Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 5 Aug 2004, 16:10 (Ref:1057174)   #1
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
F1 20004 Ps2

Has anyone else got that game yet. If you are interested in f1 and have a p;aystation 2 you should buy it . The graphics are exactly like an on-bored camera on the box and it is an exciting game to play. I did a 27 lap race around Barhain in the Jaguar and came 16th and im good on these games thats how hard it is but its great fun.
Any thoughts??
Old 5 Aug 2004, 16:13 (Ref:1057178)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's a lot of discussion of this sort of thing in the "Armchair Enthusiast" forum.

http://tentenths.com/forum/forumdisp...?s=&forumid=24
Old 5 Aug 2004, 16:16 (Ref:1057181)   #3
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Sorry k.B
Old 5 Aug 2004, 16:34 (Ref:1057197)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why are you apologising? I was trying to be helpful!

Old 5 Aug 2004, 17:02 (Ref:1057220)   #5
Giando
Racer

Giando should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ehi, Dan!
I've bought this game 5 days ago: exactly the same sensation as yours!

Very difficult, good graphics, especially for the shape of the bodyworks,
good light, and a very high speed feeling.

I believe we both have to modify our approach to the driving mood
if compared with old games (Gp3 or Gp4 and the EA Sports issues):
i wonder if we now finally have to drive the same the current drivers do... which is interesting. (I mean, the game seems very realistic in the driving feeling: you have to be conentrated all the time - in simulation mode, semi pro, anyway! And braking spaces are difficult to find -see Interlagos).

And I've tried the new Shangai circuit: it's wonderful! And difficult, full of points where overtaking is allowed!

I have a Logitech GT Driving Force steering wheel and the force feedback is great! The s.w. is heavy to move and you get tired in some laps!
And vibrations are connected with the engine vibes at high speed!

And you?
Old 5 Aug 2004, 18:25 (Ref:1057299)   #6
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Yeah its great. I have it set on a.i difficulty..(Pro)..and diffuculty semi pro and i know what you mean run wide or brake a bit early and you will lose a place. The shanghai circuit is my favourite track tho that is the 1 track i can come from the back on and win. I enjoy Bahrain but its very hard to do well on that track for me.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 09:11 (Ref:1057945)   #7
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I just bought it today...awesome!Bahrain is really tough, and I haven't tried Shanghai yet. I like the career mode and the chance to unlock old cars....better than F1 2002's safety car feature for sure!
Old 6 Aug 2004, 11:15 (Ref:1058081)   #8
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awesome game, although carrer mode annoys me, cant get the hang of Interlagos and its has the vortices which is great except they go on for a few meters, has anyone unlocked any of the bonus cars yet?

How?
Old 6 Aug 2004, 11:52 (Ref:1058117)   #9
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good game, although i can't get my head, or my car for that matter, around the newly built sections like in Catalunya or France...

Heaps better than anything EA produced for the PS2 recently, for sure!
Old 6 Aug 2004, 14:21 (Ref:1058298)   #10
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Catalunya part is very deceiving because the old track is still there with not even cones in the way!
France in no probs for me tho
Old 6 Aug 2004, 19:11 (Ref:1058633)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hate Bahrain, really difficult to get a rythm going. It's a poor track IMO.

I can't do Brazil either, nor Catalunya. I think they are more down to setup, because I'm on the limit and struggling to finish in the points.

Love Shanghai, quite a good track and those structures on the start straight are awesome.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 20:28 (Ref:1058732)   #12
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bahrain is just slow corners and straights, it's too stop & go. A1 Ring was a far better attempt at that.
My problem with F1 04 is that the cars are not really great in terms of graphics, compared to computer games.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 23:18 (Ref:1058891)   #13
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
F1 04 also feels arcadey IMO, probabaly because i dont have a FFB Wheel (or any wheel) for PS2
Old 7 Aug 2004, 11:47 (Ref:1059214)   #14
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have a real dilemma...
On one hand i can use my MOMO and go quite fast but cannot use the buttons (with the exception of 'up', 'down' and 'X')
And on the other hand when i use the standard controller i go at least a full 2 seconds slower than the wheel but i can use the buttons with it...

It's just frustrating that you can't use the controller and the wheel at the same time in the races...

It's all pre-planned to make the gamer cough up some more hard earned cash to buy a bloody new wheel with every god damn new game they make!

Last edited by ASCII Man; 7 Aug 2004 at 11:49.
Old 7 Aug 2004, 11:55 (Ref:1059223)   #15
BIGMOUTH
Racer

BIGMOUTH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
XBOX is soooo much better than PS2. But I wish Sony didn't have the exclusive F1 rights!
Old 7 Aug 2004, 11:58 (Ref:1059227)   #16
ASCII Man
Veteran

Maybe it's because the Xbox came out much later than the PS2?
Old 7 Aug 2004, 12:04 (Ref:1059236)   #17
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by BIGMOUTH
XBOX is soooo much better than PS2. But I wish Sony didn't have the exclusive F1 rights!
Do you own both?
Old 7 Aug 2004, 12:16 (Ref:1059249)   #18
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The graphics are not great at all compared to f1 2002 and wheres the expert Martin Brunbell doing the commertry along side James Allen in stead whe have a stupid voice saying o'dear you have crashed?
Old 7 Aug 2004, 14:34 (Ref:1059350)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You're obviously playing on Arcade mode then....
Old 12 Aug 2004, 16:37 (Ref:1064069)   #20
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Why not....they make a much better game the Electronic arts did IMVHO
Old 12 Aug 2004, 16:40 (Ref:1064074)   #21
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Luke if you go onto simulation and then to race weekend skip to qually and the first thing you hear will be Martin Brundle sayin "And the pit lane has just opened to begin qualyfing 1, and the next car out will be Zsolt Baumgartner" its actually good commentary!
Old 12 Aug 2004, 19:45 (Ref:1064266)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The commentary is quite good....but I've started a full length races championship and it starts to get annoying. Martin and James run through the top 8 and all the retirements very slowly at the end of each lap.

I'm going to knock them off if they don't shut it!