Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Feb 2005, 10:34 (Ref:1224175)   #26
Nivola
Racer

Nivola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cavvy i dont know what his plans are but I once got told by him that it was the original. And yes it was the car he used will on a holiday in Italy. It is in the light brown. Its been a few years of work.

I saw it friday out the front of his shop on the tralier as I wasa driving passed. It was one of those moments. Car on tralier - Just see a panel - Brown in color - It's small - Hang on that the "Mighty Mouse".

Sad thing is I never saw it race due to my age <or remember it being 22> but due to those pics i have I new what it was straight away!!!

On the Len Lukey front you are right. By the way i was told two weeks ago that the mini was a random thing for bruce. Along the lines of "we got a mini you want to race it" when he got to the track.
Old 13 Feb 2005, 10:44 (Ref:1224181)   #27
Nivola
Racer

cavvy on the rothmans front my olds say it never ran that decaling here. it was always the GoGear signs. Are you thinking of the RX-7 at this point? since he had about four chasis here over the years < Many visits to the wall in the S's>.
Old 14 Feb 2005, 04:07 (Ref:1224787)   #28
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Nivola...Totally agree with you regarding the website of WASCC...I use to venture to this site for regular info etc and now you can only have input as a member of the club. Good way to turn people off.
Eitherway I tend to take my kids for a viewing on Saturday night (hopefully warm) $50 per carload of 5 people (and how ever many you can hide under the blankets)(ala Claremont Speedway) and basically have a walk about and get a fix b4 the V8's arrive in town.

Speaking of old name going around.......Anyone who knows about WA speedway will have an interest in this.

Ryan Farrell 2nd place in the Australian Sprintcar Championship over the weekend. Fantastic effort to the guy. Takes his chances and drives the highline.

The Legendary Ron Krikke making a return to sprintcars in his Krikke Boys Memorial Race @ Bunbury in March......Hanging to see that!

Lets keep this WA Page going
Old 14 Feb 2005, 05:44 (Ref:1224800)   #29
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Correction folks............Barbagallo Night Masters $30 per car load 5 people.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 06:53 (Ref:1226834)   #30
Nivola
Racer

glad someone is thinking of going!!!! Should be a good night though it will be a stinker from what i hear 36 was what I was told.

Sandgroper if you make it you should go for a hunt near the porsche sheds. The Veskanda is in there or it was last weekend. Got plenty of Cob webs on her but she is there!
Old 16 Feb 2005, 09:41 (Ref:1226976)   #31
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Veskanda is to be driven by John Bowe at thr Philip Island historics ? I've seen the TS Special there in recent years & the Stubber transporter has carried heaps of cars - what is the best Wa historics meet?
Old 16 Feb 2005, 09:41 (Ref:1226980)   #32
cavvy
Veteran

The Veskanda is to be driven by John Bowe at the Philip Island historics ? I've seen the TS Special there in recent years & the Stubber transporter has carried heaps of cars - what is the best Wa historics meet?
Old 17 Feb 2005, 01:37 (Ref:1227808)   #33
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Hey Niv....I shall be there scouring around everywhere to get a petrol fix. Love looking at the various forms of cars old to new. I must say My Stubber would have to be a fave.....The Camaro is a joy to watch slidding around Novus !

Well looks like i wont be needing the jacket then with 36 degree heat. Still a gr8 night to wander around and not get cold!
Old 17 Feb 2005, 03:08 (Ref:1227831)   #34
djt46
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
djt46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone looking for info on the Bunbury circuit, which seems to be a bit stalled, should check out www.pimm.org as that's their official website. BTW it does claim they will have a Japan GT round this year!!
Old 17 Feb 2005, 05:01 (Ref:1227857)   #35
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
I have already started a thread on info and where to find more info on the Bunbury circuit. I was probably one of the first people to know about the race track.

The following is a link to the thread that I started:
Bunbury International Circuit-Western Australia
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65344

Last edited by mabs_nsx; 17 Feb 2005 at 05:02.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 05:30 (Ref:1227872)   #36
djt46
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
djt46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fine, but just passing on info for those who might be reading this thread. As an auto mag editor I have had the press releases for a long time but questions to those in charge about actual work on the ground go unanswered so it's probably another case of too much PR and not enough money, sad but true!
Old 17 Feb 2005, 06:06 (Ref:1227880)   #37
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PIMM's office is up the road from me, I might take a wander up and ask the sttus in the next few days. Bet the answer is non commital though
Old 17 Feb 2005, 09:09 (Ref:1227985)   #38
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabs_nsx
I have already started a thread on info and where to find more info on the Bunbury circuit. I was probably one of the first people to know about the race track.

The following is a link to the thread that I started:
Bunbury International Circuit-Western Australia
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65344
I have had the links and website for this track for a few years now. I think its a dead duck. I doubt much will eventuate from it.

WOuld rather start another thread "AGAIN" about a proposed street circuit for The City of Perth. I believe the V8's only have this year or maybe 1 more contracted. Then its open slather. Hopefully we will keep our round.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 10:13 (Ref:1228031)   #39
cavvy
Veteran

Dont worry about the V8s - Coch-0 will huff & puff but no national championship will be run with the dollars from Holden & Ford without WA & the Castrol teams know WA has a BP refinery, just as Shell applied tghe pressure when last the AVESCO boys tried to reduce running costs by flicking WA.
You guys need a 2nd circuit as much as you need a street race - not at all.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 01:36 (Ref:1228929)   #40
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Agree regarding the 2 circuits....Would love to have a street race actually.
But thats only my opinion.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 04:42 (Ref:1228984)   #41
cavvy
Veteran

dont support a street race .......

A street race would bleed the WASCC dry - there would be no funds to continue to develop Barbagallo - I was at Wanneroo when it opened compared with last time I was there in 04.
A street race would be a disaster for motor racing in WA.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 17:19 (Ref:1229526)   #42
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm not sure where you'd have one anyway, there's some good twisties down towards the causeway end of the northern foreshore, and a nice curve up at the heirisson island end, and a heck of a lot of straight in between.

There isn't either the money, fans or events to support a 2nd circuit, I think it's just the fans and drivers/riders wouldn't mind something different once in a while. That's why they have the night races, and the reverse-direction races a couple of years back. The bike clubs(hcmc, mcrc) have even been looking at the Collie circuit, which is (no offense to the guy who made it) pretty rough and ready.

The York Flying 50 for the historics is now dead and buried due to insurance costs as well. Heh, my dad's still got a steiner from the 1986 running of that.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 06:24 (Ref:1232040)   #43
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
SO folks, who made it up to Barbagello on Saturday arvo/eve.
Typically i was sick from Wednesday until SUnday so that counted me out. From the pictures I have seen, looks like some great vision.

Oh well not long to wait for the V8's i guess...hopefully a sunny 1 this year.

what are the plans for the West Aussie Folks.

ANy West Aussies going to view any other TC events this year other than our home event?
For some reason Hidden Valley looks like good fun for a weekender!
Old 22 Feb 2005, 07:15 (Ref:1232065)   #44
cavvy
Veteran

outside of Wanneroo

For what it is worth, given my WA intro to motorsport Philip Island is the place to go if you cant make Bathurst - both high speed circuits compared to Wanneroo & great viewing as long as you are prepared to hop it - but they're all great.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 08:58 (Ref:1232135)   #45
Nivola
Racer

Sandgroper you missed an okay meeting. Next time you need to drug up the week before!!!

Cavvy just like to say that the Mighty Mouse eg the fiat abarth was up there on the weekend fresh from the paint shop. Just got a few things to do to it and it should be finished. One sexy little beast!
Old 22 Feb 2005, 09:17 (Ref:1232153)   #46
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Yep, I was up there. Saw the little Abarth, fresh from what looks like a restore and possibily a little updating here and there from the last time I saw it, which was admittedly back in the early 80's. I couldn't find anyone around from Rotomotion to ask them if the are going to run it again, would be good to see it race again (although I couldn't stand the little sucker back in the big banger S/S days )
do you know anything Nivola?

Unfortunately, I couldn't stay for the whole night, saw Turners 'Stang tear up the historics in R1 after the stalled start and that was it.

I'm not going to any other V8SC meetings this year, but I will be in England when the German GP is on, so might slip over there for a weekend.

Last edited by Conrod Kieron; 22 Feb 2005 at 09:21.
Old 23 Feb 2005, 03:16 (Ref:1233043)   #47
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Thanx for the info guys!!!!!!
Getting a speedway fix this weekend and a Doory Slammin Drag fix the week after
Old 23 Feb 2005, 03:47 (Ref:1233057)   #48
Nivola
Racer

Conrod i didnt get a chance to talk properly to Roy or dick due to me running around like a headless chook myself so I dont have much info.

If I had web space I could put up a Pic but that not going to happern due to my limitations of no web site!

There where plenty of sparks between the formula vee's! looks like the end of 2003 all over again. Wonder how karl riendler is going. Anyone know his plans for this year?

Lee looks good in his tranam just needs more seat time. Its been two long since we have had a good local pony on the grid. Miss the days of Bruce Peacock in his Blue 289. those where the days <Col in the chevy belair and davenport, runciman and chris cunnold in the mighty minis!>
Old 23 Feb 2005, 04:42 (Ref:1233078)   #49
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Nivola, Email me the pic and i'll host it, I think you can also attach it to a post here although it may need to be hosted elsewere.
Old 24 Feb 2005, 05:14 (Ref:1234104)   #50
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
Asian Festival Of Speed

The Asian festival Of Speed is coming to Wetern Australia on 10-11 September.
I had never new this series existed to a couple of mounths ago when I was happened to come across the site. When I was looking through the site I saw that one of the rounds of the championship was not only going to be held in Australia but it was going to be in WA. I think they are having the round on a street circuit around Bunbury. Should be good.

Asian Festival Of Speed features Asian Touring Car Championship, Formula BMW and Asian Carrera Cup Racing.

Does anyone have any info on what races are going to be on September 10-11 in the WA round and where exactly the race will be in Bunbury????

The official site for the Asian FestivalOf Speed is:
http://www.afos.com/

Last edited by mabs_nsx; 24 Feb 2005 at 05:16.