Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 2 Jul 2000, 22:49 (Ref:20987)   #1
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say better than some, not as good as others. I still wish the "restrictor plate" dilema could be solved, this would make for better racing, but again, I've seen worse races.
Old 3 Jul 2000, 02:47 (Ref:21016)   #2
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A real snoozer in the beginning but it got a little more interesting in the second half of the race. I think NASCAR should scrap the government issued shock idea.
Old 3 Jul 2000, 03:00 (Ref:21018)   #3
Lee
Racer

I don't know about the shocks Joe, I still think the biggest problem lies with the #&!^$*&% restrictor plates! The cars don't have enough power or accelaration to get out of their own way, much less out of trouble. NASCAR either can't, or won't (personnaly I believe won't) do anything about them. Oh they will run "test" of things, and claim they are trying to do something, but the fact is, they want to see the tight packed freight trains! Sadly, they will not do anything until one of the "Big Ones" (wrecks) cost someone their lifes, then they will be forced to do something. That's my opinion, but NASCAR, today is only intrested in money, and everything, including driver safety comes second to $$$$$$$$ for them.
Old 3 Jul 2000, 03:09 (Ref:21019)   #4
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Lee about the plates. They are the biggest factor for the lack of passing. It wasn't so bad in the early days, when the cars still made a huge hole in the air, so much that the plates wouldn't affect the ability to get a run without help, but now with the aerodynamic cars, there's such a tiny hole there's no throttle response at all. Take out the first 50 rows of seats and take the plates off. They were designed mainly to keep cars from flipping, but the roof flaps do a btetter job, and although we do see some flips, they are freak things. As we have seen even this year, death in auto racing is more a freak occurence that can happen anywhere, rather than just something that occurs magically over 200 mph.
Old 3 Jul 2000, 03:39 (Ref:21022)   #5
Lee
Racer

HeelToe6,
As always, well said. I couldn't agree more. Take care.
Old 4 Jul 2000, 07:24 (Ref:21337)   #6
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am no fan of the smaller restrictor plate but I still think the problem is the government issued shocks. I think NASCAR let the teams use their own shocks on the fronts after the first Daytona race but they need to scrap the govt issued shocks for the rear.