Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Aug 2017, 16:26 (Ref:3762028)   #51
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
maybe Mr. Gow might as well just give the title to Sutton and we don't need to bother watching the rest , only Turks can beat him but only if the Subaru boost is cut

Sutton 312
Turkington 300
Shedden 257
Collard 256
Boost cut? The car is big slow on the straight. They are doing a brilliant job on the chassis so why hammer them
For doing a good job? Remember. BMW won the race....
Old 27 Aug 2017, 16:32 (Ref:3762029)   #52
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honda did a brillaint job early days of NGTC they were massively cut
Old 27 Aug 2017, 16:33 (Ref:3762030)   #53
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just want to say that the best thing about the sport that happened today is that the Scooby of Cole won.

I love the way it has been for the title leading Sutton, and the sport is a great more competitive than the previous season

I was happy to see the Merc of Morgan and the MG of Cook up the front of the field and the only thing I can say is that the drivers have a right to be angry at Cook. I am glad that he was punished for the punt on the Ford. I am also happy to see that the Chevy of Smiley is more competitive than usual.

I don't know why Collard thinks he can just move over on other people who are alongside him and he certainly seems to be looking out of the race for the title and the race is also getting a bit more harder for the Honda of Flash too.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 16:36 (Ref:3762031)   #54
porsche962fan
Veteran

Colin says that essentially they can't compete with Subarus even when they have ballast

and now Tim Harvey says BMW and Honda are down on boost..
Old 27 Aug 2017, 16:38 (Ref:3762033)   #55
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is Harvey talking about?!!! A BMW JUST WON THE RACE! Can't be that much wrong with it. WSR whyning - seems to part of their engineering tools....
Old 27 Aug 2017, 16:39 (Ref:3762034)   #56
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
What is Harvey talking about?!!! A BMW JUST WON THE RACE! Can't be that much wrong with it. WSR whyning - seems to part of their engineering tools....
You know it was a reverse grid right?
Old 27 Aug 2017, 17:07 (Ref:3762040)   #57
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair to Subaru (as much as it pains me to say so) they are around the same speed as the BMWs in a straight line so the advantage they are getting is not down to them having a top speed advantage, only the Honda's seem to be worse off in straight-line speed.

Saying that however, the Subaru set fastest lap in race 2 with 66 kilos of ballast and the hard tyre, 1.2 seconds faster than the BMW and in race 3 even with full ballast it set fastest lap about a quarter of a second faster than anyone else which surely suggests that the speed is coming from how the car is handling in the corners so if anything is the Centre of gravity where the car is getting it's advantage?
Old 27 Aug 2017, 17:12 (Ref:3762042)   #58
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon411 View Post
the car is handling in the corners so if anything is the Centre of gravity where the car is getting it's advantage?
the boxer engine.... the others can't use one cos none in the road car programs

and Tim Harvey said it out loud that BMW and Honda are strangled too much
Old 27 Aug 2017, 17:25 (Ref:3762043)   #59
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

and Tim Harvey said it out loud that BMW and Honda are strangled too much
I don't wish to be rude, but you do seem to suffer from selective hearing. Either that, or you just select those pieces of comments that are made which suit your current position.

In virtually the same breath that Harvey spoke about the boost on the Honda, he also said that at some circuits the Hondas are almost untouchable, and that possibly the reason that Sheddon had had a couple of bad weekends was that the circuits did not suit the current car, and consequently that he was possibly taking too many risks.

This is a championship of 30 races held over 10 weekends on different circuits - Brands Indy and GP circuits are different - and the driver and/or car that wins the championship will be the one that has done the best job overall.

It's not as if the same driver/car combo has won all 24 races that have been held so far, and nor has it been 24 podiums with only Subaru drivers on them.

Apart from the bumper car aspects of the racing, this is one of the best seasons for many a year in my humble opinion.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 18:04 (Ref:3762057)   #60
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Honda did a brillaint job early days of NGTC they were massively cut
And now Subaru are doing a brilliant job and are already massively cut.

Sometimes, some teams do a better job than others. Right now, Sutton/BMR seem to be doing the best job in the field when it comes to consistency and maximising opportunities.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 18:06 (Ref:3762058)   #61
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Should all BTCC cars be made to run the same engine?
Old 27 Aug 2017, 18:15 (Ref:3762064)   #62
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Should all BTCC cars be made to run the same engine?
it's a different configuration of engine not your usual in line 4

here a quick crash course for anyone who haven't a clue what boxer engine is

boxer engine , flay with a very low centre of gravity

everyone else a inline 4 which has high centre of gravity

Last edited by porsche962fan; 27 Aug 2017 at 18:22.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 18:23 (Ref:3762069)   #63
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
Don't want to add fire to the RWD vs FWD / Subaru boost debate, but noticed that -

R1 Snett - Subaru wins
R2 Snett - Subaru wins
R1 Knock - Subaru wins
R2 Knock - Subaru wins
R1 Rock - Subaru wins
R2 Rock - Subaru wins

Again, not giving my opinion on the matter so don't be angry at me! Just the facts.
They're damned well engineered cars with decent peddlers in them.

Why not troll an F1 forum about the Mercedes? Or a Nascar one about Joe Gibbs Toyota? Or a football thread about Manchester United?

Having only managed to see the final round so far the cars seemed pretty equal at the front: Plato's Subaru, Collards BMW, Goffs Honda and Jordans BMW running line astern. If the boost favoured any of them we would have seen easy overtakes along the straight. I never saw any...
Old 27 Aug 2017, 18:26 (Ref:3762072)   #64
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
it's a different configuration of engine not your usual in line 4

here a quick crash course for anyone who haven't a clue what boxer engine is

boxer engine , flay with a very low centre of gravity

everyone else a inline 4 which has high centre of gravity
The question still remains - should all BTCC cars be made to run the same engine?
Old 27 Aug 2017, 18:28 (Ref:3762073)   #65
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
The question still remains - should all BTCC cars be made to run the same engine?
they could be forced to use all an inline 4 cylinders and be done with it
Old 27 Aug 2017, 18:31 (Ref:3762076)   #66
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
In my opinion, no. The BTCC is about competition between drivers, between engineers, between chassis and between engines.

Those who want to watch a competition that is about drivers and engineers but with near identical motor cars have many choices already: plenty of which run on the BTCC package - Clios, Ginettas and Porsches.

Last edited by Alfisti; 27 Aug 2017 at 18:39.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 18:37 (Ref:3762078)   #67
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Whilst on the subject of engines, why 4 cylinders anyway?

BMW could run a 6 cylinder potentially - you can buy a 6 cylinder 1 series. I haven't looked at btcc rules by the way to see if this would be permitted.

Honda expects the bulk of new Civic sales to be the 1 litre 3 cylinder petrol. Why not a 3 then? Less power maybe but a lot less weight too. I remember WSR dropping the 6 cylinder engine from the MG ZS for that very reason in favour of a 4.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 18:46 (Ref:3762084)   #68
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad someone cleared up the difference between a boxer engine and inline-four on here...

I'm going to be totally honest now and say that I want Ash to win the Championship. He's been wonderful to watch this year, is a nice down to earth lad and would be a great addition to the list of champions.

And with that I have no doubt cursed him. Apologies in advance.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 18:56 (Ref:3762086)   #69
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Whilst on the subject of engines, why 4 cylinders anyway?

BMW could run a 6 cylinder potentially - you can buy a 6 cylinder 1 series. I haven't looked at btcc rules by the way to see if this would be permitted.

Honda expects the bulk of new Civic sales to be the 1 litre 3 cylinder petrol. Why not a 3 then? Less power maybe but a lot less weight too. I remember WSR dropping the 6 cylinder engine from the MG ZS for that very reason in favour of a 4.
The choice of engine has to be 2-litre, and from the brand's 'family'
Old 27 Aug 2017, 18:58 (Ref:3762087)   #70
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
they could be forced to use all an inline 4 cylinders and be done with it
Which would mean a re-write of the technical regulations that all teams have agreed will be unchanged until 2022.

If you want to force Subaru out of BTCC, that's the way to go.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 19:02 (Ref:3762088)   #71
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Which would mean a re-write of the technical regulations that all teams have agreed will be unchanged until 2022.

If you want to force Subaru out of BTCC, that's the way to go.
oh please that's why the meeting at end of season are for, nothing is ever truly set in stone

Subaru will leave the BTCC sooner or later anyway, that's how things work out

if even Mat Jackson who is not in the championship fight laments this aspects it can become dangerous to protect interests of ONE team versus the interest of the entire other field specially with TCR looming at the door
Old 27 Aug 2017, 19:08 (Ref:3762090)   #72
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
The choice of engine has to be 2-litre, and from the brand's 'family'
Thanks for that. Explains it all and as an added bonus I don't have to wade through rules and regs to get the answer! 😀
Old 27 Aug 2017, 19:42 (Ref:3762098)   #73
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One race ban for Cook. Team have appealed
Old 27 Aug 2017, 19:50 (Ref:3762106)   #74
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just hope that he doesn't keep up this poor driving he has certainly been using
Old 27 Aug 2017, 19:52 (Ref:3762109)   #75
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
One race ban for Cook. Team have appealed
Excuse my ignorance - one race or one weekend (3 races)?