Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Sep 2010, 19:10 (Ref:2757403)   #1
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drink GT 1 Rounds 13 and 14 - Autódromo Internacional do Algarve - 17/19 September

Infomation

After the domination of Nürburgring by Young Driver AMR, the series now heads to Portimão in Portugal.

The teams championship is beginning to hot up now with Vitaphone still in the lead, but they are now being closely followed by the Lamboghinis of Reiter Engineering in second and Young Driver AMR in third.

Michael Bartels and Andrea Bertolini currently lead the drivers championship with 91 points a piece while the sole orignal driver from Matech, Thomas Mutsch, follows in second with 77 points and after their stunning run in Germany; Tomáš Enge and Darren Turner are now in joint 3rd with 65 points.

Not long now, with only Algarve, Navarra, Interlagos and San Luis left. Maybe Sumo Power could be wild card in this.

And for those following the GT1 facebook page -Or not- the representive has said that next years calendar will be annouced next month. Lets see if the USA, China and Russia makes it on...

...and I would like to see the Alpina soon, quite badly.
Old 11 Sep 2010, 20:07 (Ref:2757789)   #2
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No changes to the BoP as of yet! could work well for Aston again
Old 11 Sep 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2757796)   #3
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBMS View Post
No changes to the BoP as of yet! could work well for Aston again
They will have 40kg Success ballast
Old 14 Sep 2010, 18:31 (Ref:2759378)   #4
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What the drivers say.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2759382)   #5
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Apparently Christopher Nygaard is out of this race due to "family commitments". Pedro Lamy will step in as a substitute. http://twitter.com/YoungDriverAMR
Old 14 Sep 2010, 18:51 (Ref:2759396)   #6
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
Here's the All-Inkl.com Münnich Lambo's doing some PR.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 19:00 (Ref:2759401)   #7
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Please tell me it's not Edwards and/or Herbert commentating again.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 19:28 (Ref:2759427)   #8
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Please tell me it's not Edwards and/or Herbert commentating again.
it will be the terrible duo again no doubt.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2759436)   #9
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I see there is some BTCC this weekend, so at least we should be able to avoid the lesser evil. Herbert seems to have a more long term deal on this, ugh. I'm sure he'll be there for the weather.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 19:47 (Ref:2759444)   #10
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
They will have 40kg Success ballast
They only ballast the winning Astons right? At 1230kg they are still 20kg under their minimum weight posted on the website. Success ballast is idiotic, but changing the minimum weight of a marque when some teams are struggling already goes beyond idiotic.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 20:24 (Ref:2759464)   #11
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
They have been taking weight off the Aston all year and adding more and more to the Corvette and Ford, the Lambo, Nissan and Massarati seem to be largely left alone.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 21:58 (Ref:2759502)   #12
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
They have been taking weight off the Aston all year and adding more and more to the Corvette and Ford, the Lambo, Nissan and Massarati seem to be largely left alone.
The Masser is currently running at 1255kg; they have run at a lower minimum weight in the past. According to the website they are only 5kg over their minimum weight. Saw this joke of a post over on the GT3…

Could the Championship Be Won in Portugal?

A hilarious paragraph…

“Who will be victorious in Portugal? Can the Corvettes be beaten? Can one of the other marques join Corvette, Porsche, Audi and BMW as race winners in 2010? The podium finishing cars in Paul Ricard have to carry success ballast in the next two races. The nr101 Corvette will carry the maximum 40kg, while the nr16 Corvette will get 30kg. The two Porsches (nr 11 and nr61) will carry 10kg each thanks to their third place finishes in France.”

The Corvettes will also carry 80kg more minimum weight and a smaller restrictor in addition to the success ballast, so much for a real GT3 championship.

Olivier Panis over in FFSA GT series..."In short, today is not a championship, it's a circus or a general fraud!"

I couldn't agree more.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 20:13 (Ref:2760044)   #13
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoung View Post
The Masser is currently running at 1255kg; they have run at a lower minimum weight in the past. According to the website they are only 5kg over their minimum weight. Saw this joke of a post over on the GT3…

Could the Championship Be Won in Portugal?

A hilarious paragraph…

“Who will be victorious in Portugal? Can the Corvettes be beaten? Can one of the other marques join Corvette, Porsche, Audi and BMW as race winners in 2010? The podium finishing cars in Paul Ricard have to carry success ballast in the next two races. The nr101 Corvette will carry the maximum 40kg, while the nr16 Corvette will get 30kg. The two Porsches (nr 11 and nr61) will carry 10kg each thanks to their third place finishes in France.”

The Corvettes will also carry 80kg more minimum weight and a smaller restrictor in addition to the success ballast, so much for a real GT3 championship.

Olivier Panis over in FFSA GT series..."In short, today is not a championship, it's a circus or a general fraud!"

I couldn't agree more.
When was the 80kg enforced on the Callaways?

If they have had time to test with it, I don't see an issue. They were much faster at Ricard and some of it was driver talent.

I'm looking for the BMW Z4's to continue its march forward.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 21:22 (Ref:2760080)   #14
Deleted
Veteran

Perhaps they should advertise these series as "the ultimate battle of ballast and restrictors".

Apparently Hindy will be @ Algarve for Superleague yet again, but I assume he won't have anything to do with SRO GTs?
Old 15 Sep 2010, 23:50 (Ref:2760136)   #15
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Apparently Christopher Nygaard is out of this race due to "family commitments". Pedro Lamy will step in as a substitute. http://twitter.com/YoungDriverAMR
Great to have Pedro Lamy step in, should do well (well as good as success ballast will allow)
Old 16 Sep 2010, 01:39 (Ref:2760144)   #16
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lamy's car wont have the success ballast.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 02:03 (Ref:2760151)   #17
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
Lamy's car wont have the success ballast.
Woops. For some reason I thought he was in the other car with Enge.

Lamy and Mucke should be very strong.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 12:30 (Ref:2760324)   #18
kyoung
Racer

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
When was the 80kg enforced on the Callaways?

If they have had time to test with it, I don't see an issue. They were much faster at Ricard and some of it was driver talent.

I'm looking for the BMW Z4's to continue its march forward.
That’s not the point, they penalized every Corvette team despite the fact that all teams are not having the same success; you can’t test away 80kg and a smaller restrictor.

Callaway Competition boss Ernst Wöhr says. "It looks like the organisers only took the brilliant performance of Christian and Daniel into account, and therefore took the whole Corvette brand in kin liability. I hope our two championship contenders will have two good races and will be able to clinch the title already this weekend.”

FIA GT3 Portimão: Callaway Competition Preview
Old 16 Sep 2010, 18:25 (Ref:2760504)   #19
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
I notice the FIA entry list for Algarve claims that Young Driver AMR have been fined for something at the Nurburgring. Any clue what that was?
Old 17 Sep 2010, 05:02 (Ref:2760703)   #20
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Jos Menten replaces Ricardo Zonta at Reiter and HHH driver Bert Longin will fight for the Belgian GT championship lead instead so will be replaced by Alessandro Pier Guidi.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 08:54 (Ref:2760785)   #21
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
Pier Guidi still needs a teammate though.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 09:40 (Ref:2760810)   #22
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think AMR 'young' driver Enge made some donuts after the finish. Maybe for that he was fined. And Pier Guidi's team mate is Niko Verdonk if I remember correct.

And I'll have to watch all that nonsense (or no sense?) racing. It's awful. With all that ballast juggling the bosses openly choose the winner. Who's going to win this time? Lamy I think. He's a great Portuguese driver. And who's going to take the title? Vitaphone of course. Second goes to Matech, and then maybe some Reiter for fourth or fifth.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 14:27 (Ref:2760906)   #23
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is Mad Croc now only running 1 car on top of Phoenix just running one?
Old 17 Sep 2010, 14:35 (Ref:2760909)   #24
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
http://www.gt1world.com/news/article...VDS GT on top.

Hmm, there's 3 vette's on the results.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 18:03 (Ref:2760982)   #25
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The FIA entry list has 3 Corvettes, Maassen didn't have a teammate at the time of publishing, but it is now known to be Julien Jousse. DSC has their entry list wrong.

Pier Guidi will be teamed with Nikolaus Mayr-Melnhof