Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 5 Aug 2006, 14:05 (Ref:1674130)   #1
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Online Open Wheel Racing RPG GAME!

Hey Everyone, I wasn't sure where to post this, but I've developed a Online Racing RPG game called Formula - X. It's Open Wheel Racing as it should be in my mind, and I hope all of you will at least take the time to check it out. I've been developing the website for about a month and half now and how the game will work. So Please if you love writing, creating storylines, and racing please check my site out. Below is a discription of the Game. The Rules are on he actual page if you want to look at those.

Here is the Link To The Site: http://www.angelfire.com/planet/formulax/

Formula - X is an Open Wheel Racing Online Role Playing Game that takes the skill elements of role playing and applies them to driver performance. Then combines them with the technical side of racing of a crew chiefs strategy for a season in the equipment he purchases, and how best he utilizes his equipment for his driver's and applies for his strategy in each race. Mix that all in with the natural luck/reliability factor that every race winner's needs and you have the formula for what I hope will make for a very exciting role playing game.

As a role player, you can choose from role playing as just a Driver, or take on a more serious and involved role and start your own team as a Crew Chief / Owner. Don't fret if you want to do both, you can role play as a Crew Chief and also as driver for your own team as well. As a crew Chief you will be responsible for choosing your teams equipment for the entire season, budget your teams salary, and choosing your teams strategy for every race. You will have sign drivers to contracts, and lure sponsorships to your teams. As a driver you will role play for qualifying and for races, all the while trying to keep your driver seat by impressing your owner and in the process getting a bigger contract for the next year.

This will be the ultimate online racing game, no 3D lagging races, no costly 50$ game to buy, and a friendly enviroment with great interaction. This is a fun free environment where your imagination and writing skills can entertain you for hours on end. Qualifying results and Race results will be posted weekly in a text based form, presented in a way that live events are presented on Saturdays and Sundays. So now that you know a little about what this game is all about if your interested head to the rules page, read those, and if you're ready to get started, fill out application, ether as a driver or a team owner and then post it in the correct forum.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 21:36 (Ref:1675982)   #2
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This looks interesting, might just give it a go.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 22:06 (Ref:1676010)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah. I think I will as well.
Old 7 Aug 2006, 23:48 (Ref:1677147)   #4
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Seriously guys, I can't tell you how fun this will be, and sadly I can't really show you until we start and to start we need 20 drivers and 10 teams at least. This form of game is very popular in other forms of sport such as Wrestling, and other fighting sports. I know it can be popular for Racing to, and I think the way I've made this game will make it super fun for race fans. So please sign up and give'er a go you will not regret it.
Old 8 Aug 2006, 12:58 (Ref:1677598)   #5
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds fascinating. Count me in mate.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 8 Aug 2006, 18:45 (Ref:1677822)   #6
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Formula X

Cool man, just fill out an Aplication for a Team Owner or a Driver, Or both is you want to do both. Also try to get some of your friends to join, so we can get started sooner.
Old 14 Aug 2006, 17:26 (Ref:1682406)   #7
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
So Far

Okay so far we have we have two teams "Biggs Toyota Racing" and "Red Bull Gordon Racing" and four Drivers. We have a 3rd team garenteed on its way but that owner has not been able to post his application yet for Approval. Right now im looking for anyone who would like to try something new and fun who ether like to be a Driver or a Team Owner, or even better both. Please Please check out are site and give it some thought. This is going to be crap loads of fun but we need more people.

Thanks everyone.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 04:13 (Ref:1684641)   #8
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
update

New update, we are now up to 3 teams, and 4 drivers. We still have a long way to go to get to 10 teams but I'm confident will get there. Please if you intrested at all please drop an application in.
Old 20 Aug 2006, 19:58 (Ref:1687689)   #9
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd like to apply, but there is one thing that concerns me.

There should be more of a tradeoff in some aspects rather than some things being the same I.E. A powerful engine with a medium weight that is more suited to use as a hand grenade.

Also, how are the races simulated? Instead of dice, www.random.org is quite useful
Old 25 Aug 2006, 13:39 (Ref:1691468)   #10
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Despite how interesting it sounds, your website lack professional touch. There are constant typos, sentences that make no sense, and the whole thing is pretty hard to understand at times. While the concept is very good, and original, you might want to improve your act before you try and attempt to create a game on this scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
Sounds fascinating. Count me in mate.
Well, count me out.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 25 Aug 2006, 20:56 (Ref:1691759)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Constructive comments there Chatters. I'm sure they will be taken on board.
Old 27 Aug 2006, 11:47 (Ref:1693487)   #12
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to agree with chatters here, the general idea of the game is very good, i just dont think the game is anywhere near sorted yet, i will be giving it a miss as well.
Old 19 Mar 2007, 22:55 (Ref:1871830)   #13
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Tom

Hey everyone thanks for the opinions and critiques on the game I tried to come up with last summer. I had given up hope but your ideas for changes and some of the other comments you made have encouraged me to give it another go. I will work on improving the websites look, grammer, and just how the game will work in general and will repost here when I am ready.

Wish me Luck!
Old 19 Mar 2007, 23:39 (Ref:1871866)   #14
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Good luck I'll check back soon as it does look like fun!
Old 20 Mar 2007, 22:08 (Ref:1872619)   #15
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Actually now that I've decided to start over and fix this game concept I would enjoy tons of new ideas, opinions, and critiques. Please Rip me a new butt hole and will not get upset. Tell what you like about the game and what you don't like, so i can make a list of things to fix, change, and add. Be specific!

I think if I get feed back from you guys I can ultimately create a game that people will enjoy and get excitied about.

Thanks guy.
Old 27 Mar 2007, 23:47 (Ref:1878099)   #16
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Come on guys where are your post's now that I welcome you guys to trash my work your no where to be found lol jk, seriously though im checking everyday to see if you have new or more ideas.