Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 13 Mar 2007, 09:03 (Ref:1865394)   #251
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle not
Otherwise you would have to compare "all" the experience of the drivers.
Yeah, which would be a mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
It's important not to focus too much on how Stewarts results compared with JPM's also. Stewart obtained great results and set the bar really high for rookies. I would be surprised to see many drivers matching that. It is hard to compare two rather different situations.

It is a nice yardstick though all the same and certainly interesting to look at as the season unfolds!
Yes I should probably have added that the comparison I'm doing in the other thread is more of a fun thing, rather than an attempt to figure out which of the two is "the better driver" (which, in my opinion, is quite hard seeing as both drivers are incredible talents that have come up through very different paths).

Since Stewart's impressive rookie season in 1999 we've seen several others that have really stood out, like Jimmie Johnson and Ryan Newman in 2002 and Denny Hamlin last year, but somehow it feels more fitting comparing Montoya to Stewart since both have successfully raced US open-wheelers.
Old 13 Mar 2007, 23:01 (Ref:1866009)   #252
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting as I was only really pulling you Montoya fan's leg when I posted what I did and it sparked a well thought out reasoned discussion...

Should do it more often maybe?
Old 13 Mar 2007, 23:29 (Ref:1866033)   #253
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I gathered you were pulling legs there Hazza, but damnit we all had to respond anyways!