Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 22 Oct 2006, 20:44 (Ref:1745422)   #51
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont have a Kart, I usually do Sessions at my local indoor track, but because of my height, im stuck with the 125cc Cadet Karts, but I can easily get into the times of a slow running 200cc Kart which is handy... And I came 9th overall last time I went, so, it was quite good. I would love to have my own Kart, but nowhere to put it!
Old 22 Oct 2006, 20:45 (Ref:1745423)   #52
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushy

Racing is the best sport but everyone that doesnt do it says you just sit on ur a** and turn a steering wheel and think that its easy
(they got to try it themselves because 15 lap finals are quite hard work)
yeah, I hate it when my freinds say that.
Old 27 Oct 2006, 09:25 (Ref:1750850)   #53
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi. im kieran vernon, new to the forum.

Chassis: Jade

Class: TKM 4 Stroke

Championships: Super 1 and F6, TKM Festival and O-plate

have been in juniors for the past 3 years now. going to move on to seniors in 07. had alot of sucess in juniors winning f6 in 04 05 and 06, festival in 05 and 06, O-plate in 05, and Super 1 in 06.

its great racing for not too much money compared to others. great racing throughout and a close finish in all championships.
Old 3 Jan 2007, 10:29 (Ref:1804616)   #54
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy king
Just thought i would start this thread so we all get to know each other and what each other race a little better. So....title kind of sais it all really!

Whats your class?
Chassis?
Championship?
Opinions?

Also, who in your championship (past or present) who you have raced against maybe when you were a Novice did you most admire and think you really wanted to be like and why?
Just realised I never did this!

Previously Rotax Max 177, however I am currently borrowing a Prokart for the winter series and building up a Vortex engined old Zip for non-MSA racing at my local track.
My Rotax chassis is a Sodi T3, 2002 chassis thats on its last chance as far as I am concerned! Especially given the guy I race with has just got an '05 Birel that handles like a dream, I'm sorely tempted!

No particular Championship, this year plan to take in Races at Clay, Forest Edge, Matchams, Dunkeswell, Blackbushe and Angmering that fit in with the schedule.

I prefer non-MSA racing and the clubbie feel - big budgets and large motorhomes dont belong at Clay or Forest club meetings IMHO.

Lots of the dedicated and helpful clubs racers spring to mind, probably too many to mention but Rob at BKC, Pete Thomas at FE, Kieron at Clay and all the experienced guys at Matchams like Chris, Kev, Mike Reynolds, Kim and of course the CoC Gary, as well as George and Ray Lovell who must run the meetings for the love of the sport not the money! Plus my racing buddy Mark who has housed my kart for me for the past 4 years and goes out of his way to store all my bits of junk - not all of which he is responsible for!

From the car racing scene Gavin and Dave Wills were my inspiration whilst working for them many moons ago, their enthusiasm and determination with no money whatsoever stood out. Also the guys at GGR for their absolute perfectionist attitude to race car building.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 19:03 (Ref:1873244)   #55
trickle
Rookie

United Kingdom
trickle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy king
Just thought i would start this thread so we all get to know each other and what each other race a little better. So....title kind of sais it all really!

Whats your class?
Chassis?
Championship?
Opinions?

Also, who in your championship (past or present) who you have raced against maybe when you were a Novice did you most admire and think you really wanted to be like and why?

Rotax
Kozmic T4
Open Endurance Kart Championship

It's runs mainly at Whillton Mill ( 4 and a half hour race )
www.oekc.co.uk
Old 22 Mar 2007, 21:01 (Ref:1873991)   #56
Manix
Rookie

United Kingdom
Essex
Manix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Evenin' all

I know I'm supposed to tell everyone what class I race in etc but to be frank.... I don't.

I do arrive and drive racing, pro karts, indoors, club100 etc. I am a member of the thrashed racing team and whilst we do have our own prokart it's stuck in a garage in cambridge until we can find a way of transporting it. Was thinking of renting space at red lodge and taking part in their pro kart championship.

Surely there must be lots more arrive and drivers out there like me....
Old 22 Mar 2007, 21:14 (Ref:1873997)   #57
trickle
Rookie

United Kingdom
trickle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Manix, you should come and do some OEKC races. There is a prokart class.
Old 10 Apr 2007, 17:52 (Ref:1888238)   #58
trevisio
Racer

United Kingdom
In my house
trevisio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I used to race in TKM 2 stroke but now its Arrive and Drive all the way for me! Turn up, race, go home and forget about it until next time. Win or crash the bill is the same. Trouble is you cannot really blame the equipment if you do not win....even if you think you have been allocated a kart that is not quite as equal as the others - you can swap it for a spare!

www.club100.co.uk

2-stroke 100cc direct drive kart racing without the hassle
Old 20 Apr 2007, 10:55 (Ref:1896166)   #59
S.Moss
Racer

England
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
S.Moss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
250 National
Anderson
MSA 250 National and 250 Clubman

Very fun, rather fast and lots of great drivers, alot more respect is given than in say Jnr Max which i glady don't do any more as it was pointless going to a meeting without 5 or 6 spare sidepods and 2 nose cones
Old 20 Apr 2007, 12:18 (Ref:1896244)   #60
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome - I think you have to be a bit crazier to do 250 than Rotax in my book tho!
Old 20 Apr 2007, 13:07 (Ref:1896278)   #61
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have a Stratos Storm Pro-Kart, I raced it at Crail, Larkhall and Raceland nr Edinburgh. I bought it when I was 16, brand new from the local supplier. I have always been tall and heavy so I was always at the back of the grid on race days.

During my 1st driving lesson on my 17th birthday, i took the "racing line" round a roundabout, this filtered back to my Dad and he said I wasn't allowed to race or test my kart until I had passed my test. When I was 19, I took my ARDS test and became a racing driver, since then I have felt I should get my kart running again and take it out to a few tests just on the off season.

I do get the engines running now and again and I keep them turning over fairly regularly.

I hate hiring karts because I am too heavy for the single engined ones and no-one will let me use the twin-engined 1s without spending stupid amounts of money to "graduate" up to them!
Old 22 Apr 2007, 12:52 (Ref:1897650)   #62
S.Moss
Racer

England
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
S.Moss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani
Welcome - I think you have to be a bit crazier to do 250 than Rotax in my book tho!
Not really.. Sure its faster, but the tracks are wider, runnoffs are alot more so its all ok, i'd recommend to anyone to have a go in a 250 or 125 as you'll never want anything else
Old 28 May 2007, 14:31 (Ref:1922896)   #63
woodster
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin 24.
woodster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just bought a Rotax Max

Its a 06' Swiss Hutless Vinto

Racing in the Midland Karting club championship in Ireland at the moment but planning on doing the Irish Karting Club championship next year.

Cant wait to get out and drive it I used to race pro karts but this is a different animal altogether.

David.
Old 29 May 2007, 18:13 (Ref:1924007)   #64
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Had my first karting experience yesterday. We went with some friends to a local track. We had the track to ourselves, as nobody was there. So it was nice to be able to get up to speed without getting in anyone's way. Had a great time and I'm thinking about it as a hobby.
Old 29 Jun 2007, 19:30 (Ref:1949970)   #65
blueoval
Rookie

England
suffolk
blueoval should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spent 2 years kart marshalling at a local kart club and if you have never had a go i would say do so. It can be more exciting than car racing and watching the kids as young as 8 it can be good fun.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 19:48 (Ref:1960027)   #66
Russell B.
Rookie

England
Kent
Russell B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats your class? Senior Rotax Max and Honda Prokart
Chassis? BRM / Wright (Rotax) and Wright / 7Kart (Prokart)
Championship? MSA sprints in Kent & Open endurance kart championship (Rotax), EKC southern endurance kart championship (Prokart)
Opinions? With so much money evident in motorsport why can't some of it be spent on circuit facilities to give us more venues like PFi and raise the profile of the sport!
Old 6 Aug 2007, 18:30 (Ref:1982718)   #67
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Class: F1-K Senior

Kart: CRG F1-K, Maxter 125cc Air Cooled 2 stroke

Championship: Hamilton Kart Club, Sunoco Ron Fellows Karting Championship.

Opinions: I love racing, and I love karting. I plan on racing sports cars for a career and karting is my start (and my speed - fix for now!).

Chris
Old 21 Jan 2008, 23:50 (Ref:2110916)   #68
Sam-KK24
Rookie

Scotland
Alloa, Scotland
Sam-KK24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Class: Junior Rotax

Kart: Gillard 08, arriving on Thursday!

Championships: WSKC Club Championship, ESKC Club Championship, UK Karting Challenge (broadcast on sky sports)

Opinions: I've been racing for 6 years now, and loving every minute of it!
Old 20 Feb 2008, 08:31 (Ref:2133118)   #69
Crashwatcher
Rookie

Australia
Crashwatcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went go-karting for the first time with my friend during the holidays last year. I was a bit nervous for the first few laps but after that something clicked and all of a sudden I couldn't get enough of it. It was loads of fun and I might take it up as a hobby when I get out of school.
Old 20 Mar 2008, 15:19 (Ref:2157336)   #70
Rushy
Racer

United Kingdom
Rushy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Changed Kart Now: Nowa Kart NR-1
New Class: KF3

Pretty Fast ^^
Old 20 Mar 2008, 15:27 (Ref:2157341)   #71
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Rushy where do KF1,2 & 3 fit in withr egards to the old Ica, Jica, Formula A etc?
Old 20 Mar 2008, 15:31 (Ref:2157346)   #72
Rushy
Racer

United Kingdom
well i only had a go on a old jica engine a couple years back and i would say that the kf3 has more top end but a little less bottom, cant really comment on the other classes

i been looking at a few times and kf2 and kf1 are very close on the times to the ICA and FA
KF3 was about 4 tenths faster than the jica

Last edited by Rushy; 20 Mar 2008 at 15:39.
Old 12 Sep 2008, 23:50 (Ref:2288534)   #73
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
Whats your class?

Clubman Light (now retired)

Chassis?

Arrow AX6

Championship?

Yes I was in one ??? Best result was 4th in championship (2 points away from 3rd place trophy )

Opinions?

I really gotta buy another kart one day , I'd love to get into a rotax.

P.S Pretty boring huh ?

Ohhh thought I would finally update this

3 years ago I posted the above comments so here goes my updated profile

What's your class

Rotax (currently restricted) can run Light class but currently leading up to heavy as there are more karts in that class

Chassis?

Arrow AX9

Championship

Only had one meeting so far , just running my local club championship

Opinions?

Just really happy to be back
Old 20 Sep 2008, 04:06 (Ref:2294073)   #74
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Started Karting at age 12, never got to begin racing, was going to do kart racing in Thailand in the Thailand 125cc ICA championship but i moved back to Australia, now i hope to do karting at a local club on or near the Gold Coast.
Old 23 Jan 2009, 09:52 (Ref:2377402)   #75
Rushy
Racer

United Kingdom
changed kart and class twice since then haha

did a bit of kf2 in france with the nowa

now concentrating on KF1 super1 with a tonykart and also a Tecno chassis