Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 13 Jun 2021, 15:15 (Ref:4056188)   #126
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Bratislava #44 LMP2 in the gravel, possible FCY coming.

Edit - Nope, straight to SC. Alpine just lucked out big time.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 15:15 (Ref:4056189)   #127
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Can someone explain what’s happened for the past two hours, as if I were some kind of England football fan?
Sure. England won 1-0.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 15:16 (Ref:4056190)   #128
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Safety car.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 15:20 (Ref:4056191)   #129
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Bratislava #44 LMP2 in the gravel, possible FCY coming.

Edit - Nope, straight to SC. Alpine just lucked out big time.
And it resets all LMP2s too (I think), so no issues on strategy there.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 15:34 (Ref:4056192)   #130
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Sure. England won 1-0.
Haha, well played Ayse!

As for the race...Alpine's pitstops hurting them now?
Old 13 Jun 2021, 15:36 (Ref:4056193)   #131
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
It's now or never for Alpine, because come their next stop if they're still behind it's curtains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
And it resets all LMP2s too (I think), so no issues on strategy there.
Impressed with Boyd keeping the rest behind him so far.

Edit - Lapierre doing what Milesi should've done, good effort from both the Alpine and Toyota.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 15:46 (Ref:4056196)   #132
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alpine stopping. No change to tyres.

So, two stops left for the Alpine...
Old 13 Jun 2021, 17:33 (Ref:4056215)   #133
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This FCY has massively hampered the Alpine.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 17:39 (Ref:4056218)   #134
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Yes. SC helped them earlier.

The two Toyotas both good to the end. No fuel saving needed.

Jotas 1-2 and close.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 17:51 (Ref:4056219)   #135
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Errr, what exactly are Toyota doing?

Team orders are fine and expected in endurance racing, but to swap the cars, only to swap them back ten minutes later ...
Old 13 Jun 2021, 17:51 (Ref:4056220)   #136
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Somebody explain me what Toyota did, shuffling the cars around twice
Old 13 Jun 2021, 17:53 (Ref:4056221)   #137
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
Somebody explain me what Toyota did, shuffling the cars around twice
Search me. Not a good look, and it may yet be compounded by the two cars running into each other.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 17:58 (Ref:4056223)   #138
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ha-ha-ha. And I was wondering how 7 would be moved from the lead. Another compulsory 8 win. Farce. In Super GT TOM's would have crashed into each other rather than act in this stuff.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 18:00 (Ref:4056226)   #139
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of the worst tv direction I have EVER seen, why do these overpaid morons obsess with stuff that is clearly scripted and NOT watch the actual race, they miss EVERYTHING, obsess with shots of the pit crews doing nothing, radio comms that offer nothing. You missed the lead lasses in P2 with a few laps left to show us stuff you could have done later

This is NOT bloody F1, stop trying to get a job with FOM and take an interest in what you are doing, what fans want and what makes your CV better instead of trying to make a tv show you selfish idiots.

As to Toyota, what a load of nonsense, over management, no wonder they never won anything agianst rival opposition
Old 13 Jun 2021, 18:02 (Ref:4056227)   #140
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
They thought Lopez was quicker so made sure he could get past with no risk. Then found out he wasn’t really and reversed the move.

Get giddy people. Get giddy.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 18:07 (Ref:4056230)   #141
kaivo
Racer

Estonia
kaivo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Typical toyota. Always smelly team orders, including le mans races lol
Old 13 Jun 2021, 18:09 (Ref:4056231)   #142
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Buemi looks done in.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 18:29 (Ref:4056235)   #143
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
It's as if GTE-Am did a demonstration race specifically for those advocating to axe GTs for 2023.

In other news, Signatech quite successful at making a case for a proper works programme. Quite close to a flawlessly performing works team, despite an inherent disadvantage in the machinery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Glickenhaus had a near fault free 30 hour test? Then comes here and has numerous issues, weird.
Not hitting numerous cars probably helps avoiding numerous issues.

Quote:
Errr, what exactly are Toyota doing?

Team orders are fine and expected in endurance racing, but to swap the cars, only to swap them back ten minutes later ...
I think it was the case of
- I'm a lot quicker than him
- Sure, we'll swap you two, but you have x laps to drive off into the sunset
- Sure!
- Ok. Nice try, now let #8 by.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 18:45 (Ref:4056243)   #144
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
I think it was the case of
- I'm a lot quicker than him
- Sure, we'll swap you two, but you have x laps to drive off into the sunset
- Sure!
- Ok. Nice try, now let #8 by.
As opposed to the entirely novel idea of overtaking. Never heard of that being used in a race before.

Yes, I know that the risk of both cars taking each other off would have been the motivation for doing it via team orders, but as we saw a couple of laps later, they almost drove each other off anyway.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 18:54 (Ref:4056245)   #145
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I'm not trying to justify it. That's just my understanding of the situation.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 19:03 (Ref:4056246)   #146
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As opposed to the entirely novel idea of overtaking. Never heard of that being used in a race before.

it's something that f1 teams often do, but at the end yes it was basically a team order to let #8 win.
Nice race, but is clear that 2021 WEC championship was decided back in 2017 or 2018 when oreca decided that R13 didn't need a larger fuel tank.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 19:40 (Ref:4056251)   #147
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Ultimately there is nothing to justify. Their team, their choice.

Next time I am hoping for more swapping to really drive people crazy
Old 13 Jun 2021, 19:49 (Ref:4056252)   #148
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
My apologies, I should've made it clear that I didn't think you were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Next time I am hoping for more swapping to really drive people crazy
I'm looking forward to seeing them swap the positions of the race-winning car with the one that's stuck in the pits for repairs at Le Mans
Old 13 Jun 2021, 19:52 (Ref:4056253)   #149
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I'm looking forward to seeing them swap the positions of the race-winning car with the one that's stuck in the pits for repairs at Le Mans
basically a reverse 2019 LM
Old 14 Jun 2021, 22:37 (Ref:4056429)   #150
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Pretty good race, in the beginning. But the stint advantage of Toyota cant be overcome. Its too large and the Alpine Oreca wont be getting a bigger tank so it seems they have to have a serious pace advantage.