Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 May 2003, 16:59 (Ref:614987)   #26
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I was off for two days, back sunburst from seeside, it's damned hot here outside ! A LM weather, no doubt !

I already have a list of "who's coming", I'll post t tomorrow.

For the meeting point, Kpy ad Bernard, we met at the Paddock Bar, but I thought we had to have more than a general entrance (never mind for this year, we'll have pits grandstands tickets, but the others ?)...

Big screen in the Village is perfect for me, and if everyone is agree, let's hae a first meeting at noon on saturday !

BTW, as some of us already met, this meeting turns easier this time !

Last edited by Fab; 30 May 2003 at 17:00.
Old 30 May 2003, 17:03 (Ref:614990)   #27
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Big screen in the Village is perfect for me, and if everyone is agree, let's hae a first meeting at noon on saturday !
So the Big Screen in the Village it is then - 12.00 noon, be there

White T-Shirt with a certain well known web address across it and a MG cap - if good weather and if it is bad weather MG Cap and Fleece
Old 30 May 2003, 17:14 (Ref:615002)   #28
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
If the weather permit it, Aysedasi tee-shirt (I hope !) and blue cap, if not... well, the weather will be PERFECT !
Old 30 May 2003, 18:52 (Ref:615104)   #29
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kpy
You will find me, Gilles, I hope, and my editor and boss, Sebastien Dulac, on the Automobile Historique stand in the Village from Wednesday onwards.

The stand is a must visit anyway, as it is a very high quality French historic motor racing magazine which is available at LM with an English translation. It should be published in an English version later this year. Come and see us, we are planning some nice surprises for you, along with a special Le Mans edition - were any of you there in 1966?

Sorry about the blatant plug Ayse - last year it was the butties, but at least this year you'll find me!!
Of course I'll find you.

For everyone else, this review is a must-to-be-bought, and you'll have the pleasure to be served by at least one, two or three nice guys (depending hours of presence)!

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 30 May 2003, 20:36 (Ref:615208)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
If the weather permit it, Aysedasi tee-shirt (I hope !)
I'm on hols the week before so OK (I hope) for a few t-shirts......

|Sorry I'm rather inebriated - just had a BBQ with friends off to Florida tomorrow - loads of red (vin rouge) (3 different varieties) so well sloshed..... Damn good show!
Old 30 May 2003, 22:44 (Ref:615341)   #31
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will try to be there, Rob has met me once.

Should have Nordic and Spanner with me .

Etiqute does of course mean that (forum) hosts provide the beverages and entertainment, all of which can be purchased beforehand at the Champagne bar and the Funfair .

2 weeks to go !!!!!!

Simon
Old 30 May 2003, 23:10 (Ref:615360)   #32
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well the pic on my profile shpws me, plus i'll probably be wearing that cap too, it has SLAM written across the front :P
As for times, I can't remember when the coach should be arriving (hopefully before 12), but i sure am up for meeting you guys, and as i haven't been before i reckon it'll help having 'oldies' on hand.

regards
Ed
Old 30 May 2003, 23:53 (Ref:615385)   #33
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Air Canada, currently under bankruptcy protection, has been given until Midnight tomorrow night to make its pilots see reason and sign wage concessions, thus allowing more financing to be gained, or the Court will close them down on Sunday.

Guess what airline my ticket is on?
Old 31 May 2003, 00:17 (Ref:615391)   #34
SL
Veteran

Air Mexico ???
Old 31 May 2003, 00:26 (Ref:615394)   #35
SL
Veteran

Sorry to sound rude,

There might be another airline operateing Toronto = Lon soon. It might not be in time for LM though.

But there is no way that the airlink with the UK will be broken. There will be a plane, the route is to important for all.

S
Old 31 May 2003, 02:26 (Ref:615446)   #36
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah -- but my ticket will be no good if that group of overpaid babies take Air Canada down before next weekend .... and unlike them, I can't afford another ticket out of the change I find under the seat cushions.

I can fly British Airways if I can get a refund and if there are any seats left at this late date and if they aren't selling for $11,000 apiece.....
Old 31 May 2003, 07:09 (Ref:615513)   #37
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
Etiqute does of course mean that (forum) hosts provide the beverages
I'm not against it, but it won't be champagne : it will be Muscadet ! And the problem is to take it inside ; I'll be at white, back of the main grandtstands : anybody to help ? I'll have some with me anyway, but it won't be fresh (in the boot), I'm afraid it could even be awful (heck !)...

Quote:
Originally posted by SL
and entertainment
This is the other Host job... Ayse ?
Old 31 May 2003, 10:00 (Ref:615632)   #38
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In fact it's 2 weeks excatly till we all meet

hopefully
Old 31 May 2003, 11:36 (Ref:615684)   #39
Liz
Veteran

By this time next week I will be in England ... and by a week tonight I'll be on my way to Le Mans ...

I'll come up to the Champagne Tent at noon on Saturday and hope to see some of you there, and meanwhile lets arrange something in the way of a nice relaxed interview with anybody who wants to be immortalized ...
Old 31 May 2003, 13:06 (Ref:615731)   #40
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I'll come up to the Champagne Tent at noon on Saturday
Schampoo Bar at noon : this is the TT collective pic ! Horray !
Old 31 May 2003, 13:39 (Ref:615783)   #41
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, we are progressing... So the time is 12:00 Champagne bar on saturday. I´ll be there. I´ll be wearing a 1998 LM Porsche T-shirt.
I´ll hopefully arrive thursday 16;00, and I´ll park the motorhome in Parking Bleu, so if anyone wants to share a beer or wine before saturday with spanish I´ll be glad to meet anyone. Have you tasted a good Rioja? (excellent spanish red wine) It´s your chance!!!
In two weeks we will all be waiting for the race start...
Fab: do you have a list with everyone´s details?
Old 31 May 2003, 14:34 (Ref:615858)   #42
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Javi
I´ll hopefully arrive thursday 16;00, and I´ll park the motorhome in Parking Bleu, so if anyone wants to share a beer or wine before saturday with spanish I´ll be glad to meet anyone. Have you tasted a good Rioja? (excellent spanish red wine) It´s your chance!!!
Hey, I wanna try it : Rioja sounds good to me ! We should find a quite quite place to taste some things after the Schampoo bar and the main pic/interview by Liz !

Quote:
Originally posted by Javi
Fab: do you have a list with everyone´s details?
This is the place I update the TTers coming :
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...522#post615522

Notice the bad news of the day : Craig won't make it, due to work obligations...
Old 1 Jun 2003, 14:39 (Ref:616725)   #43
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
Bentley Beermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Is everyone going to leave a contact number with someone in case things change on arrival. Mainly for those of us who don't have e mail out there

Last edited by Bentley Beermon; 1 Jun 2003 at 14:44.
Old 1 Jun 2003, 21:11 (Ref:617151)   #44
Liz
Veteran

I wonder if my British telephone has web capabilities? Must check on that ... my Canadian phone does.

If the photos come out nicely, perhaps we can produce a print edition to scare the next generation!
Old 1 Jun 2003, 21:26 (Ref:617175)   #45
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Bentley Beermon
Is everyone going to leave a contact number with someone in case things change on arrival. Mainly for those of us who don't have e mail out there
That sounds like a good idea - I will have a word with Ayse at the GPL TTFL race on Tuesday night......
Old 1 Jun 2003, 21:52 (Ref:617223)   #46
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds to me also like a nice idea. Could we complete Fab´s list with the phone number?
12 days to arrival....
Old 2 Jun 2003, 05:30 (Ref:617397)   #47
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Not always easy to get a line at LM : the air is busy...

But let's take it as solid : 12h00 at the big screen, then to the Schampoo Bar... anybody with a banner, here ?
Old 2 Jun 2003, 11:16 (Ref:617609)   #48
Liz
Veteran

I'm not broadcasting my phone number because it costs a fortune to get calls as well as to make them -- but I'm willing to provide it to a central contact person. Who's going to be the designated Switchboard?
Old 2 Jun 2003, 13:59 (Ref:617798)   #49
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Liz,
I have been reliably informed from Bodysnather on the marshals 10/ tenths forum that I will be marshalling and camping near your hospitality unit.
I am marshalling with 2 other brit marshalls on post 117, I believe is entry to porsche curves. I think we could do a fair exchange for some hospitality for interviews.
We will be going out on the Monday.
Regards,
Richard Sneader (rzsio396)

Last edited by Richard Sneader; 2 Jun 2003 at 14:00.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 16:49 (Ref:617998)   #50
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
The Brethren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz

I'll come up to the Champagne Tent at noon on Saturday
We'll all be there Liz, it's our usual start point.
Look for these.
Rusty
Attached Thumbnails
skull back copy.jpg