Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 27 Dec 2006, 21:46 (Ref:1800088)   #1
gwar
Racer

gwar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NASCAR TV coverage in the UK

Hello everyone, does anyone know which package; channel will offer nascar in the uk from feb onwards, either pay as u go or full season, i,ve tried to get answers from sky...ntl...ect....help
Old 28 Dec 2006, 10:32 (Ref:1800346)   #2
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motors TV (Sky 413) has shown the Busch series (some/most live) through 2006, I think Cup stuff is on NASN - which you pay for.

Sky won't help unless it's ball related!!

Rob.
Old 28 Dec 2006, 10:34 (Ref:1800348)   #3
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Five US shows it which you get through Sky - and it used to be on 5 late on a Tues night as well so maybe they'll show some of that too.
Old 28 Dec 2006, 13:08 (Ref:1800522)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cup racing is on NASN this year as usual, as far as I know. This is just over a tenner a month I think, which is worth it IMO because there is a race every week more or less.

Busch Series will be on MotorsTV again as stated above.

And of course, if you can wait for some seriously condensed highlights, NASN shows a free view on the Wednesday after the race and Five shows them too, as Suze points out.
Old 28 Dec 2006, 21:30 (Ref:1800758)   #5
gwar
Racer

gwar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers, Decisions......
Old 2 Jan 2007, 12:36 (Ref:1803383)   #6
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The NASN/Setanta package is £15 a month. For that you get all the Cup races live. You also get the Hooters Pro Cup.

Also included in the package is Setanta Ireland which shows a bit of Irish motorsport and UK rallycross.
Old 2 Jan 2007, 12:55 (Ref:1803432)   #7
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Five US shows it which you get through Sky - and it used to be on 5 late on a Tues night as well so maybe they'll show some of that too.
Five US is now on Freeview as well
Old 2 Jan 2007, 13:23 (Ref:1803456)   #8
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TBH an hour is quite good as four hours can get a bit boring.

Seriously there is also alot of other good US sport on NASN. Worth the money if that is what you like.
Old 2 Jan 2007, 19:30 (Ref:1804188)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can dig four hours.
Old 5 Jan 2007, 10:05 (Ref:1806884)   #10
simon194
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hastings, East Sussex
simon194 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want to know if the Nextel Cup coverage is going to be affected by ESPN buying NASN.

The press release said ESPN will be taking over all NASN's current rights but prior to the agreement, NASN was still in negotiations for coverage of this year's season.

NASCAR aside, apparently NASN is going to be rebranded ESPN UK when the deal is concluded and may become part of the Sky Sports/World package which will be good news because it will save me £15 a month.
Old 5 Jan 2007, 13:43 (Ref:1807441)   #11
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suggest you ask some direct questions of NASN before parting with your hard earned. My understanding from other forums was that the contract to show Nextel Cup live was in its last year in 06 and I have not heard anything about it being renewed (or otherwise).
Old 29 Jan 2007, 07:14 (Ref:1828311)   #12
MrSal2
Rookie

MrSal2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I sent an e-mail to nasn about next seasons coverage of nextel because the website still suggests they are in negotiation. Apart from the usual 'lots of words, no straight answer' gumph that they always seem to provide, they said that they should be able to announce whether they will be showing the races late Jan/early Fen. ie imminently!
Old 31 Jan 2007, 17:24 (Ref:1830416)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

If they say no, I'll be cross as I am still bound to their services until August!
Old 31 Jan 2007, 19:31 (Ref:1830512)   #14
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think mine runs out around then too.
I've just visited the NASN website this is what they are still saying
Quote:
We are currently in negotiations with NASCAR regarding coverage for the upcoming season. As soon as there is anything to report on the situation, we will announce it here.
Old 2 Feb 2007, 16:34 (Ref:1832011)   #15
MrSal2
Rookie

MrSal2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the reply I got from nasn when I e-mailed them

Thank you for contacting NASN - the only TV channel dedicated to North American sports in Europe.

I can confirm that we have no confirmation as yet regarding future programming, as a result of the recent announcement about ESPN acquiring NASN, although NASN will still remain part of the Setanta Sports Package, t here is currently no further information available at this time. All future updates regarding our programming will be announced via our website, Please continue to visit www.nasn.com for all the latest news, updates and announcements which are released on our website in the first instance, as soon as they are available.

NASN are in negotiations with NASCAR regarding this years coverage but we do not expect to make an announcement regarding NASCAR coverage until nearer the end of January/start of February, as the next season does not start until February.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding the channel. We do work very hard to please our subscribers and I can confirm that your comments have been forwarded to our programming and selection team for review and consideration.
Old 2 Feb 2007, 16:42 (Ref:1832015)   #16
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The bog standard doesn't give you any more answers and isn't helpful email...great!
Old 2 Feb 2007, 18:01 (Ref:1832066)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well the season starts next weekend and the 500 proper is on the 18th. So they better get their skates on with this announcement.

If I get no NASCAR coverage the anger and hatred I will feel will be indescribable.
Old 2 Feb 2007, 20:43 (Ref:1832149)   #18
Suze
Veteran

England
Maybe I'm being too pessimistic but I can't see it happening at the moment...it's so tight and surely if they were going to do it they would have made an announcement by now?
Old 2 Feb 2007, 21:05 (Ref:1832166)   #19
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hate to be the bringer of even worse news, but it appears that MotorsTV won't have NASCAR Busch series at all in 2007.

Quote:
Motors is dissapointed that they cannot show NBS anymore this season.. Two principal reasons: - new requirements of their American friends concerning the rights of retransmission; they understood well that the NBS was very gravitational and want to touch the dividends immediately of them... - the fact that Motors TV, in same time, cannot be allowed to increase in a considerable way its budget purchases.

Furthermore, they hope there will be a deal in the last second. They cross the fingers, but I don´t belive in it. Thanks for the last years with NBS live on Motors..
The source is a translation from one of the French commentators posting on the MotorsTV forums, on the French language side of the website.
Old 2 Feb 2007, 21:23 (Ref:1832175)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Oh... flip me!
Old 2 Feb 2007, 21:24 (Ref:1832178)   #21
Suze
Veteran

England
I swear there is a God against showing anything NASCAR related....
Old 3 Feb 2007, 00:32 (Ref:1832287)   #22
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Damn

I hope they show it this year on Fox Sports in australia, just to realy rile up Knowlsey.

They used to chuck the NBS highlights after the Nextel Highlights and they'd allways go about 30min into the program "IN CASE YOU HAVE NOT HEARD THE RESULTS ABOUT YESTERDAYS THRILLING RACE I WILL TELL YOU KNOW! OMG OMG OMG! DALE EARNHARDT TOOK OUT CARL EDWARDS. LETS LOOK AT IT NOW!" Thanks guys, I was going to watch that....
Old 3 Feb 2007, 12:23 (Ref:1832516)   #23
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan
I hate to be the bringer of even worse news, but it appears that MotorsTV won't have NASCAR Busch series at all in 2007.

The source is a translation from one of the French commentators posting on the MotorsTV forums, on the French language side of the website.
No Busch & BTCC
Old 3 Feb 2007, 13:35 (Ref:1832551)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

May as well change the title of the channel to SportscarsTV.
Old 3 Feb 2007, 14:01 (Ref:1832562)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well, it just doesn't look all that positive really does it?

http://www.crash.net/news_view.asp?c...=142760&bhcp=1

Put it this way, I'd be surprised if they managed to get NASCAR on air for the gatorade duels. But it looks more like we won't get any coverage for some months after some searching around and gauging the general consensus.