Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Where are you staying this year
Tertre Rouge 5 9.62%
Hunaudieres 0 0%
Expo 0 0%
Houx 16 30.77%
Houx Annex 5 9.62%
Blue Nord 1 1.92%
Blue Sud 1 1.92%
Maison Blanche 3 5.77%
Porsche Curves 0 0%
Beausejour 1 1.92%
Dairon 0 0%
Pincenardiere 0 0%
Marshals campsite 2 3.85%
I'm a namby pamby and staying in a hotel 3 5.77%
Camping off circuit 5 9.62%
I'm a local 1 1.92%
Garage Vert 2 3.85%
Other campsite 3 5.77%
other options 1 1.92%
Epinettes 3 5.77%
Premier Vert 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Mar 2015, 10:44 (Ref:3520261)   #76
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Sounds great, what wine would you recommend with that
Old 27 Mar 2015, 10:48 (Ref:3520263)   #77
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lots of Romanian Rocket fuel before and after!
Old 27 Mar 2015, 12:27 (Ref:3520286)   #78
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Gavin, i think you will find one on beermountain
I had seen that and the numbers bear no resemblance to year before last or this year's tickets...
Its pretty out of date.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 13:38 (Ref:3520312)   #79
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Lots of Romanian Rocket fuel before and after!
I am not sure i can handle two glasses of that stuff.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 13:41 (Ref:3520315)   #80
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
I had seen that and the numbers bear no resemblance to year before last or this year's tickets...
Its pretty out of date.
Sorry, might be worth a look on club arnarge, but i suspect might be even more out of date there, piston heads might have something but after that i am afraid it will be up to the bloke on a bike when you arrive
Old 30 Mar 2015, 11:00 (Ref:3521812)   #81
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
I'm going to be lonely in BN. Do people really dislike the site. For me it is probably best placed for access to multiple areas.

PS: Does anyone have a location map/ plan for the grid references for the pitches?

Here you go:

http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=12459.0
Old 30 Mar 2015, 11:29 (Ref:3521822)   #82
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
We are in Houx this year for the first time since the '80's.

Can any of you Houx veterans guide me on the best way in and out of the site. Especially on the Sunday after the race as we like to get away fairly promptly at the end of the race
Old 30 Mar 2015, 15:25 (Ref:3521885)   #83
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Getting out of Houx on sunday after the race takes a lot of patience. Try put your car outside the campsite otherwise you are in for a long wait.
Old 30 Mar 2015, 15:37 (Ref:3521890)   #84
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
If you move the car out of the campsite and put it in the green car park near TR corner you can get away much easier, but only if you get to the car and away soon after the race ends, by 3.30 the roads become grid locked
Old 30 Mar 2015, 16:43 (Ref:3521905)   #85
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Getting out of Houx on sunday after the race takes a lot of patience. Try put your car outside the campsite otherwise you are in for a long wait.
I was worried about that. Usually from Maison Blanche it takes about 45 mins to get through to Arnage and on our way. Trouble is we have 15 cars in our group so it wont be practical to get them all out of the campsite. How long does the gridlock last for and is the best route out towards Arnage or under the bridge near Terte Rouge?
Old 30 Mar 2015, 17:10 (Ref:3521913)   #86
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Move your car to the green car park at TR if you are there before 3,15 you will be at the front of the queue to get out and will be away quickly, if you can get up to the road above TR then you will be well on your way, if the make you continue along the lane you will then have to take that road but it will be pretty clear at that time, probably best to arrange a meet on the other side of Le mans to meet up with all the other cars. We used to meet at macdonalds Alencon
Old 30 Mar 2015, 17:25 (Ref:3521920)   #87
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Move your car to the green car park at TR if you are there before 3,15 you will be at the front of the queue to get out and will be away quickly, if you can get up to the road above TR then you will be well on your way, if the make you continue along the lane you will then have to take that road but it will be pretty clear at that time, probably best to arrange a meet on the other side of Le mans to meet up with all the other cars. We used to meet at macdonalds Alencon
Thanks Simon, but I cant see it will be practical to get 15 cars to that car park during the day and we don't want to leave before the end, and will stay a while to soak up the atmosphere for a while - so we will not be getting away by 3.15. We usually are ready to leave by about 4.00pm

Once we are on the move we are fine with finding a place to meet up and re group
Old 30 Mar 2015, 17:33 (Ref:3521924)   #88
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tertre-Rouge is the best way, get your stuff packed in the morning, run to Houx directly after the finish and park your cars as near as possible to the gate. Houx acces also includes Houx Annexe, chateau Houx and part of parking vert exit so it's a que at the campsite.
Old 30 Mar 2015, 18:26 (Ref:3521935)   #89
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Thanks Simon, but I cant see it will be practical to get 15 cars to that car park during the day and we don't want to leave before the end, and will stay a while to soak up the atmosphere for a while - so we will not be getting away by 3.15. We usually are ready to leave by about 4.00pm

Once we are on the move we are fine with finding a place to meet up and re group
The reason i say move the cars there is that you will be at the front of the queue more or less, you can slowly move the cars there on sunday but if you stay in houx the queue to get out will take you a whole load more time and as more cars join from everywhere the gaps between the cars in your group will get bigger and bigger. Also walking there will be quicker than driving from houx by a good hour or so
Old 30 Mar 2015, 21:19 (Ref:3521982)   #90
Mal
Veteran

England
London
How long does it take to clear? 1 hour, 2 hours or more?
Old 31 Mar 2015, 05:49 (Ref:3522085)   #91
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well again that depends on how far back in the line you are, Houx is as far from the main roads as you can get so certainly if you reach your car by 4.00 it will be hours getting out, It may seem a pain moving your cars on Sunday but it will save you a considerable amount of time if you do. and if you have nice cars that do not like sitting in traffic it could also save you a load of problems
Old 31 Mar 2015, 06:50 (Ref:3522101)   #92
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Will I get 15 cars into the green car park on Sunday and, if so, does it cost more money?
Old 31 Mar 2015, 07:11 (Ref:3522111)   #93
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
should not be a problem, always accepted the camping pass in the window, because it is in an difficult to reach place during the race it is often pretty empty on sunday. However things change so might be worth sending a car as advance party before committing all 15.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 14:03 (Ref:3522264)   #94
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Thanks Simon - where exactly is the Green Car park - is it inside or outside the track?
Old 31 Mar 2015, 14:22 (Ref:3522278)   #95
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The one i think is best is just inside the circuit, if you are coming from Houx along the road that goes under the track it is on the right directly opposite a gate to watch from inside tertre rouge
Old 1 Apr 2015, 07:58 (Ref:3522624)   #96
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
All this talk about finding enough space, how soon can I get away.....

Back to the usual peaceful calm of a relatively empty campsite for me. I'll be one of the first to arrive on Tuesday 9th and will have my pick of the pitches. I'll leave the following Monday for a slow, four day journey back through France.
Old 1 Apr 2015, 08:12 (Ref:3522625)   #97
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post

Back to the usual peaceful calm of a relatively empty campsite for me. I'll be one of the first to arrive on Tuesday 9th and will have my pick of the pitches. I'll leave the following Monday for a slow, four day journey back through France.
Where is this empty campsite? noticed that you had not completed the poll on this thread
Old 1 Apr 2015, 08:52 (Ref:3522638)   #98
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I'm arriving on Sunday afternoon. And then set up the camp and after that go for a walk around the paddock area and see what's going on.
Old 1 Apr 2015, 10:56 (Ref:3522673)   #99
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Obviously it's personal preference but I'd rather queue to get out at the end than have to drive to and from the track each day. If you want a hotel - clean bed, toilet, roof over your head etc then I can see that. If you're camping then why not camp at the track, have a few beers and soak in the atmosphere.

We have to leave Houx post-race on Sunday too this year but our crossing is so late there shouldn't be too much stress. Hopefully.
Old 1 Apr 2015, 11:33 (Ref:3522687)   #100
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
We always leave on Sunday, by the end of the race the car is packed up and ready to go, we watch the end from the track outside the campsite at TR then head back, quick use of facilities and then jump in the car and off, radio le mans last for until we are the other side of le mans, getting from campsite to exit of circuit is slow with people everywhere but usually get away quite quickly the advantage of that site