Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 14 Nov 2021, 03:24 (Ref:4083357)   #101
Ramius
Rookie

Ramius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to Mazda. Great ending to their DPi story.
Old 14 Nov 2021, 05:10 (Ref:4083359)   #102
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The race ended up being good, but the 3 hours of caution were tough. Loved the mazda win.
Old 14 Nov 2021, 07:35 (Ref:4083363)   #103
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The race ended up being good, but the 3 hours of caution were tough. Loved the mazda win.
Sums up IMSA. Cautions aren't going to go away, so we may as well enjoy the racing when it arrives.

Really happy for Mazda to sign off with a victory.

Well done to all the title winners as well, Pfaff in particular - Robichon really stepped up this year.
Old 14 Nov 2021, 16:08 (Ref:4083391)   #104
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Sums up IMSA. Cautions aren't going to go away, so we may as well enjoy the racing when it arrives.

Really happy for Mazda to sign off with a victory.

Well done to all the title winners as well, Pfaff in particular - Robichon really stepped up this year.
LMP3 cars caused half of them. Nobody talks about them other than in these situations. I don't think anybody all year has cared about who actually won an LMP3 race. Don't care about it myself. Class has brought nothing to the Weathertech series. The teams there should probably be in GTD...costs blah blah yes. Then go run Pilot or Proto challenge series.

Just so impressed though at how Weathertech racing did. You would think that this was a full factory Porsche squad out there today. I'm very very surprised the BMW guys faded with their issues. Cooper probably had the most enoyable year of his career for sure.

Also amazed at how good the Heart of Racing Aston did. Between them Turner and Pfaff, the bar in GTD really rose this year. We did not get much of a diversity of winners in that class because of this. The cream really rose to the top there.

The only IMSA races in 2022 that appear to be interesting enough to watch for me other than the 36 hours of Florida will be Long Beach, Lime Rock, and VIR, cause those events we won't have to worry about P2 and P3 filling up space. Interesting to note though IMSA LMP2 is becoming a refuge for true Pro-am teams as the professionalization of WEC and ELMS LMP2 is increasing by a lot now.
Old 14 Nov 2021, 18:32 (Ref:4083438)   #105
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Arrived home and I'm just now seeing this! Holy smokes!

https://twitter.com/jordan10taylor/s...Wf7zMFE2w&s=19
Old 14 Nov 2021, 22:46 (Ref:4083500)   #106
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
It's ironic that IMSA safety procedures by design turn little hazards (e.g. a car running over a piece of foam) into big hazards, such as restart crashes and mechanics on pitlane routinely narrowly dodging cars, ALL of which (within a class) tend to almost ALWAYS pit at the same time due to regular cautions.

Why not disallow overtaking before the line? But where's the fun in that, right?

Have they looked at mixing up pit box order? As in, GT - P - GT - P - GT - P as opposed to GT - GT - GT - P - P - P ? Under the current "one class at a time" FCY pit procedure this would provide most (depending on prototype:GT ratio) of the cars double the space on entry/exit.

Last edited by Pandamasque; 14 Nov 2021 at 22:53.
Old 14 Nov 2021, 23:55 (Ref:4083503)   #107
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Interesting to note though IMSA LMP2 is becoming a refuge for true Pro-am teams as the professionalization of WEC and ELMS LMP2 is increasing by a lot now.
not for long. now international travel is easier without quarantine, the (rest of the) europeans are coming...
Old 15 Nov 2021, 03:45 (Ref:4083519)   #108
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

that was nasty.

All things considered a caution was acceptable for that
Old 15 Nov 2021, 17:06 (Ref:4083635)   #109
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I think I agree with the "I had nowhere to go part".
Old 15 Nov 2021, 21:21 (Ref:4083679)   #110
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Depends on who you camp with. 10/10 this year.
I just saw this

Quote:

First replay I have seen as well. I think that incident took out 7 cars, and I could see why. A helicopter shot would have been great to piece this one together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I think I agree with the "I had nowhere to go part".
I think he saw the Porsche go left and figured he was going to pull along side into 10a, but that didn't pan out!
Old 16 Nov 2021, 10:55 (Ref:4083739)   #111
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
If you want some interesting context, the overall leader didn't actually accelerate until about 5 seconds after the start of that onboard and they had taken off way back before the first motorhomes on the outside of the track, not far past the first kink in the back stretch. Probably what turned this one particularly catastrophic was Long sleeping the restart or whatever on Earth he was doing when everyone in front of him took off but the field spread and closing rates coming to the restart are ridiculous.
Old 17 Nov 2021, 00:16 (Ref:4083917)   #112
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I just saw this

First replay I have seen as well. I think that incident took out 7 cars, and I could see why. A helicopter shot would have been great to piece this one together.

I think he saw the Porsche go left and figured he was going to pull along side into 10a, but that didn't pan out!
This incident was not described accurately (or maybe emphatically?) on the radio... I was in T6 and couldn't see a screen but that was a HUGE hit. 175kph (108mph to normal people) at the point of impact.
Old 17 Nov 2021, 03:57 (Ref:4083930)   #113
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Depends on who you camp with. 10/10 this year.
Guests were 10/10, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
. We try
You (and others) do. I just show up relatively self sufficient and enjoy the confines!

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 17 Nov 2021 at 04:03. Reason: others do ;)
Old 17 Nov 2021, 04:02 (Ref:4083931)   #114
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
This incident was not described accurately (or maybe emphatically?) on the radio... I was in T6 and couldn't see a screen but that was a HUGE hit. 175kph (108mph to normal people) at the point of impact.
For sure! Very 'played down' or maybe not really made clear as to the extent.

Just fugly all around and reminded me a little of an incident at the Rolex several years back. Thankfully, not as severe for the driver(s).
Old 18 Nov 2021, 13:53 (Ref:4084195)   #115
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OUCH, drag racing on FS1 came close to broadcast TV number for IMSA, ouch

Petit Le Mans, season finale for the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, averaged a 0.26 and 464,000 viewers for its opening hours on NBC Saturday afternoon.

The NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series closed out its season with a 0.20/341,000 viewers for its finals from Pomona Sunday afternoon on FS1.

From Racer, 800k for F1 in Brazil on The Duece as well
https://racer.com/2021/11/17/tv-rati...-road-atlanta/
Old 18 Nov 2021, 14:06 (Ref:4084198)   #116
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I like drag racing. Both are more fun in person!
Old 18 Nov 2021, 23:26 (Ref:4084277)   #117
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I was at turn 10 for the Miata race so missed this finish, it was amazing!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWbn84j...um=share_sheet
Old 18 Nov 2021, 23:45 (Ref:4084280)   #118
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think we had Formula D this year so he thought he would fill in there.

I was thinking earlier and I haven't seen attendance numbers but given past years and crowd density this year we may have had 20-25% of those who watched the race actually at the track this year. Our fence was 5-8 people deep the entire run from flag stand to RV area at the start, it was crazy
Old 19 Nov 2021, 00:00 (Ref:4084281)   #119
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I was at turn 10 for the Miata race so missed this finish, it was amazing!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWbn84j...um=share_sheet
Wow!
We’re working through the races at home here. Every lap we shout - that’s where we were. See our bit and the cars.
Old 19 Nov 2021, 01:25 (Ref:4084294)   #120
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
OUCH, drag racing on FS1 came close to broadcast TV number for IMSA, ouch

Petit Le Mans, season finale for the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, averaged a 0.26 and 464,000 viewers for its opening hours on NBC Saturday afternoon.

The NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series closed out its season with a 0.20/341,000 viewers for its finals from Pomona Sunday afternoon on FS1.

From Racer, 800k for F1 in Brazil on The Duece as well
https://racer.com/2021/11/17/tv-rati...-road-atlanta/
I don't think that's terrible and drag racing is going through a bit of a renaissance. Both series offer streaming too.