiki .. I remember it well .. just like Senna in 90
I remembered the incident, just not when.
Put up the quote as not everybody might remember it
Old 17 May 2011, 11:23 (Ref:2881578)   #16
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bit different, Senna & Prost had been fueding since 88 - dont remember Harada & Capirossi having issues before Capirossi's dog act... Nothing wrong with Simoncelli's riding - harden up precious Spaniards
Old 17 May 2011, 13:39 (Ref:2881645)   #17
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post

You're not the only one! It can't be good to keep breaking bones in such a seemingly fragile body. Daft understatement I know. I've kinda warmed to his riding style when he is really on it. I hope he is back challenging soon.
Old 17 May 2011, 13:44 (Ref:2881650)   #18
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
I'm on the fence about Simoncelli...

With that said, I've seen comments from other riders that say Pedrosa should have tightened his line instead of standing the bike up. The photos show that he had enough room if he would stayed in the corner and leaned the bike over more. Heck, maybe he could have even roughed Simoncelli up and run him wide into the gravel!
My thoughts exactly, Marco may have chopped him off in a rather careless fashion (as if there was no rider on his inside) but if Dani was really going to make the corner, why on earth did he stand the bike up? To my tiny non-bike rider mind, standing it up is the reaction of a rider who has decided they are not going to make the corner.

Anyway, random question for you Chunder, whaddaya make of Bradley Smith's season so far? Your thoughts please.

PS: Nice to hear Regis Laconi on the Eurosport broadcast.

Last edited by cg7aa; 17 May 2011 at 13:55.
Old 17 May 2011, 19:13 (Ref:2881788)   #19
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bradders is doing fine, but to be honest I thinik Bradl and maybe Iannone have found something that is making them miles quicker.

Bradl is doing the saem as Elias last year really.

Redding has been disappointing for me, the Suter doesnt seem as quick this year
Old 18 May 2011, 09:59 (Ref:2882044)   #20
cg7aa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post

the Suter doesnt seem as quick this year
You mean the VDS Suter hasn't been quick.
Old 22 May 2011, 05:13 (Ref:2883744)   #21
gostickitdecals
Rookie

Australia
gostickitdecals should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's hard to point the finger of fault when in racing you're making a split second decision, you don't have time to have a ponder about making and move..

The Simo/Pedrosa crash they've both made split second decisions, which this time ended in Pedrosa crashing.

Rossi passing under a yellow. My own experience on the track is quite often you don't see the flags. And the GCR's (the rulebook) states the team manager must forward a rider/team complaint to race control within a certain number of laps, identifying the lap number, rider #'s and the corner number.

It's up to the teams discretion whether a yellow pass complaint is submit to race control. No complaint, no penalty.

The teams tend not to make complaints about waved yellow passing, (unless it's an extreme case of waved yellow passing for a major unfair advantage) as it just results in all the teams dobbing on each other over small things. They just don't bother with it..

Great win by Stoner & fantastic move on Rossi by Dovi for 2nd !