Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Jun 2018, 10:50 (Ref:3831840)   #31
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
The only reality check is that a guy with 3 crew and a trailer can run in the top 5 doesn't say much for the professionalism and competitiveness of the series at all. It's just like GT3 but slower and more boring.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
How awful. A set of regulations where the little guy has a chance against the bigger teams.

What a ridiculous view of motor racing

A series isn't unprofessional just because the little guys have a chance of doing well.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 10:56 (Ref:3831844)   #32
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Actually it means even a professional race team can't make a difference because there is so little you can do to the cars, so why don't we run it like the Toyota 86 series?

Old 19 Jun 2018, 11:19 (Ref:3831848)   #33
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it says more about the affordability and user-friendliness of the ruleset.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 12:03 (Ref:3831854)   #34
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I think it says more about the affordability and user-friendliness of the ruleset.
Unfortunately you can I have different definitions of affordability. To me these are production cars which are 2 or 3 times the price they should be to buy.

Old 19 Jun 2018, 12:04 (Ref:3831855)   #35
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Unfortunately you can I have different definitions of affordability. To me these are production cars which are 2 or 3 times the price they should be to buy.

Remarkably similar to the 86 series then.....

That's why people with no sense of humour have an increased sense of self-importance.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 14:29 (Ref:3831883)   #36
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

They're not production cars, in the way that we have them here in the APCC, or the 86s, or the Excels, Pulsars, etc.

Maybe you need to have a closer look at them, and see all the racecar bits they have.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 15:48 (Ref:3831898)   #37
E.B
Veteran

Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I feel there are a lot of people scratching for reasons not to like them.
Perhaps as they did when Group A came to be or was in the 'pre-happening' stage?
Time will tell if it is a bit of a NIMBY approach.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 15:58 (Ref:3831901)   #38
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I feel there are a lot of people scratching for reasons not to like them.
It's funny because I have been downloading and watching the races long before it was talked about on here. I drive a Golf and I like the class, but people are barking up the wrong tree if they think this is ever going to be anything significant in Australia.

These would be an entertaining class running around with the GTs, BUT I fail to see why anybody would spend Carrera Cup money to go so slow, and be in such an uninspiring vehicle, especially when the VAG makes are all the same bits, running in 4 different body shells. Hyundai and Kia will do the same thing, without a doubt.

They may have nice race car bits but they are still droning 4-pot bum draggers, none of which makes for spectacular racing.

If the manufacturers wanted a fleet of these things racing against each other in their names, they could easily do it, but they are instead profiteering on it.
Old 20 Jun 2018, 01:33 (Ref:3831992)   #39
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
He's running up against factory-assisted teams, such as WRT who won the Bathurst 12hr this year. I'm guessing they also tow their fleet of cars behind high-milage vans, and sleep in half-day rate motels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer
The only reality check is that a guy with 3 crew and a trailer can run in the top 5 doesn't say much for the professionalism and competitiveness of the series at all. It's just like GT3 but slower and more boring.
And another reality check
Old 20 Jun 2018, 01:39 (Ref:3831993)   #40
Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!
Whilst we know what the cars are based on overseas experience / material, we don't have anything concrete at this point on who'll be running the series, where it will be running (I suspect Shannons Nationals but let's see what comes) or what brands / teams are likely or confirmed to be taking part.

In my view, until those things at least are known, it's pretty hard to form any meaningful opinion on where it might sit in the overall Oz circuit racing landscape.
Old 20 Jun 2018, 01:41 (Ref:3831994)   #41
Umai Naa
Veteran

It may not get off the ground here at all. I won't lose any sleep over it.

If it does, great.
Old 20 Jun 2018, 05:54 (Ref:3832010)   #42
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It may not get off the ground here at all. I won't lose any sleep over it.

If it does, great.
I hope its exciting as the Truck/Ute series. !
Old 20 Jun 2018, 06:06 (Ref:3832014)   #43
Umai Naa
Veteran

If it falls over, at least they'll be able to offload a TCR car to another series
Old 20 Jun 2018, 06:07 (Ref:3832015)   #44
Mixer
Veteran

Maybe Paul Pickett could run the i30n out of his "shop"

Old 20 Jun 2018, 07:04 (Ref:3832020)   #45
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
I hope its exciting as the Truck/Ute series. !
Hilarious