Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 9 Nov 2021, 13:35 (Ref:4082383)   #26
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A few Porsche driver rumours at the back end of this FE piece.

https://the-race.com/formula-e/porsc...ses-first-win/

Seems to rule Lotterer out of a drive slightly surprisingly. Wehrlein, Nasr, Kevin Estre, Mathieu Jaminet and Matt Campbell in the fray. Plus I think we also know Cameron on the IMSA side.
Old 9 Nov 2021, 19:06 (Ref:4082459)   #27
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
A few Porsche driver rumours at the back end of this FE piece.

https://the-race.com/formula-e/porsc...ses-first-win/

Seems to rule Lotterer out of a drive slightly surprisingly. Wehrlein, Nasr, Kevin Estre, Mathieu Jaminet and Matt Campbell in the fray. Plus I think we also know Cameron on the IMSA side.
As amazing as Lotterer was, and even though I'm sure he could still do a good job, his time has passed. The ages of the drivers mentioned makes it clear - Porsche, like every other factory, is going for the long haul.
Old 9 Nov 2021, 20:39 (Ref:4082471)   #28
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am still surpriced that Christensen is forgotten in this!
Old 16 Nov 2021, 09:53 (Ref:4083732)   #29
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With Antonio Giovinazzi not being retained at Alfa next year he must be a good bet for a plum Hypercar seat. If he pivots to Sportscars and commits to it he could have a fantastic career.

Look at Seb Buemi. When he left F1, who would have thought he would be the most successful driver of the WEC era.
Old 16 Nov 2021, 13:18 (Ref:4083755)   #30
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I saw Giovinazzi mentioned in connection with Formula E. Don't know if there is anything in it.
Old 16 Nov 2021, 14:10 (Ref:4083771)   #31
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I said this before, I think, if F1 starts are anything to go by, Giovinazzi excels in traffic and he's properly quick. He'd definitely be in my Ferrari hypercar squad. And as far as I understand, he's still a Ferrari-contracted driver.
Old 16 Nov 2021, 14:16 (Ref:4083775)   #32
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I saw Giovinazzi mentioned in connection with Formula E. Don't know if there is anything in it.
Yes - he's signed for Dragon/Penske
Old 16 Nov 2021, 16:33 (Ref:4083816)   #33
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Look at Seb Buemi. When he left F1, who would have thought he would be the most successful driver of the WEC era.
Mr Buemi himself, presumably.
Old 15 Dec 2021, 20:09 (Ref:4089937)   #34
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A toe in the water for Will Stevens with Acura.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/s...ce-cup-rounds/
Old 18 Dec 2021, 20:15 (Ref:4090477)   #35
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cameron and Nasr now officially official at Porsche.

https://presse.porsche.de/prod/press...otorsport-news

Old 19 Dec 2021, 17:24 (Ref:4090590)   #36
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well is does seem they will be back in 2023
Old 22 Dec 2021, 11:31 (Ref:4090960)   #37
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
As amazing as Lotterer was, and even though I'm sure he could still do a good job, his time has passed. The ages of the drivers mentioned makes it clear - Porsche, like every other factory, is going for the long haul.

Would actually love to see Lotterer back in a Toyota. A 3rd car Lotterer/Senna/Ogier lineup in '23 would be legendary.
Old 22 Dec 2021, 12:19 (Ref:4090967)   #38
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I think when all the privateer teams sprout up into '24 Lotterer should be able to find a seat and can certainly help a team improve.

It's kind of wild he didn't win so much as a WEC round with Porsche.
Old 22 Dec 2021, 12:33 (Ref:4090971)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lotterer is still a great driver and if I was looking for someone he'd be right at the top of my list.
Old 22 Dec 2021, 18:09 (Ref:4091009)   #40
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
Would actually love to see Lotterer back in a Toyota. A 3rd car Lotterer/Senna/Ogier lineup in '23 would be legendary.
How do people rate Senna as an endurance racer? I think he's excellent, and seems to have held his own when in similar machinery as Lotterer and Jani.
My query is, considering his talents and surname, how come he's never to have had a chance in a factory car?

If I had a team of my own, factory or otherwise, he'd be at the top of the list for drivers I'd want to try out - so what am I missing that the factory team bosses must be seeing?
Old 23 Dec 2021, 11:01 (Ref:4091063)   #41
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
How do people rate Senna as an endurance racer? I think he's excellent, and seems to have held his own when in similar machinery as Lotterer and Jani.
My query is, considering his talents and surname, how come he's never to have had a chance in a factory car?
Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while.

Is Senna still interested? He seems fairly comfortable with his ambassador role(s), I don't remember hearing any noises about him angling for a seat.

Back to Lotterer - I still don't see a factory drive, but a budding privateer seat is a good shout. It'd beat making up the numbers in FE...
Old 23 Dec 2021, 15:41 (Ref:4091082)   #42
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I remember Bruno Senna being on the clumsy/crashy side in his early prototype career. Didn't some privateer team once run out of spares at Le Mans with him as a driver?
Old 23 Dec 2021, 19:31 (Ref:4091110)   #43
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while.

Is Senna still interested? He seems fairly comfortable with his ambassador role(s), I don't remember hearing any noises about him angling for a seat.

Back to Lotterer - I still don't see a factory drive, but a budding privateer seat is a good shout. It'd beat making up the numbers in FE...
Obviously people count 'a while' differently, but he was overall podium at Le Mans 24 just last year, and finished 4th overall in 2018 and 2019, with Jani and Lotterer as team mates, against whom he held his own iirc.

Whether he's been angling for a seat for 2022 and beyong or not I have no idea, just asking for peoples thoughts on why he never got a break with a factory team.
Old 23 Dec 2021, 20:10 (Ref:4091112)   #44
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
just asking for peoples thoughts on why he never got a break with a factory team.
Maybe because there weren't a lot of factory seats available when he was at his peak.

And there were better (or equally as good) drivers already in those factory teams?
Old 1 Jan 2022, 00:00 (Ref:4092002)   #45
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

If I had a team of my own, factory or otherwise, he'd be at the top of the list for drivers I'd want to try out - so what am I missing that the factory team bosses must be seeing?
He did have a factory role with McLaren about 5 years or so ago. It never amounted to much, the 650s wasn’t really consistent enough to show whether he had much talent or not there.

He’s had some nice runs in P2’s in his time but would be midway at best through my list for factory seats
Old 13 Jan 2022, 14:28 (Ref:4093570)   #46
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Missed this yesterday but this in an interesting move from Ilott 12 months before the Ferrari Hypercar debuts - https://twitter.com/callum_ilott/sta...37309220024328

I kind of figured he'd be trying to get into a P2 but "a year away" does sound like he's going on a bit of work experience.
Old 19 Jan 2022, 20:38 (Ref:4094452)   #47
Mike E
Veteran

19 works BMW drivers announced. Some of these guys will end up in the LMDh for sure.

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...-for-2022.html
Old 23 Jan 2022, 20:53 (Ref:4095037)   #48
Mike E
Veteran

Enjoyed that Daytona 24 qualifying race. Interesting to see Rene Rast laying down a load of fastest laps in LMP2 including a new lap record. Clearly getting some under the radar prototype running before his Audi LMDh drive is inevitably announced.
Old 23 Jan 2022, 21:42 (Ref:4095046)   #49
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Enjoyed that Daytona 24 qualifying race. Interesting to see Rene Rast laying down a load of fastest laps in LMP2 including a new lap record. Clearly getting some under the radar prototype running before his Audi LMDh drive is inevitably announced.
It's already been announced. Months ago. Check me out with my finger on the pulse...
Old 23 Jan 2022, 23:00 (Ref:4095062)   #50
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Speaking of finger on the pulse, how did I miss Nick Cassidy signing on for Ferrari?

That's one hypercar seat in the Ferrari stable sorted.