Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Sep 2020, 07:47 (Ref:4002371)   #26
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Chaps, I was a little rusty/scruffy in morning practice, Qualifying was a little better, car behaved impeccably.

Race 1 I moosed the start, wheel spin, lifted, bogged it down and god swamped . . . . had a good battle with Gavins 12ft wide Guillietta and clawed back what I'd lost.

I felt a lot more relaxed going out for race 2, got a proper start and had a brief dice with an A40 then got the mini, felt I was comfortably ahead but just couldn't catch the Triumph or Riley 2.5, maybe if I'd over driven I may have been a bit faster but then I'd have made a mistake and let the mini past!

Richards old Triumph has lost a bit of its originality in being resprayed but boy is it a lot quicker. God knows whats going on with the Riley, but that's even quicker than last time I raced with it. Interesting as my car hasn't changed.

I've been using Harrys lap timer via a GPS box thing and my phone, which suggested some slightly different lap times to TSL, I think it starts/stops at a slightly different spot to the transponders. Anyway I managed several sub 52s laps according to that which is a PB over laps 10 years ago with a bigger engine. I was happy with that.

It was a really nice relaxed meeting, plenty of space, the format worked really well, no one wants an endurance race of such a short circuit! the 7 P's paid off as we drove the car on the trailer at the end of the day with nothing more than scruffy tyres and a near empty fuel tank.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 13:29 (Ref:4002448)   #27
davidhjones
Rookie

United Kingdom
Aldington, Kent
davidhjones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a great relaxed meeting that went pretty well without incident - I was also there in my diminutive A35 Academy car (126) - but unlike last year I managed to keep it upright and had really good time - four pretty hectic races all started from the back but I made up 5 places on the start of the first Sears race and had similar fortune in the Allstars - some clean dices with a couple of Speedwell A35s an Alfa and an MGA gave me some exciting moments - a nice event that I trust becomes a fixture.
Old 14 Sep 2020, 16:20 (Ref:4002474)   #28
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Some in car footage . . .odd circuit Lydden, seems to be a multitude of lines available with similar times, and a few odd bumps here and there too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8PoQmURze8&t=17s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW4EIORorPQ&t=1s
Old 15 Sep 2020, 09:18 (Ref:4002553)   #29
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good work disposing of the Alfa in race 1 and the mini in race 2 didn't want to give the place up either! Watched the races from Chessons, much steeper approach from a drivers point of view!
Old 15 Sep 2020, 09:34 (Ref:4002556)   #30
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I spend most of practice and qual watching the oil pressure gauge round Chessons . . . . . old habits die hard. I kept hitting a bump at Pilgrims which really unsettles the front of the car, makes the wheel wobble. Lacked a bit of confidence going into Paddock too . . . . just rusty. I love the fact you can take different lines when racing without really hurting lap times. Particularly the approach to devils elbow and north bend when trying to slingshot and over take. All good fun.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 16:30 (Ref:4002629)   #31
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Definitely conflicted with the battle with the beautiful Giulietta, you big bully

And apologies for crediting you with 7th in the second race,as I saw when checking later you were 6th.