Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Dec 2021, 18:04 (Ref:4090152)   #876
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
but look at result,

we have very boring races 1 cos everone is too afraid to do any real moves cos it would ruin their entire weekends and we have situations when a driver can be stuck a whole race behind another cos the rules make it too easy to defend and we end up with processions
The BTCC will have push to pass in 2022 Its called Hybrid deployment
Old 16 Dec 2021, 18:13 (Ref:4090153)   #877
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
nobody is forced to complain about others not blindly swallow the product either
You do realise this is the WTCC & European Touring Car part of the forum, and specifically a BTCC thread dedicated to the 2022 season?

It's not about blindly swallowing the product - just that in this part of the forum you are more likely to have posters who are positive towards the category rather than negative.

We've seen a few threads in the past that focussed on negative aspects of the championship. Generally they fade away for a good reason - there's enough negativity and depressing things going on in the world - I suspect people don't want to come onto a chat forum to discuss a championship they like and find those threads full of negativity too.
Old 16 Dec 2021, 18:31 (Ref:4090155)   #878
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Generally they fade away for a good reason - there's enough negativity and depressing things going on in the world - I suspect people don't want to come onto a chat forum to discuss a championship they like and find those threads full of negativity too.
Well said.

I mean, I'm not one of those who will keep on saying 'hm let's not say anything wrong, be positive' because that's artificial and you can't have a good discussion/exchange of points of views when everyone says that everything is perfect but even when I say that I don't particularly like this or that, it's not like lamenting that the BTCC is now terrible, everything is bad, was a lot better back then and so on and so forth. If there was so much negativity for me regarding BTCC, I'd simply stop watching and commenting on the forum.
Old 16 Dec 2021, 20:17 (Ref:4090166)   #879
Sunbeam347
Rookie

Sunbeam347 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I’ve watched BTCC since the 80s. All eras had their pros and cons. Yo me, the current set up is superb. How many times in recent history has the championship gone down to the last race meeting?
Old 16 Dec 2021, 20:36 (Ref:4090168)   #880
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
It's competitive, it's open and talented drivers shine through. We've had the superstars Turkington and Sutton to enjoy watching in recent years and hopefully for a good many more.

Other series things are a little too predictable; no disrespect to Lewis or Mercedes but until the rise of Max Verstappen that combination have dominated. Just like Sebastian Vettel at Red Bull before him and Michael Schumacher at Ferrari before him.

There's a good realistic half dozen drivers who could win on any given weekend (more if the reverse grid mixes things up).

I'm going to give next season a chance. I dislike seeing contact, I am that guy who wants to see a race car need nowt more than soap and water at the end of a race.
Old 16 Dec 2021, 21:14 (Ref:4090177)   #881
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Motorbase are announcing another driver tomorrow at 10am...
Old 16 Dec 2021, 21:50 (Ref:4090182)   #882
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Looks like Motorbase are announcing another driver tomorrow at 10am...
Looks like it might be 2 drivers. Sam Osborne and Ollie Jackson?
Old 16 Dec 2021, 22:05 (Ref:4090185)   #883
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Likely - the hype is coming from Motorbase, but not NAPA....
Old 16 Dec 2021, 22:38 (Ref:4090187)   #884
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Sam+ Jake.
Old 17 Dec 2021, 07:06 (Ref:4090223)   #885
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh this is going to be so underwhelming! Hmph!

?

Good to get another couple of cars locked in.
Old 17 Dec 2021, 07:47 (Ref:4090227)   #886
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Oh this is going to be so underwhelming! Hmph!

?

Good to get another couple of cars locked in.
Guess not all announcements can be overwhelming
Old 17 Dec 2021, 09:15 (Ref:4090236)   #887
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
Guess not all announcements can be overwhelming
I was being tongue in cheek ?
Old 17 Dec 2021, 10:11 (Ref:4090245)   #888
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jackson and Osborne confirmed at Motorbase. Not that it really needed confirming, although Jackson moving from one side of the garage to the other is the only real news there.
Old 17 Dec 2021, 10:14 (Ref:4090246)   #889
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
No surprise to see OJ and Osborne stay. Just a question, are MB Motorsport still in partnership with Motorbase?
Old 17 Dec 2021, 10:18 (Ref:4090251)   #890
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
No surprise to see OJ and Osborne stay. Just a question, are MB Motorsport still in partnership with Motorbase?
No - MB have moved on.
Old 17 Dec 2021, 10:21 (Ref:4090252)   #891
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Jackson going over to the other side of Motorbase, it looks like NAPA may well have their sights on the teams championship too.
Old 17 Dec 2021, 10:28 (Ref:4090257)   #892
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
With Jackson going over to the other side of Motorbase, it looks like NAPA may well have their sights on the teams championship too.
NAPA must be favourite for a 1-2 in the championship at the moment. Would be a great arrival to the series for the brand...
Old 17 Dec 2021, 10:41 (Ref:4090259)   #893
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Strong indeed i wouldn't count out Butcher, Chnilton, Jordan in Toyota though
Old 17 Dec 2021, 10:58 (Ref:4090262)   #894
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Jordan in Toyota though
Old 17 Dec 2021, 11:06 (Ref:4090267)   #895
flatapex
Rookie

flatapex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Strong indeed i wouldn't count out Butcher, Chnilton, Jordan in Toyota though
Jordan isn’t eligible due to driving the hybrid test car.
Old 17 Dec 2021, 11:09 (Ref:4090268)   #896
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatapex View Post
Jordan isn’t eligible due to driving the hybrid test car.
I also think a driver who says the following has definitely excluded themselves from a 2022 seat:

“I don’t mean it in a bad way against the championship, but I’m 110% happy with how things are these days with me and what else I’ve got going on,”

“It was good to be there and actually go, ‘Yeah, I’ve completely made the right decision and I’m at one with what we’re doing now.’

“I was more than happy with not being in there full-time, so I have no desire to do that if I‘m honest – I’ve moved on from it and it doesn’t do anything for me.

“If I watched the Goodwood Revival on the TV and I wasn’t there, I’d 100% want to be there, but with touring cars I’ve moved on – I’ll watch it if I’m around, just because I’m intrigued about who’s doing what, but it doesn’t one bit make me want to find the budget to get out there and do it.

“There’s nothing I hate about the championship – it’s just that in my head I’m quite done with it and I’m cool with not being in it.”

“With the historics it’s just so busy in terms of business that I wouldn’t have the time to do that and a full-time thing like touring cars. It just wouldn’t work – I couldn’t fit in such an intense programme alongside our historic commitments.

“I want to pick some of the big European rounds like Holjes and things like that – just bucket-list events that will be an adventure. I’m looking forward to that.”
Old 17 Dec 2021, 12:05 (Ref:4090272)   #897
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
No - MB have moved on.
Btw any hints where has MB moved on to? Is Jake Hill still teamed up with MB? Quite interesting to see if MB will team up with another team on the grid as they did with Motorbase? Will Hill be part of it? Quite curious about it and about Jake's prospects of staying on the grid. Until Blundell came, Hill was always kind of fighting hard for a seat, hope this is not the case this year.
Old 17 Dec 2021, 12:12 (Ref:4090275)   #898
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Btw any hints where has MB moved on to? Is Jake Hill still teamed up with MB? Quite interesting to see if MB will team up with another team on the grid as they did with Motorbase? Will Hill be part of it? Quite curious about it and about Jake's prospects of staying on the grid. Until Blundell came, Hill was always kind of fighting hard for a seat, hope this is not the case this year.
He's been signed to MB Partners management stable.
Old 17 Dec 2021, 12:32 (Ref:4090279)   #899
Matt K
Veteran

I just wonder how this relates to the alleged rumours of Jake being backed by Rokit at WSR... But probably sooner or later we'll see
Old 17 Dec 2021, 12:39 (Ref:4090281)   #900
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I just wonder how this relates to the alleged rumours of Jake being backed by Rokit at WSR... But probably sooner or later we'll see
Rokit also back Esmee Hawkey who is also in the same management group. So there's already a connection.