Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 19 May 2000, 12:17 (Ref:8359)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I tried this one in the TC forum, but i didn't get much back.
What is his history with regards to the BTCC, from what i can gather and have seen on havoc films he raced a supra. Did he have any success?
Old 19 May 2000, 19:08 (Ref:8360)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hmmm,

Good question. I remember him racing at Thruxton but don't recall the results. It was about the same time as Brundle and Moss (S) ran the Audi 80s.
Old 20 May 2000, 04:29 (Ref:8361)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yeh Ive seen him in those Havoc videos to crash but dont know about any of his results...I think he also tried his hand at truck racing for a bit without alot of success but im not sure about that
Old 20 May 2000, 09:37 (Ref:8362)   #4
torana
Rookie

torana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barry had a drive of Peter Brocks' Sierra Cosworth a few years ago at Winton. The circuit is near Benalla in Central Victoria Australia. He managed to put it into the wall at the esses coming onto the main straight. Car was back to the fire wall.

I understand that this year he also raced at the historic bike festival at Phillip Island.
Old 20 May 2000, 14:08 (Ref:8363)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I didnt know that torana...i live not far from winton and those esses are a dosy ..last year in qualifying i witnessed a superbike rider(carnt remeber who) get highsided and slam head first into the tyre wall..I thought i had just witnessed another fatality in this sport when to my surprised he got up staggered away and kicked his bike and then proceded to tell the marshall off who managed to drop his bike...come to think of it sounds alot like Barry doesnt it???
Old 26 Oct 2006, 19:54 (Ref:1750390)   #6
ADAM1
Rookie

ADAM1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i now own barry sheene's toyota supra does anyone have a picture of it wen barry had it becoause i am currently restoring it to its former glory............. there was also a sister car to the one i now have which was also raced by toyota GB any ideas of where it ended up ??? last i heard it was in south africa ????